Janvhi’s Career NEEDS to end

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 months ago

Okay fine she got a chance because she’s Sridevi daughter, accepted. However she has not delivered. Her acting is just as pathetic as Dhadak which is now 6 years ago! Her so-called Raazi wannabe movies like Roohi, Jerry, Mili, and Gunjun were huge disasters with terrible acting. And now yet again she’s being rewarded with a solo-headlining movie Uljah.

Meanwhile, others with talent such as Tripti have to “shake it” to make it ….. and Janhvi just bats her eyes and gets endless work. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Ulajh looks like a disaster already so your wish might just come true. smiley36

1243752 thumbnail

Yeah, does she not realize that these challenging roles, requiring top notch acting skills, are best left to the pros? It's doing her no favors. instead, they just highlight how much she still needs to learn before diving into roles that demand pure acting prowess.

She should have stuck to simpler roles at first, maybe a few catchy dance numbers under her belt by now, like Nadiyon par, since that's clearly her strength. Instead, she jumps straight into Gunjan right after her debut, and cranks out these demanding roles one after another, failing every single time.

You’d think these folks have advisors or professionals to knock some sense into their stubborn heads, even from a business standpoint!

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I guess, the industry around Janhvi is more 'populated' with yes-sayers...and in addition it may be that Janhvi is a bit stubborn in her opinion about her professional 'call'. And what about her father...how much is his involvement in that?

I don't know which movies those who criticise Janhvi's acting have r e a l l y watched? I only watched (until now) the one with Varun (Nitesh Tiwari's Bawaal, no Dharma production) and it was a decent performance imo.

I had been interested in Mili (produced by her father) but after having watched the original, I didn't want to watch this movie a second time.

I didn't watch Roohi (Maddock production) because I'm not much interested in horror movies.

I didn't watch Good Luck Jerry (also not Dharma) because of knowing the Tamil original with Nayanthara.

Until now, Janhvi did 7 fullfledged movies...she certainly will continue.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

I agree

okay leave acting aside..take a look at the BO of all her movies after her debut..all flops..how can she repeatedly be casted that too in solo projects when she has failed on all accounts be it acting or bo..just disaster

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Clochette

I guess, the industry around Janhvi is more 'populated' with yes-sayers...and in addition it may be that Janhvi is a bit stubborn in her opinion about her professional 'call'. And what about her father...how much is his involvement in that?

I don't know which movies those who criticise Janhvi's acting have r e a l l y watched? I only watched (until now) the one with Varun (Nitesh Tiwari's Bawaal, no Dharma production) and it was a decent performance imo.

I had been interested in Mili (produced by her father) but after having watched the original, I didn't want to watch this movie a second time.

I didn't watch Roohi (Maddock production) because I'm not much interested in horror movies.

I didn't watch Good Luck Jerry (also not Dharma) because of knowing the Tamil original with Nayanthara.

I mean she is decent..i saw milli..she was decent..not great but not downright awful like sara ali khan either..she hasn't been awful like her contemporaries..i agree..she doesn't have meme worthy terrible performances like LAK, Coolie, Ae watan mere watan (awful is understatement) but problem is not her acting..it is her inability to give a single success post her debut and still being casted in movies that too in leading roles

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

but what about this font ?

IMG_0765.png

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

but what about this font ?

IMG_0765.png

Maybe that should be the title of a movie about a serial killer smiley2

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

okay leave acting aside..take a look at the BO of all her movies after her debut..all flops..how can she repeatedly be casted that too in solo projects when she has failed on all accounts be it acting or bo..just disaster

Okay, I did so...and honestly, looking at the type of movies she did a f t e r her first movie (the first of a string of remakes - this time the very good and very successful Marathi movie Sairat), it isn't astonishing to me. The subject of Dhadak really suited a wider audience then all the following movies and I wonder who was behind those decisions/recommendations of the movie roles. Janhvi? Karan? Boney?

It reminds me of Alia who - after a rather flat Dharma 'teen movie' got the no-Dharma production of Highway that centered more aound her than Randeep Hooda, but she got the chance to work with a skilled director and a skilled actor. Then Dharma made another light movie with her which gave her success in rom-com genre which Dharma repeated with the Varun-Alia pairing. Dharma established Alia in another way in people's mind than Janhvi.

Contrary to Alia, Janhvi's second movie (Dharma) tried to do something that Sajid Nadiadwala as producer did with Alia: giving the newcomer t h e prominent role in the film. However - other than Highway had - with an unknown director and a not-so-exciting story (a biopic!). In addition, Covid had struck the country and the movie got only a Netflix release.

I really think that Janhvi's career being quite unsuccessful boxoffice-wise is also a consequence of wrong role/movie decisions. Another factor is the overhyped nepotism debate which got fuel - with Kangana's allegedly straight-forward 'help' - seven years ago.

So, cute Alia started in 2012 and (allegedly 'plastic') Janhvi in 2018 (just before Covid changed viewer's movie watching habits).

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Haan Ye Karlo Pehle GIF

Word Count: 0