mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

I have mixed feelings about outsiders in the film industry today. Sure, there are exceptions like Tripti Dimri, Vedang Raina, or Pratibha Ranta who impress and capture the nation's attention briefly. However, when we look at the outsiders who are truly succeeding, it’s hard not to feel disheartened.

Take Kartik Aaryan and Kriti Sanon, for instance. Are they really the best we have? Both of them epitomize mediocrity. This suggests that outsiders who employ the same tactics as industry insiders are the ones who climb the cinematic ladder. Kriti Sanon, for example, is often in the news for her alleged link-ups with prominent Bollywood figures. While Kartik Aaryan is undeniably self-made, he still has a long way to go in terms of honing his craft as a performer.

This situation is troubling because it highlights that talent and merit are often overshadowed by networking and publicity stunts. It raises questions about the true nature of success in the film industry and whether genuine talent ever truly gets the recognition it deserves.

Do you guys agree???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Just two decades ago, the landscape of the film industry was markedly different. Outsiders who broke into Bollywood were truly outstanding and made their mark with exceptional talent and perseverance. Vidya Balan, Kangana Ranaut, and Deepika Padukone are prime examples of this era. They not only faced the challenges of being outsiders but also set new benchmarks with their performances.

Why have things changed so drastically now?

1274961 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Why have things changed so drastically now?

There are far too many nepo kids now. I am going to make up names, but we have Binku, Chinku, Rinku now and they all look the same. They can barely act. They make a comment in one interview which goes viral and people either love it or hate it. Thanks to Binku, Chinku, Rinku how do you make the space for outsiders to enter the industry?

So I will take the Kartik and Kriti, because at least there are two of them compared to the ten nepo kids now and twenty more nepo kids that are on their way.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 4 months ago

I totally agree......not only Kriti....but even Kartik has been linked to several people.....no idea if it was true....or just a PR exercise..

I don't know about India......but I work in America.....and here in the corporate world....its the same.....people with talent sometimes get overlooked and those with connections....or those who show off....get promoted......so it happens everywhere......BW is no different than other Corporates....

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Do you guys agree???

Yes. Except for Kartik...I think he is better than mediocre - with a good subject/story and director at least. smiley1

Maroonporsche thumbnail

While Kartik Aaryan is undeniably self-made, he still has a long way to go in terms of honing his craft as a performer.

It depends on which business hes in. If he wants to give some 5 star performance and no one is in the cinema than it dont matter
Edited by Maroonporsche - 4 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

For Karthik we passed his 13 anniversary smiley20https://youtu.be/qy0m-4meolQ?si=alRrfyK9GMFHK8yv

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Not Kartik. He is cute and was good in Freddy.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Both Kartik and Kriti are going to evolve and really blow up in the next 1-2 years. Neither have peaked yet.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 4 months ago
Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Kriti is pretty and can act!

Please watch tbmauj

So far we have only seen 10 mins of tripti in animal so why does she get to be considered as a worthy outsider, and I am not counting bulbul because it’s not mainstream cinema and I am sure most people haven’t watched it

And yes the standards of outsiders have gone down but nepo kids are far worse than outsiders even today