Does this mean Priyanka is an American citizen now?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 months ago

Citizen and resident of LA??? LA is a city in California....It doesn't say ....Citizen of USA....I guess what they mean is Indian citizen but resident of LA.

Nick and PC were married in 2018......and she must have applied for her Greencard then....and I guess it takes around 3 years.....and then she has to be on GC for 5 years to be able to apply for citizenship and it takes around 1 year from that.....so doing the math....she must a permanent resident now....not a citizen yet.

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Citizen and resident of LA??? LA is a city in California....It doesn't say ....Citizen of USA....I guess what they mean is Indian citizen but resident of LA.

Nick and PC were married in 2018......and she must have applied for her Greencard then....and I guess it takes around 3 years.....and then she has to be on GC for 5 years to be able to apply for citizenship and it takes around 1 year from that.....so doing the math....she must a permanent resident now....not a citizen yet.

it takes 3 years after being married to same us citizen then they can apply for citizenship

For other types of naturalization greencard holder has to wait 5 years

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Thanks for the info smiley31

What is the process of getting GC for Indian citizens working in US for more than 10 years and have children born in US?

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

LA is also a countysmiley1

London is somewhat similar. Technically, City of London is just 1 square mile... mainly around the financial district. What most people think about is actually Greater London.

you're welcome.smiley36

Originally posted by: Purple5

it takes 3 years after being married to same us citizen then they can apply for citizenship

For other types of naturalization greencard holder has to wait 5 years

ye I heard the same as it has changed with marriage it’s quicker and she may have applied on finance visa because then you get this citizenship quicker then someone who was married in India. In case marry in India and apply to bring spouse over then it takes longer then getting engaged in India and married in the states as the process is quicker.
Edited by wat_up - 5 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Patricia is her name now

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Patricia is her name now

how ? Really

Why is this person suing whole Bollywood 🫤is my question and that to in defamation ?

Edited by wat_up - 5 months ago
1179250 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

Why is this person suing whole Bollywood 🫤is my question and that to in defamation ?

Who knows