Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Here in Dallas a crate of Alphonso sells for 50+ dollars......and it is a very delicate mango.....I have seen so many people complain that the mango have black patches......because it goes through a rigorous process getting to USA.smiley36

Exactly smiley36

Sare khilji ullu ban gaye smiley37

1179250 thumbnail

Comparing a fast beat music to a slow one then wondering why dance movements were faster in one and slower in another

Logic

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Saying that she couldn't dance in front of her family or dad sounds like we might be projecting our modern values onto a period drama. And if that was really the case, they could've just tweaked the step or choreography. I mean, Mastani is supposed to be both a skilled dancer and a warrior.

We are projecting our modern values on a period drama by default of historical fiction tho lol. I don't think Mastani and Kashibai shook a leg to Pinga or Mastani danced publicly to 'entice Bajirao' historically.

Mastani was a princess and all she did probably was just getting told all her life to expect a political marriage.

Edited by Blueeeee - 5 months ago

Banned

[Post Removed]

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: hasini009

Aditi is a trained Classical dancer and Deepu is not. it’s clearly visible in their performances.

...which I find absolutely okay...like for Madhuri, too, it should be rewarding to have trained classical Indian dances.

I also find the argument about their body structure valuable.

So, there are three arguments which make the difference understandable without any need of criticising smiley1

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

SLB made Padmavati look so so bad....it was not even funny......even in Mastani....Deepu looked so stoned all the time with those watery glassy eyes....I say...SLB ke saath kaam he nahi karna chahiye Deepu ko....

Look how gorgeous Farah made Deepu look in OSO and HNY..smiley27..absolutely gorgeous.....and SLB made the same gorgeous face look bad...

I always say.....that if something goes wrong in an SLB movie...it is only his fault....smiley36

Nah, Deepika just doesn’t have it in her to pull off a historical queen onscreen with conviction. The most pathetic performances she has given are in SLB period dramas, Aish would have been better in Padmavati’s role. The charm, grace, aura, body posture, dialogue delivery, timeless beauty etc. which is required for such roles, very few actresses have it in them. Deepika’s height, model like figure and that face is more suited for urban chick roles.
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

SLB decided otherwise, so it was his choice and it was he who guided her through the performing process.

Nevertheless, you may be right and he made the wrong choice. But that isn't Deepika's fault.

Banned

[Post Removed]