Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

And how is anyone sure he hasn't done so??

Except for that one incidence of rum cake (where rum is poured on top of cake which and when the cake is put the burning the alcohol evaporates to leave behind a burnt surface, so don't know if that is an alcoholic's delight anymore ), what is the confirmation that he hasn't abstained from the said things as per his or his PR's announcement??

Why bring those people to topic?? Well when somebody has already brought heavily weighted words like "hurting sentiments" so I don't see why others can't counter it..

Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't , I don't know but I am confused now

In your previous post you were making fun that people were expecting him to behave like Lord Ram in real life too and that's what I was addressing

Bold - Someone objected to ARR and HZ working in this movie? What is their problem

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

My issue is how Ranbir is manipulating his public image. I think it's sacrilege for someone with his level of fitness, his level of passion (clearly not enough since he hasn't bothered to get his body fit) plus the fact that he is a DISASTER for a historical role. Ranbir has GARBAGE dialogue delivery - he's going to be saying Urdu phrases like he's reading a book. A movie like this requires a Ram with proper intonation while giving dialogues. All of Ranbir's weaknesses will be shown by playing Ram.

On the other hand, Brahmastra, and even Animal were more of his strengths. This is akin to when Alia tried to replicate the traditional SLB heroine in Kalank except in a traditional historical context, which means more detail will be looked at.

On the other hand, Sai's strengths are shown in historical, larger than life characters like Sita, but I'm fairly sure Nitesh has done something with the script, and I'm worried he may have messed with Sita's character (I hope not!).

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't , I don't know but I am confused now

In your previous post you were making fun that people were expecting him to behave like Lord Ram in real life too and that's what I was addressing

Bold - Someone objected to ARR and HZ working in this movie? What is their problem

Exactly??? Why pass conjectures as "hurting sentiments"??

LOL!!

Noone has objected that.. I brought in them as anologies..

Edited by bashful_moon - 5 months ago
bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Winterberry08

How are you sure he has done? 1 incident hai which says he hasn't

Us 1 incident main bhi alcohol evaporated leaving behind charred surface.. So if that is testimony..well

And yeah I am as sure he has done so just as you are sure he hasn't. Simple...

bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Oh man.. some of these shah fans smiley44kabar khodh rahen hain

Also that looks like a standard FAMILY cake being shared among the members gathered for festive celebration. Imagine the share RK might have got from the whole...smiley36, wo bhi around 4 mahine pehle..

Christmas mein family ke saath eating rum cake ka slice hurts sentiments of billion people who believe in God..

To billion of God believing people are velle(like us) so much so that they keep tab on EK's upcoming movies and his gastronomical habits there of, again like us velles..smiley37

Global Unemployment is record high, I tell you..

1215019 thumbnail

Around the 8th century, the playwright Bhavabhūti wrote this verse, spoken by Rāma to remind Sītā about their forest exile, when they used to spend the whole night in a tight embrace.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/162032894

The link above will work after you join the Saṃskṛta Text Discussion private forum through the link in my signature. In the same forum, you can find many other Rāmāyaṇa topics, or start your own.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Ranbir isn't a God...he p l a y s one...

Winterberry ain't wrong though *cough* the director of Adipurush saying Jai Shree Ram to avoid negative questions about the movie's quality*cough*

They know Ram ke naam pe picture bikegi and if audience is ready to accept his "method" acting, why should RK not use the arrows in his arsenal to sell himself as Ram

Heck, this happened too

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiatoday.in/amp/elections/story/lok-sabha-polls-wallets-mobiles-stolen-during-bjps-arun-govils-ramayan-roadshow-2530508-2024-04-23

So yeah, like politicians, BW too has understood that you can use Gods now.

And those who are saying that SAK playing Raavan didn't cause any issues, check out our esteemed news channels spending their precious time

https://youtu.be/CvYA1EcgaIo?si=TWNjZwvI-vHAuS-j

And navika did a show about Ranbir's beef eating comments two years after his comments

So yeah, the movies, especially Ramayan, seem to be under extra focus for some reason (faith) and it's a great idea to show that he is putting in the efforts to be like Ram

Is it wrong or right to use faith to earn moolah, hum politicians ko nahi call karte, yeh toh phir bhi actors hai🤣

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 5 months ago
bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Winterberry ain't wrong though *cough* the director of Adipurush saying Jai Shree Ram to avoid negative questions about the movie's quality*cough*

They know Ram ke naam pe picture bikegi and if audience is ready to accept his "method" acting, why should RK not use the arrows in his arsenal to sell himself as Ram

Heck, this happened too

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiatoday.in/amp/elections/story/lok-sabha-polls-wallets-mobiles-stolen-during-bjps-arun-govils-ramayan-roadshow-2530508-2024-04-23

So yeah, like politicians, BW too has understood that you can use Gods now.

And those who are saying that SAK playing Raavan esteemed news channels spending their precious time

https://youtu.be/CvYA1EcgaIo?si=TWNjZwvI-vHAuS-j

And navika did a show about Ranbir's beef eating comments two years after his comments

So yeah, the movies, especially Ramayan, seem to be under extra focus for some reason (faith) and it's a great idea to show that he is putting in the efforts to be like Ram

Is it wrong or right to use faith to earn mullah, hum politicians ko nahi call karte, yeh toh phir bhi actors hai🤣

My question was did it become an issue for viewers??? The movie failed because it was abysmal.TV Channels ko to bas TRP se matlab hai, unka kya??

TV Channels even debated on Animal, Padmavat etc. but what bearing did it have on audience or the success of movies???

Regarding "method" acting or spontaneous one, let the team and RK decide that if that is needed. If they think the bow and the arrow is a good idea, they might end up doing that too... Let them be the one to decide on the promotional or controversy-avoiding strategies..

Besides, even if he sticks on method acting, does a 4 month old video that shows him neither eating, nor cutting the rumcake (even if he ate it, how much might have been his share with so many people around for celebration not to mention a standard rum cake needs just half to 3/4 th cup of rum to make it) negate that he has given up on method acting?? How does that point to him either being alcoholic again/thus lieing to to people or hurting-the-sentiments-of-billion-of-God-believing-people, accusations???

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

My question was did it become an issue for viewers??? The movie failed because it was abysmal.TV Channels ko to bas TRP se matlab hai, unka kya??

TV Channels even debated on Animal, Padmavat etc. but what bearing did it have on audience or the success of movies???

Regarding "method" acting or spontaneous one, let the team and RK decide that if that is needed. If they think the bow and the arrow is a good idea, they might end up doing that too... Let them be the one to decide on the promotional or controversy-avoiding strategies..

Besides, even if he sticks on method acting, does a 4 month old video that shows him neither eating, nor cutting the rumcake (even if he ate it, how much might have been his share with so many people around for celebration not to mention a standard rum cake needs just half to 3/4 th cup of rum to make it) negate that he has given up on method acting?? How does that point to him either being alcoholic again/thus lieing to to people or hurting-the-sentiments-of-billion-of-God-believing-people, accusations???

Gosh IKR! Ek rum cake kha lia toh kya badi baat ho gai? Aur iss video mei toh kha b nee ra smiley44
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Is it wrong or right to use faith to earn moolah, hum politicians ko nahi call karte, yeh toh phir bhi actors hai🤣

It is wrong to use faith...but that is inherent to mankind to do wrongs knowing that it is wrong (especially for "moolah")...In my opinion, profiting from faith to create religions was the first step to use faith for personal gain (power, wealth). Politics just have other 'gods' but also (mis-)uses faith.