Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

So why not criticize the OTT folks who indulge in these shows? Why is Animal being singled out here? Because it actually has a visual success tag attached to it - 500cr at BO?

Why not criticise OTT content which is equally if not more popular than Animal with the current generation - Sacred Games, Mirzapur, Ashram, etc. have some of the most obscene and questionable content. Lekin comment sabko Animal par hi karna hai?

And honestly, if an adult is getting inspired by Animal to do animalistic things, then even without animal he would end up doing the same things - just needs a different trigger point. This is such a bs excuse to place blame on external factors rather than society owning up to its own problems

OTT content are not mainstream and the actors are small stars.

Ranbir is extremely popular in India. He has a bigger reach to audience than OTT stars.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

Ranbir is extremely popular in India. He has a bigger reach to audience than OTT stars.

bold: That's not always the case...and also mainstream movies with big stars are released on OTT after the theatrical run.

So, I think this isn't an argument against what CrimeMasterToto wrote.

Focussing on Animal and Ranbir is not what Imran implies in what he said to Anupama.

1275042 thumbnail

Its cool that he is able to address whatever existential crisis he is going through. But it is also a very privileged thing - he is able to do it because he has the financial security from doing all those movies he did thanks to his Maamu.

You think someone like Rajkumar Rao (who has more talent in his toenail than IK will in his whole career) can afford to take a break to address their personal crisis or breakdown - he will have to continue to work through it because being an actor is his day job. He might also be passionate about it, but he still has to do the grind of showbiz to be relevant and have financial stability.

@ bold

Lol mamu snatched LSC from his own son junaid who was supposed to debut with that movie

Imran ke liye ghanta kuch karega jis bande ko apne khud ke bete ke career ke saath itna bada khidwad karne mein zara bhi shatm nahi aayi

Imran mainly worked with yrf and dharma. He also comes from money which he must have invested for his own launch through AK productions.

I am sure chindi mamu se ek rupya nahi mila hoga usko uss movie sesmiley36

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: Clochette

bold: That's not always the case...and also mainstream movies with big stars are released on OTT after the theatrical run.

So, I think this isn't an argument against what CrimeMasterToto wrote.

Focussing on Animal and Ranbir is not what Imran implies in what he said to Anupama.

Ok but its about the content. Mainstream actors don't usually do Animal type movies. When they do its problematic. Like Shahid did Kabir singh(that was remake of a south movie). Mostly its the director Vanga who should be blamed. But Ranbir did say he agrees with the ideology of his character in Animal. As a big star he should not give such statements.

Anyway if its not about Animal and Ranbir I will stop here.

Edited by DivineAngel - 6 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Kidnap mein he kidnaps a girl to get revenge on her dad. And then has a happy ending.

did he have romantic angle w his kidnapping victim ? smiley36 I just remember the mom smiley36
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Funtuss

@ bold

Lol mamu snatched LSC from his own son junaid who was supposed to debut with that movie

Imran ke liye ghanta kuch karega jis bande ko apne khud ke bete ke career ke saath itna bada khidwad karne mein zara bhi shatm nahi aayi

Imran mainly worked with yrf and dharma. He also comes from money which he must have invested for his own launch through AK productions.

I am sure chindi mamu se ek rupya nahi mila hoga usko uss movie sesmiley36

So we shame Aamir for not supporting nepotism..damned if you damned if you don't

Well thats his choice who he wants to cast in his production. What is with shaming him for not supporting / promoting mediocrity?

Imran couldn't act to save his life and if Aamir didn't keep casting him in movies, we shame him for that?..and had he done so. we would have shamed him as well..so i am glad he did not.

Aamir is probably one of the very few who gave good talent with no backing a chance to shine..zaira wasim in dangal and secret superstar..got 1st 2 movies on a scale and scope to perform which many nepo kids won't (of course she was crazy talented but talent alone without backing doesn't get this kind of start) fatima..sania..all these supremely talented girls no one would have given a chance..so more power to him for that

Banned

[Post Removed]

1275042 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

So we shame Aamir for not supporting nepotism..damned if you damned if you don't

Well thats his choice who he wants to cast in his production. What is with shaming him for not supporting / promoting mediocrity?

Imran couldn't act to save his life and if Aamir didn't keep casting him in movies, we shame him for that?..and had he done so. we would have shamed him as well..so i am glad he did not.

Aamir is probably one of the very few who gave good talent with no backing a chance to shine..zaira wasim in dangal and secret superstar..got 1st 2 movies on a scale and scope to perform which many nepo kids won't (of course she was crazy talented but talent alone without backing doesn't get this kind of start) fatima..sania..all these supremely talented girls no one would have given a chance..so more power to him for that

couldnt act to save his life?

Well can say the same about mamu as well after watching thugs of hindustan, 3I, PK, LSC etc

Imran seemed natural in whichever movies he did and it didnt feel like he was "acting"

And who is amir to suppprt or not support nepotism woh khud nepo product hai jo na hi acha actor ban paya aur na hi bada superstar ban paya. Bas hawa bana rakhi hai inn dono cheezo ke liye due to common last name. Itna darta gai BO results ke kei 4 saal mein ek baar aata hai kyoki he knows woh kitna bada bore hai. Log theatres aayenge hi nahi agar saal mein do dafa aa gaya toh. Akshay ko dekh lo. Char baar aata hai bina dare. Thats the confidence of a real superstar.

Mamu kya kisi ko banayega ya bigadega.

Usko fatima se phursat mile tabhi soche kon beta kon bhanja

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Funtuss

couldnt act to save his life?

Well can say the same about mamu as well after watching thugs of hindustan, 3I, PK, LSC etc

Imran seemed natural in whichever movies he did and it didnt feel like he was "acting"

And who is amir to suppprt or not support nepotism woh khud nepo product hai jo na hi acha actor ban paya aur na hi bada superstar ban paya. Bas hawa bana rakhi hai inn dono cheezo ke liye due to common last name. Itna darta gai BO results ke kei 4 saal mein ek baar aata hai kyoki he knows woh kitna bada bore hai. Log theatres aayenge hi nahi agar saal mein do dafa aa gaya toh. Akshay ko dekh lo. Char baar aata hai bina dare. Thats the confidence of a real superstar.

Mamu kya kisi ko banayega ya bigadega.

Usko fatima se phursat mile tabhi soche kon beta kon bhanja

smiley36

I rest my case

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

so Animal would be fine and acceptable, if Rajkumar Rao did it?