Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 months ago

It seems to become common practice to highlight more the worldwide Gross instead of the Hindi net/all-India net...

Including yesterday, the boxoffice had been (Sacnilk):

India Net Collection ₹ 52.75 Cr

Worldwide Collection ₹ 97.45 Cr

As far as I know, the so-called 100 cr Club refers to the net collection (or at least it had been so before the pandemic.

Still more than 50 cr is already a good result for an only-women-centric movie, imo.

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I’ve not seen a more plain movie than this in recent times. Poorly paced, slow and not exciting. It picks up towards the end 30 mins when the girls are in Dubai. It gets few laughs but it’s not a riot or a ride. Girls were good but couldn’t elevate this plain script. The first half was just a bore

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

So I finally saw Crew after much wait & excitement.

My honest 2 words review on it;

EPIC DISAPPOINTMENT

They had so much to make a fun engaging movie, above all such a stellar cast, but oh boy what a waste

The 1st half kills it. So painfully slow, nothing really moves forward, constant flashbacks and hardly any fun moments. Not much comedy either. Total flat 1st half.

The movie gets better with 2nd half, particularly holding grip in the dubai portion, that is when it seemed like a heist movie coz up till then it had zero elements of what you would want in a heist movie. The plots are always too convenient, you never feel that thrill you would want to experience, sab kuch buhat conveniently ho jata hai. The comedy particular is very flat aur jo hai bi woh supporting cast se aati hai, the 3 leads barely have moments where you would laugh, comedy is very flat and most of the jokes just don't land.

When the screenplay is this faulty, not much can come from the cast despite their talent and this is exactly what happens here. All 3 have done much better work and all 3 are let down by horribly lazy writing and faulty screenplay. Tabu, kareena and kriti have great chemistry and they have played their parts well but that is all to it coz their characters never have much depth or an arc for them to even fully bring them to life. Supporting cast particularly the female officer and rich daddy's daughter are good and provide the most laughs. Kapil and Diljit sincere in guest appearances.

Overall, it was an okay one time watch. I am not saying that it is an awful movie. I can totally understand why many are liking it. It is just that the hype and expectations which the teaser , trailer and the names, on and off screen, set, the movie falls way below expectations.

2/5

Edited by cougarTown - 6 months ago
FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

r/BollyBlindsNGossip - On 2nd Tuesday, 'Crew' is selling more tickets than 'BMCM' & 'Maidaan' on Book My Show. I hope our directors and producers will take women-centric movies more seriously now

Word Count: 0