Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 months ago

Being a diehard Hrithik fan i had so many expectations from this movie and i was so excited to watch it but sadly it didnt live up to them at all. And i think the sole reason for that is the treatment given to everything. It’s solely the fault of Siddharth Anand who failed at writing a taught script which is fairly an easy job in patriotic films. Even bad and average patriotic films evoke some emotions but this didnt! There are so many problems:

-They tried to do everything.. keep the film patriotic yet give HR’s characters more dimensions by involving him in emotional conflicts which worked against the film. Dont try to make a khichdi!

-They tried so hard to mellow down hrithik and give ksg more significance. I dont know why the hell…This is not feasible when you have HR on board. Even in war a tiger shroff couldnt even scratch the impact HR had. Then how can ksg do it.

-In order to make HR’s character have a conflict they made him so dumb.

-Deepika and HR don’t have chemistry. Now idk if this is a problem with the writing here or an actual problem. May be if they do another movie we might know.

-The feminist angle attached to DP’s character is actually so half baked and done just for the heck of it.

-The villain is so poorly written. Face off is very lukewarm.

The only thing i liked about the film are the aerial moments and Anil kapoor.

How much i loved the climax moments of bang bang and war.. it was unending adrenaline rush of nearly 30 mins which was non existent here. In bang bang you have HR on bike, on skateboard, on the aircraft, driving a formula1 car.. so much!!! And nothing here! Quite a disappointment

BBOTT thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: _symphony

Being a diehard Hrithik fan i had so many expectations from this movie and i was so excited to watch it but sadly it didnt live up to them at all. And i think the sole reason for that is the treatment given to everything. It’s solely the fault of Siddharth Anand who failed at writing a taught script which is fairly an easy job in patriotic films. Even bad and average patriotic films evoke some emotions but this didnt! There are so many problems:

-They tried to do everything.. keep the film patriotic yet give HR’s characters more dimensions by involving him in emotional conflicts which worked against the film. Dont try to make a khichdi!

-They tried so hard to mellow down hrithik and give ksg more significance. I dont know why the hell…This is not feasible when you have HR on board. Even in war a tiger shroff couldnt even scratch the impact HR had. Then how can ksg do it.

-In order to make HR’s character have a conflict they made him so dumb.

-Deepika and HR don’t have chemistry. Now idk if this is a problem with the writing here or an actual problem. May be if they do another movie we might know.

-The feminist angle attached to DP’s character is actually so half baked and done just for the heck of it.

-The villain is so poorly written. Face off is very lukewarm.

The only thing i liked about the film are the aerial moments and Anil kapoor.

How much i loved the climax moments of bang bang and war.. it was unending adrenaline rush of nearly 30 mins which was non existent here. In bang bang you have HR on bike, on skateboard, on the aircraft, driving a formula1 car.. so much!!! And nothing here! Quite a disappointment

how? hrithik was the hero, he had much more screen space, I am not sure what you are talking of.

BBOTT thumbnail

If the movie doesn't do well, it is because of Hrithik, he did not act well.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: BBOTT

If the movie doesn't do well, it is because of Hrithik, he did not act well.

can we try to be positive. I think it will recover costs
BBOTT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

can we try to be positive. I think it will recover costs

smiley5 how is that positive?

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lauriesa

So basically doing well overseas but average in India