Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 months ago

Watched Salaar today. Watched in Telugu with subtitles so that the essence of the movie is not lost.

Honestly, didn't have lot of expectations from this one given Prabhas' recent movies post Bahubali and the reviews by BW critics.

But I was absolutely taken aback. This was a typical mass masala with the black and white undertone (just like KGF) but:

1. It was much more interesting and entertaining than KGF ( I slept a bit during KGF part 1)

2. It created a good foundation for its second installment without dragging too much.

Shruti Hassan did cringe acting, but apart from her, everyone else did a great job.

Prabhas didn't have lot of scenes which required great acting and that did him huge favour.

The oldest daughter of King was too good. The actress did a great job and the scenes between Prabhas and other hero were very touching as well.

I had already guessed the twist at the end, so no surprises there.

Music was meh. Nothing remarkable or noteworthy, but the elevation scenes during action scenes were good. Great one time watch I would say and it is definitely a film made for theaters.

3.5/5 from my side.

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 months ago

the OG Taran Adarsh is only real trade analyst. Ye kuch bhi post kar rahe hain . Reporting 70-80cr more than the actual collection smiley36 only Hindi collection looks genuine.

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: loginidran

I liked Prithviraj more than Prabhas.

I haven't watched yet πŸ˜€ I like rishabh Shetty . This tweet popped up on my timeline,so shared it.

Did you liked the film?

Maroonporsche thumbnail
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Strangers02

I haven't watched yet πŸ˜€ I like rishabh Shetty . This tweet popped up on my timeline,so shared it.

Did you liked the film?

It was a bit overwhelming in the beginning because there was so much to take in in terms of the world and its rules he puts together from the scratch. Before you know it, you get engrossed into that world and become invested in it. Prashant is a master creator, may be even better than Rajamouli. I will try to write a more detailed review later in the night.

Originally posted by: Befikre

Watched Salaar today. Watched in Telugu with subtitles so that the essence of the movie is not lost.

Honestly, didn't have lot of expectations from this one given Prabhas' recent movies post Bahubali and the reviews by BW critics.

But I was absolutely taken aback. This was a typical mass masala with the black and white undertone (just like KGF) but:

1. It was much more interesting and entertaining than KGF ( I slept a bit during KGF part 1)

2. It created a good foundation for its second installment without dragging too much.

Shruti Hassan did cringe acting, but apart from her, everyone else did a great job.

Prabhas didn't have lot of scenes which required great acting and that did him huge favour.

The oldest daughter of King was too good. The actress did a great job and the scenes between Prabhas and other hero were very touching as well.

I had already guessed the twist at the end, so no surprises there.

Music was meh. Nothing remarkable or noteworthy, but the elevation scenes during action scenes were good. Great one time watch I would say and it is definitely a film made for theaters.

3.5/5 from my side.

thanks on review

Originally posted by: loginidran

It was a bit overwhelming in the beginning because there was so much to take in in terms of the world and its rules he puts together from the scratch. Before you know it, you get engrossed into that world and become invested in it. Prashant is a master creator, may be even better than Rajamouli. I will try to write a more detailed review later in the night.

sounds interesting though I heard many waiting to see part 2. I think they should have had some song as I heard there no songs in the movie. It’s mainly the writers and director who can bring characters to light.
Edited by wat_up - 9 months ago