I am enjoying the female attention: Mohit Marwah

Stuti Agarwal,TNN | May 27, 2014, 12.41 PM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Sonam Kapoor|Salman Khan|Mohit Marwah|Fugly|Arjun Kapoor
I am enjoying the female attention: Mohit Marwah
Mohit Marwah
Having Sonam Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor as cousins can give anyone a high, but not Mohit Marwah. A very grounded Mohit, who is making his debut with Fugly, spoke about the importance of creating your own path.

Was acting a natural choice for you? I decided very early in my life " Class X to be precise " that I wanted to act. But I took the right path to pursue that. My family, which has been into films, always ingrained it in our minds that you have to go and make your own journey. Especially as an actor, your journey is individual. So I became an assistant director for three films. I took up a filmmaking course. I went to New York for a theatre school. After coming back to Mumbai I started auditioning and got this film.

ALSO READ: Presence of Salman, Akshay ensure that Fugly reaches larger audience

You were first noticed by KJo, right? Yes I did a film with him that was directed by Shakun Batra. That film helped me a lot since it put me out there. People got to know about me and I met him at this birthday last week and thanked him for the film, which got me some recognition. I want to keep doing short films even now, it's my love.

So enjoying the female attention? Well it's just starting and of course I am enjoying it. Why will I lie?

How was it shooting for the title track with Salman and Akshay? It was amazing. I have grown up in the 90's and they have been the stars. I remember going to the gym playing Salman's songs. Going to your first nightout and dancing to Akshay's songs. So now to work with them was a very surreal experience. It was satisfying to have these two Gods of Bollywood in your first film and welcoming you into the industry. I couldn't have asked for more.
ALSO READ: My cousin Arjun Kapoor and I, both think a lot: Mohit Marwah
Is their peer pressure considering you have Sonam and Arjun Kapoor as cousins?We all are of the same age, so we discuss projects and experiences, but don't give or take tips. There's no peer pressure on me. We are all here to create our individual identities. They have given me their best wishes and are looking forward to see the film.