Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: panacea

If you are contemplating that English is her mother tongue she should have said so.
If she did not understand what is mother tongue, she should have sought clarification.

Arreh!
She did.
First language = mother tongue.
First language- English.
Edited by BB10 - 7 years ago
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: greatsaleen

I did not know my mother-tongue until very late in life because my father's job took us around the whole country. We were very fluent in English and Hindi. I clearly recall studying at a boarding in Simla where we used to be reprimanded for not speaking in English except for during Hindi class.

It's not even about English, the fact that she couldn't even translate is laughable after she confidently said Wngish is her first language... and it's not like she didn't understand or doesn't understand Hindi cos she did translate it first time just Incorrectly...
denver_diva thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: greatsaleen

I did not know my mother-tongue until very late in life because my father's job took us around the whole country. We were very fluent in English and Hindi. I clearly recall studying at a boarding in Simla where we used to be reprimanded for not speaking in English except for during Hindi class.

Nonetheless, I truly believe everyone should make a sincere effort to stay connected with their mother tongue. Something in your soul will feel disconnected without it. I enjoyed Lopa, Manveer and Mannu's translations.

This was a fun task and they wanted to make it sound funny.SRK wasnt interviewing them for a translation job so they didnt have to be perfect. Bani has been speaking in Hindi for 3 months in BBhouse. All she had to do was speak one more sentence here. So with her nakhra of not even trying to speak in Hindi/Punjabi, she ended up making a fool of herself.

Moreover, Bani has left school 10-12 years ago and has been in the Industry where they only speak Hindi (Yes on Roadies Hindi is mandatory) 10-12 years is more than enough time to learn Hindi in this Industry.
Well even Katrina Kaif (born and raised in England) doesnt try to show that English is her first lang.
I dont know what prefession you are in, but Bani has been anchoring on MTV Inida in Hindi !
She was not asked to write an essay in Hindi which was to be graded.She only had to translate one line.
BTW, She made a mockery of herself again because she couldnt translate to eng without correction 😳

panacea thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BB10

Arreh!
She did.
First language = mother tongue.
First language- English.

Mother tongue is the language spoken by the ethnic group you belong to or spoken by your ancestors.
First language is what you have learnt and used to speak.
Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: panacea

Mother tongue is the language spoken by the ethnic group you belong to or spoken by your ancestors.
First language is what you have learnt and used to speak.

Since you are not going to believe me.
And I am not interested in sounding cocky.

Here go have a look:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/mother_tongue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_language

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: DoremonLove

This is actually called being fake. She thinks speaking English will make u look superior πŸ˜†.

She doesnt know.meaning of chaplusi but always uses phalana dimkanaπŸ˜†

I second you. she proved today how fake and cocky she is
cheema22 thumbnail
guys she is sikh and born in punjab, and she attended vivek high school till 7th standard so i dont think that she dont know punjabi language. but the thing is that she said her first language is English or we can say her mother tongue but its not possible that she belongs to a sikh family, attended a school till 7th class in mohali and don't know punjabi... just a bullshit..she just got a lot of attitude and ego problem. she always wants to show that she was studied from woodstock school and all the time she try show people how cool she is, thats the real problem she have. And the thing she said yesterday that her first language is english is just shows that she feel shame of saying punjabi her first language. And thats why SRK said that you are from england.
And shame on everyone who is living in india and dont even speak our national language and mother tongue properly. its good to learn new languages but i dont understand what problem we have in learning hindi or any indian language if we dont know it.
Edited by cheema22 - 7 years ago
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
LMAO I loved how SRK was like " ur from england" she got troll so badly. Ande kah kah ke aur sare huye hogayi hai 🀣
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cheema22

guys she is sikh and born in punjab, and she attended vivek high school till 7th standard so i dont think that she dont know punjabi language. but the thing is that she said her first language is English or we can say her mother tongue but its not possible that she belongs to a sikh family, attended a school till 7th class in mohali and don't know punjabi... just a bullshit..she just got a lot of attitude and ego problem. she always wants to show that she was studied from woodstock school and all the time she try show people how cool she is, thats the real problem she have. And the thing she said yesterday that her first language is english is just shows that she feel shame of saying punjabi her first language.

And shame on everyone who is living in india and dont even speak our national language and mother tongue properly. its good to learn new languages but i dont understand what problem we have in learning hindi or any indian language if we dont know it.

She tried to act cool but made fool of herself πŸ˜†

Its a proud moment when you can speak your mother tongue but This wanna be I really don't know what she try to prove hersslf. Joker kahin ki πŸ˜†
1013440 thumbnail

Originally posted by: denver_diva

Ek achha tameezaard insaan bhi real ho sakta hai. Jiske dil me accha hai uski zaban pe bhi achha hai - wo real hona make sense karta hai. Agar dil me bura hai and zaban pe bhi bura aaya to aise real insaan ki value is the same as 1000 ka note..So Bani is like a useless 1000 ka note

This! πŸ‘

+10000000
Edited by NathuPyare - 7 years ago