Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: supermindtalker

Now you are contradicting your own statements by giving examples like these. Katrina bahar se aakar Hindi seekh sakti hai aur Bani India mein rehkar apni mother tongue nahi seekh sakti??? How old is she?

ap Puri conversation pehele pariye then ask karo kyu Mai Katrina ka name liya ... And bani Keya kar rahi hai iya nehi woh apko kaise pata ? Kat Hindi sikhnr ke bad bhi har interview English se deti hai... Even jackline bhi... But galat Hindi bolnese sab haste hai.. isse beheter mat bolo na... Bani ne wohi kiya , galad bolnese behter apni comfort jone Mai raha... Sahi yo kiya...
Edited by opsora2090 - 7 years ago
panacea thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: opsora2090

bani ka mother language Keya hai sab iyea jante hai.. Isiliye may be woh mention nehi kiya.

Sab jaante hain is an excuse. When a question is asked it should be answered to the point, which most Indians miss.
What is first language? Is it what you heard first, what you were spoken to first, what you spoke first, what you understood first, what you schooled first , what you are most proficient...
If you had answered the question properly, the topic would have been clear.
Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: No2Pencil

Count me in. I am out and out Punjabi - both hindi and punjabi is being spoken in my family, still, to this day i am hesitant to speak in Punjabi and that too coming from a person who is actually born in Punjab, raised and educated there. I am pretty sure that Bani doesn't wanted to destroy the language and made fool out of herself. I am glad she stick to the language she knew the best.

Me too. I am mocked day in and day out.
I have been called fake punjaban, jattni, and what not. 😆
Edited by BB10 - 7 years ago
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: opsora2090

translation kabhi bhi ek jaise nehi hoti hai bhai... Agar may grammatical, synonyms karke translate karti Hu to ek hi bat hai... Bani apni tarikese translate kiya , and SK sir apni tarikese...

Dono hi sahi the 😊

Par usne synonym bhi use nahi kiya bhaiii... synonym bhi use karo toh uska matlab ya content nahi badalta... yaha she changed the meaning of a simple sentence which she was to translate in her FIRST language... 🤢
Sallu and SRK had a hearty laugh spoon feeding the poor lost soul...
Maharani69 thumbnail

Originally posted by: panacea

Sab jaante hain is an excuse. When a question is asked it should be answered to the point, which most Indians miss.
What is first language? Is it what you heard first, what you were spoken to first, what you spoke first, what you understood first, what you schooled first , what you are most proficient...
If you had answered the question properly, the topic would have been clear.

A first language (also native language, father tongue/mother tongue, arterial language, or L1) is a language that a person has been exposed to from birth orwithin the critical period. ... Children brought up speaking more than one language can have more than one native language, and be bilingual.

I am sorry. I hate to act like Quora.
But she did say my first language is English.
We don't know how she was brought up, what language she was taught first. Let's just not dissect the situation further.

Unless you are trying to say something else...and I missed your point.
panacea thumbnail

Originally posted by: BB10

A first language (also native language, father tongue/mother tongue, arterial language, or L1) is a language that a person has been exposed to from birth orwithin the critical period. ... Children brought up speaking more than one language can have more than one native language, and be bilingual.

I am sorry. I hate to act like Quora.
But she did say my first language is English.
We don't know how she was brought up, what language she was taught first. Let's just not dissect the situation further.

Unless you are trying to say something else...and I missed your point.

I am not saying anything other than stressing that when a question is asked answer to the point.
She was asked to translate in her mother tongue.
The answer should be that " I am Punjabi but am not proficient and so I will do it in X., Y, Z language"

I_Have_A_Spine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
In Roadies audition she was made fun of for speaking in fake accent & wrong grammatical English. Nothing changed till then, she remains fake but pushed by Endemol.
Maharani69 thumbnail

Originally posted by: panacea

I am not saying anything other than stressing that when a question is asked answer to the point.
She was asked to translate in her mother tongue.
The answer should be that " I am Punjabi but am not proficient and so I will do it in X., Y, Z language"

But that is what I am saying too. We do not know how she was brought up na.
So even if she grew up in Punjab, it does not automatically make her mother tongue Punjabi.
I don't think she is Sikh either.
So what if they always spoke in English...that makes her first language- English.
I am unable to see how she did not answer directly.

greatsaleen thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Dev.*

I would say Hindi is my mother tongue and English is our official language. All my life I have spoken in my mixture of Hindi, English and regional language because that's the atmosphere I have got from childhood. What fake in it? Same with Bani. We're taught English and Hindi from childhood and English is compulsory for English medium school if anyone knows here? And then in University level as well.

So I can relate with Bani here more. Like Lopa spoke in Marathi, I can also speak in my regional language but at the same time I'm comfortable in speaking in HinGlish(Hindi+English) as I use this language daily. And by the way thank God we have languages and I love them. ❤️ I LOVE learning NEW languages as I respect them all and admire them for their uniqueness.

Peace.

Fact: Hindi and English are the official languages of the country , my India.❤️

I did not know my mother-tongue until very late in life because my father's job took us around the whole country. We were very fluent in English and Hindi. I clearly recall studying at a boarding in Simla where we used to be reprimanded for not speaking in English except for during Hindi class.

Nonetheless, I truly believe everyone should make a sincere effort to stay connected with their mother tongue. Something in your soul will feel disconnected without it. I enjoyed Lopa, Manveer and Mannu's translations.

Edited by greatsaleen - 7 years ago
panacea thumbnail

Originally posted by: BB10

But that is what I am saying too. We do not know how she was brought up na.
So even if she grew up in Punjab, it does not automatically make her mother tongue Punjabi.
I don't think she is Sikh either.
So what if they always spoke in English...that makes her first language- English.
I am unable to see how she did not answer directly.

If you are contemplating that English is her mother tongue she should have said so.
If she did not understand what is mother tongue, she should have sought clarification.