averma4583 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Kairav had met Armaan outside and asked to speak to him alone.

“Armaan sa, I’m Kairav Singhania-Goenka, Akshu’s brother and Mama of Abhir and Abhira. I heard Abhir spoke to you. He is harsh, but that is his protective side being activated for his sister. Just like yours was when you heard of Charu and Dev. When it comes to sisters, all logic reasonings fly out the window, especially if it’s your younger sister. However, I am here because I am thankful that you provided Abhira the protection she required while Yuvraj was out on the prowl. I know Abhira kept a tally of what she owes you. As her uncle, and guardian, I would like to return you the amount so that Abhira can be mentally debt free.” Kairav handed a check to Armaan.

“No no, I can’t accept this.” Armaan refused.

“Armaan sa, we do not want people in your family to think Abhira used them as a gold digger; and you know that there is a high probability of this happening. Anyways, we are going to work rebuilding the resort such that once our initial investment is earned, the remainder will go to Abhira. So financially, she is secure without the feeling of owing anyone anything.“ Kairav bared the truth.

“Do you and Abhira’s Mami keep a tab on what you spend on each other?” Armaan asked.

“Armaan, ours wasn’t a temporary thing. We took sacred vows in front of God and society.” Kairav tried to explain.

“Well, Abhira and I did as well. Our marriage was as sanctified as any other. Yes, I made mistakes. However, to err is human. “ Armaan countered.

“So you want the marriage? Is that why you haven’t responded? And what about Ruhi? She has been constantly interfering, and you have allowed that. That is disrespectful.” Kairav did not sugar coat anything.

“Yes, I acknowledge that there’s no room for a third person in a marriage. Yes, I accept that I should have told Abhira about my past, but I was afraid for two reasons, what would Abhira’s reaction be and how Ruhi would behave with Abhira. I was genuinely fearful for Abhira’s safety if Ruhi figured out that I love Abhira and not her.” Armaan disclosed his deepest fears.

"Armaan, for a relationship to survive, trust and respect need to be there. Love is not required to sustain it. I mean a classic example would have been that of Akshu and Abhimanyu, her first husband." Kairav continued as he saw Armaan's puzzled expression, "Abhimanyu was her first husband. She met Abhinav Jamaisa after her divorce from Abhimanyu. Don't get me wrong here. Abhimanyu loved her like crazy, but there was no trust and respect in their relationship, thus it died. When she married Abhinav, there was respect and trust. Love blossomed naturally. You know what she told Abhinav when he felt that he was inadequate at providing for her? That she was luckier than Parvati because she did not have to do any tapasya for getting such a wonderful life partner. When Abhimanyu had questioned her what did their relationship lack, she had said the same two things - trust and respect. Armaan, your relationship with Abhira too does not contain these. Neither you nor your family have given her the respect she duly deserved, nor did you trust her. I get that in the heat of the moment, you couldn't think straight, but how about when you calmed down? Instead you placed your trust in Ruhi. The same Ruhi who caused Akshu to leave, and orchestrated Abhira to leave as well."

"What are you saying?" Armaan asked.

"That I know Ruhi very well, and know exactly what she is capable of. Now please sign the papers and free Abhira. We have so many plans for her future. Naksh Mamu is talking to get her to intern under Amaal Clooney." Kairav answered.

------

After the Poddars left, Yash was making fun of Naksh.

“Bada Kaveri ke saath sweet talking ho rahi thi? Yeh flirting kya thi?” Yash spoke as Ananya joined them.

“Arre, you know right what I was doing. Kaveri is not an idiot. She knows what we have done. So I was trying to hineytrap her in a way, dhool jhonk raha tha uski andhon mein. Dushman ko hamesha edge par rakho, so that they can not anticipate your next move. Keep them guessing. Plus, abhi bhi humari samdhan hai. Thodi chhedh- khaani toh banti hai. However, thank you for putting that idiot Sanjay in his place. You and I do the good cop bad cop routine very well.” Naksh laughed.

“I lost my cool. Generally, I use my head, but hearing him say those kinds of things. God knows what else he must have said to Abhira when she was in that madhouse.” Yash said.

“And now, he is going to work like a slave all night, getting those papers ready to serve to the Goenkas. Our style of saying Good Morning I suppose!” Naksh answered.

———-

Ruhi had been completely taken aback with the string of discoveries that she had made. First, that Abhira belonged to a well-connected family, that Abhir was alive and Abhira's brother, making her and Abhira by extension cousins, and to top it off Rohit was alive, and had returned with the Poddars. Getting shock after shock did not allow Ruhi enough time to find her footing and call to apprise the Goenkas of the latest findings. - How will Armaan and I get together now? I mean does Rohit know about my past? What will the future hold?

When night came, and everyone retired for sleep, Ruhi was dumbfounded. Rohit was sprawled all over the bed, not allowing her access to the bed- He's already asleep so sound, where do I sleep though? The side futon is the only thing I have at this moment now. Ruhi grudgingly slept on the futon while Rohit smirked to himself. - Wait and watch Ruhi. All your sleep too will disappear.

------

The next day, Rohit was out and about early, looking over some files with his Sanjay Fufasa. When Ruhi came with breakfast, he declined. Upon Kaveri and Vidya's urging, he answered, "You know what, let me drop this file off, and then I'll be back."

Ruhi asked, "But you should rest a bit, you've just come home."

Rohit was incensed at her false pleasantries, "People who have never had a real job, do not understand the importance of time. Plus, you are not a doctor to give out medical judgements." Saying so, he grabbed his files.

Ruhi was left teary-eyed, and speechless. The rest of the Poddars too sensed the rudeness and barbs thrown at Ruhi. Kaveri chose not to say anything and left the room, while Vidya was perplexed. She went after Kaveri, to ask guidance on what to do. Manisha smiled inwardly at Ruhi's plight, because Ruhi herself had caused many such scenarios where Abhira was blamed, and taunted at. - Ab aayega mazaa isko!

Ruhi looked expectantly towards Armaan, who himself was reeling under Kairav's words from the previous night. He had started to understand how his disrespecting Abhira or not standing up for her, left Abhira's respect to be freely stomped upon by the rest of the family.

-----

Goenka Villa

When Rohit arrived at the Goenkas, it was if they were seeing a ghost. They tried to get him to have breakfast, but he refused, "No, I am not here on a personal visit, but rather a professional one." Saying so, he gave the legal notice to Manish Goenka.

Both Swarna and Surekha looked at Manish whose facial expressions changed by the minute. It was myriad of emotions: hope, joy, sadness and finally tears.

"On such short notice, I thought it was best to hand this over to you in person. Thank you, I will take your leave now." Rohit spoke as he turned back to go out.

"Wait, Rohit ji. You've come so far, have some breakfast." Surekha insisted.

"No, like I said, this is not a personal visit. Thank you, and see you all soon." Rohit abruptly left.

"Manish ji, what was this all about?" Swarna asked.

"We are being sued by Kairav, Abhir and Abhira for ancestral property." Manish spoke a in a defeated voice.

"Abhira, how is she into this? Wait you said Abhir…Abhir is alive?" Surekha gasped as she realized.

"Yes, Abhir is alive, and Abhira is Abhinav Jamaisa and Akshu's daughter." Manish spoke.

"Hey Bhagwaan! You mean to say that we were being rude to one of our own!" Surekha exclaimed.

"How does it matter Surekha? Why do your niceties only cater to blood relations? If you both had been half decent with Abhira, then maybe she would have been able to convince Abhir and Kairav to not sue. I don't have much money left, and Ruhi's involvement in the business has only increased our losses." Manish lamented.

"Well, then we need to speak to Kairav and Abhir. Make them understand." Swarna became agitated. Manish let out a wry laugh. If there was anything that he knew, it was that both Kairav and Abhir had Kartik's blood in them, and once Kartik had decided, nothing would have stopped him.

____

Poddar Mansion

Ruhi was frantically pacing around the living room, waiting for Rohit to arrive. She had just been informed by Surekha how Abhir and Abhira were suing the Goenkas with Rohit as their lawyer.

"How could you? How could take up a case against P.Nanu?" Ruhi screamed as soon as she saw Rohit.

"Ruhi, how dare you? Have your great grandparents not taught how to speak to others?" Kaveri shouted back at Ruhi while Vidya came and stood next to Rohit.

"Ruhi, what's the matter? Why are you yelling at your husband?' Vidya questioned.

"She is yelling because I took a legitimate case against her family." Rohit coolly answered.

"What case?" Armaan asked.

Rohit calmly gave Armaan only brief pointers of the case, and cited client-attorney privilege to prevent Armaan from asking any further.

"Why Ruhi are you so agitated? When Abhira took a case, she not only won the case but also cleared Mummysa's name. If Manish ji is not at fault, then why are you so worked up?" Manisha smoothly asked, who seeing a distraught Ruhi was inwardly happy.

"Armaan, will you represent P.Nanu? He needs a lawyer. If Abhira is suing P.Nanu, then he needs a lawyer. Will you please take the case?" Ruhi started to pester Armaan.

"It's funny how you immediately turn to Armaan bhai? Why? There are other lawyers in the house? Fufasa, Chachasa mean tumhein kabiliyat nahin dikhi?" Rohit threw his taunt at Ruhi who became shocked as to how to deal with Rohit's berukhi.

Armaan sensing the storm brewing within the couple, backed out diplomatically, "Before I take anything on, I need to validate what I am fighting for. After taking Yuvraj's case, I realized how I have a moral responsibility to society." Saying so, he went away to his room.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mumihp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ha...Ruhi turn to suffer after what she put Abhira through. Now its Ruhi and Goenka time to suffer. Look forward to the next chapter and Abhira confrontation with Goenka Family.

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Awesome chapter. Its awesome to imagine Ruhis pathetic state now. Let her face the music. Maza ayega. Cant wait to see poddars and goenkas fall from grace forever.

I am not sure if as a reader I really buy Armaans explanations and "love" . He's screwed up too much. Just want him to suffer in guilt.

sinak thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Loved it. Rohit taunting Ruhi. She deserves it. Manisha is happy that Ruhi is getting back after all the problems she created for Abhira. Happy Late realisation Armaan for Abhira.

Waiting to read what happens next. Please update soon.

alekhika20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Amazing update

Ku1049585 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Amazing

Word Count: 1

Viana_White thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Loved the chapter

Pls update soon can't wait for next chapter

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Amazing chapter