Please update soon

CaptDeadpool007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Posted: 4 months ago

good update

continue soon

Observer007 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am not able to find chapter 7, chapter 6 on page 5 Where it is???
Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

where chapter 7? please write more soon, looking forward:)

srkksgjenny thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Hey I m trying to post but can’t as it’s saying it’s spam
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Please try to clear your browser settings as that may prevent it. Please keep trying

Patiently waiting for the update

srkksgjenny thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Abhira's Deposition: Unveiling Truth and Seeking Justice

The upcoming days were very busy with work as Abhira had the hearing for the gender discrimination case.

At Pearson 's, they followed a process of deposition, and today was the day. The court representative was typing and recording, the opposition attorney was present with the person representing the organization, and the lady who was promoted to COO of that branch.

Abhira was prepared for the deposition, and Armaan, being the legal consultant, was also allowed to be part of it. Abhira led the deposition as Armaan, though senior, had little say as he was just a consultant.

They all set up in the conference room, and they started. The lady, Ms. Kapoor, went on and on about how good the organization was and how they supported women.

After 5 minutes of praise, Abhira asked her how many employees the company had and if she could point out the number of male and female employees on the board of directors or in high positions.

Ms. Kapoor replied that in PAN India, they had 15 women employees on the board.

Abhira asked, "And why so?" Mrs. Kapoor said, "It's capability. We proved our worth and got promoted."

Abhira said, "Thank you, Mrs. Kapoor, for telling us that promotion is based on capability and must be earned."

She then asked, "How are you doing these days? How is your health?"

When Abhira asked this, Mrs. Kapoor’s face went pale. Armaan was confused and surprised at where this was going.

Mrs. Kapoor said she was doing good and was happy. Abhira pointed out the dark circles and a little weakness on her face and said, "Looking at all this, I can say either you are very hardworking or you have health concerns."

She went more pale and nervous, to which the lawyer questioned Abhira about where she was going with this.

Abhira placed her hand over the camera recording and stopped it, looking at the court representative to stop transcription.

Abhira then spoke, "Mrs. Kapoor, it is a crime to lie in court, hope you are aware of it. You have been suffering from ovarian cancer and got your uterus removed. When you returned from your sick leave, you were promoted."

"There is no backdated talk of your promotion. Your promotion is because you have no family, no husband, and no kids, so no personal liability. Just like you, the rest of the 14 women are either single, divorced, or without kids. So yes, you did have merit to be promoted."

The lawyer objected to Abhira and said he would see her in court for personal attacks, trying to stop her, but Abhira was stern, stubborn, and in attacking mode.

Abhira looked at the lawyer and said, "Mr. Khanna, I don’t take threats, I make them. This is just a few questions. We can settle this quietly, or you know me, I do not go to trial if I cannot win."

"I am sure I will win this. If we settle quietly, we all can be happy; if it goes to trial, I will make sure you are left with a penny."

"Now we are done."

Saying this, Abhira walked off.

Armaan was surprised and shocked as Abhira, known for her sensitivity, spoke like this. She was practical, harsh, and this was not the Abhira Armaan knew. She was way ahead of being fearless. Armaan always wanted her to be a fearless lawyer, even bigger than her mother, but this was something else.

Armaan went to Abhira’s cabin, where Abhira was settling. Abhira’s face showed no guilt for how she spoke to the woman who fought cancer and lost the biggest hope of being a mother.

Armaan wanted to speak to her. As he entered, he said, "Abhira?" There was a knock on the door.

Mrs. Kapoor barged in. Abhira got up from her desk. Mrs. Kapoor said, "Why are you standing now and showing respect when the way you spoke to me was disrespectful and demeaning even as a girl?"

She went on saying bad things to Abhira, like how misbehaved and less of a woman she was. Armaan tried to calm Mrs. Kapoor, but Abhira signed him not to.

After 15 minutes of this, Abhira took a glass of water and offered it to Ms. Kapoor, saying, "Have some water, you must be tired of shouting at me." Armaan looked at Abhira.

"Ms. Kapoor, I do understand that I hurt your feelings and your low point, but the deposition’s agenda is to give you a glimpse of what will happen when you go to court."

"Ms. Kapoor, you are a gold medalist, you have worked with one of the top firms, and you have given 15 years of your life to your company with commendable results and output."

"Your leave record is perfect with no unnecessary absences. You deserve this position, but?"

"I am much younger than you, but for any girl or woman, being a mother is the most beautiful feeling. You fought cancer and, despite your mental and personal loss, your performance is impeccable."

"How many men do you think can do this?"

"Your promotion is well-deserved, not a consolation because you have no liabilities."

"In the deposition, I questioned you to prepare you for the courtroom. If I ask the same in a full court, what will you do? You are thinking about yourself, but I am thinking about the 100+ female staff who don’t even get a chance to prove themselves."

"Talking to you in this manner was not my personal choice; it’s my job, and I will not apologize for it."

"But let me fight for you and the other 14 ladies who have been given an opportunity not based on their capabilities but on the organization’s convenience."

"Allow me to earn your respect back. Because no matter whether you are a mom, wife, daughter, or anyone, we will only step down if we lack the skill set, not because society can label or objectify us."

Ms. Kapoor looked at Abhira with surprise and shock but also satisfaction. She realized this young girl, whom she intended to teach manners, was actually fighting for her respect.

Ms. Kapoor thanked Abhira and said she would take some time to think and get back to her.

Armaan looked at Abhira, and they both settled. Abhira looked at Armaan and said, "Armaan, you were saying something before Mrs. Kapoor came in."

Armaan said, "Abhira, I am very proud of you." Abhira gave him a confused look and said, "Thank you."

Armaan continued, "You are a very good lawyer, Abhira. What you did out there was great work. Intern Abhira has become lawyer Abhira."

Abhira gave him a smile. Deep down, she knew coming from him mattered a lot, as after her mother, Armaan was her other strongest pillar. She really respected Armaan as a lawyer after her mother.

She felt good and happy.

They ended their day with lots of chatting, dinner, and then went to sleep.

4o

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Beautifully written

Loved how abhira showed her true approach to the Mrs kapoor but also Armaan

Amazing

Excited to read more

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Awesome chapter!!