santa1234 thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

No joke, I feel like a celebrity since you mentioned me lololol

I really really really hope to see you back in this space soon <3 <3

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

PART FIFTEEN

Armaan stood at the bustling Delhi train station, silently observing as Abhira and the other interns bid farewell to the city. None of the others knew about his marriage to Abhira. But Abhira and Armaan had been accustomed to speaking without words by now.

As they parted ways, their eyes locked in a silent conversation, expressing emotions that eluded words. Abhira's eyes conveyed a blend of gratitude for Armaan's steadfast support and a hint of trepidation regarding the complexities of their relationship's future. She could not help but wonder about the boundaries of their connection. What did it even mean to be married as friends? She glimpsed in Armaan's eyes echoes of her own doubts and fears, tempered by a flicker of hope for a deeper connection beyond friendship. Armaan longed to mend the fractures of their past, to undo the pain they had endured and the obstacles that still loomed between them.

Once Abhira had settled back in Bangalore, a new element made its way into her daily routine - video calls with Armaan.

Day after day, they remained connected, their screens offering a glimpse into each other's worlds. Though they didn't always engage in conversation, the mere presence of the other served as a comforting anchor. As they went about their respective tasks, they shared snippets of their day, mundane details that bridged the gap between Delhi and Bangalore. They came to know each other better everyday, became closer everyday, their communication transcending the miles between them.

For over a year before that, they had navigated the depths of solitude, unaware of the full extent of their isolation. It was only through the constant communication they had now, the simple act of being there, albeit virtually, and of sharing their lives with each other, that they came to understand the sense of warmth and belonging that had been missing before. Despite the distance, they felt a sense of companionship, a reminder that they were not alone in their journeys.

Yet, a yearning lingered in the depths of their hearts as they couldn't shake the ache of longing for each other's physical presence. The realization of their shared loneliness struck them with a newfound poignancy, contrasting sharply with the comfort of their virtual bond.

Later that month, as they reunited in Udaipur for their divorce case hearing, they were met with a whirlwind of emotions. Seeing each other again stirred a sense of familiarity within them, as if no time had passed since their last encounter. Their continued communication had maintained a connection that bridged the physical distance between them, creating a semblance of continuity in their relationship. Yet, beneath the surface of familiarity, there lingered a profound sense of estrangement, as if they had been separated for centuries.

Abhira couldn't help but notice the changes in Armaan's appearance, that her tiny phone screen had failed to capture. For one, the dark circles beneath his eyes were not as prominent. It was a small detail, but one that spoke volumes. Armaan too did not miss the newfound buoyancy in Abhira's walk, and the delicate powdery fragrance that trailed behind her.

As they appeared before Justice Chopra in his chambers and informed him of their mutual decision to withdraw the divorce petition, the judge betrayed no sign of emotion, his expression remaining stoic and impartial. He listened attentively as they explained their choice, nodding in acknowledgment as he took note of their decision. However, as they prepared to leave, Justice Chopra offered them a parting piece of advice, his words carrying a weight of wisdom born from years of observing human relationships.

"Marriage," he began, his voice measured and deliberate, "is like a ship sailing through stormy seas. The couple must be a unified unit, steering together, shielding their relationship from the outside world." His words hung in the air, resonating with a timeless truth that echoed through the ages.

"And yet," he continued, his gaze piercing yet compassionate, "within the confines of this unity, each individual should be granted autonomy and respect. Each partner should be able to flourish while remaining deeply connected to the other. It's this balance that will guide you through every storm." His advice carried a profound depth, a guiding light amidst the complexities of their journey together.

The weight of his advice lingered in their minds as they left the judge's chambers. Yet, somehow, there was an unspoken understanding that with the foundation of friendship that they had built, navigating through life together would not be as difficult as it seemed.

"Lunch?" Armaan asked as they made their way to the gate.

Abhira nodded eagerly, a smile lighting up her face. "Dal baati churma! It's been so long!"

As they sat in the restaurant, enjoying their meal, Armaan looked up at Abhira. "So what are your plans after your final exams?" he inquired.

"I plan to enroll at the bar and take the bar exams"

"Which bar? Where are you planning to practise?"

Abhira felt a twinge of shyness, though she couldn't quite understand why. "Delhi," she said.

Armaan's eyes lit up with genuine joy, though he maintained his composure. "That's great!" he exclaimed.

Noting the faint flush on Abhira's cheeks, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. "Why the blush?" he teased.

Abhira's embarrassment only deepened, though she tried to brush it off. "I'm not blushing," she protested. "Delhi was always my dream, and mumma's too. That's the only reason," she added, hoping to divert attention from her flustered state.

Armaan chuckled softly, seeing through her facade. "You are definitely blushing, that little nose of yours is turning red" he insisted, leaning in towards her.

Armaan's gentle laughter filled the space between them as he playfully reached out and lightly touched her nose. His fingers lingered for a moment, with a tenderness that sent a rush of warmth through her.

Abhira's breath caught in her throat at the unexpected touch, her heart racing at the proximity between them. Armaan's next words only added to her inner turmoil.

"You'll be living with me," he stated matter-of-factly, his gaze intense.

Abhira hesitated, feeling a rush of conflicting emotions. In that moment, uncertainty warred with desire, her heart torn between the comfort of familiarity and the allure of the unknown.

"Do you not want to?" Armaan asked, concern flickering across his features.

Oh, she did want to. Her imagination was running wild, painting vivid pictures of their togetherness, overshadowing any lingering doubts or fears.

"It would be fine, I guess," Abhira replied nonchalantly, though her quickening heartbeats betrayed her true feelings.

Abhira had experienced moments of shyness in Armaan's proximity before, but this time felt different, more deliberate. There was a purposeful intent in Armaan's eyes, that had not been there before. She wondered if she was imagining it, reading too much into the situation. But she couldn't shake the memory of Armaan's heartfelt confession of love in Delhi.

"I look forward to it," Armaan smiled, his eyes burning into hers, so she was forced to look away.

"Abhira beta?" a familiar voice called, breaking her reverie.

Abhira turned. She was delighted to find that it was Parnanu!

Ruhi's Parnanu, she corrected herself quickly.

Manish Goenka, once exuding a vibrant aura of confidence, now bore the weight of his years on his shoulders. Deep lines etched across his forehead, betraying the burden of worries carried over time. His once bright eyes now held a weary strain, haunted by the weight of regret and the passage of time.

Armaan swiftly rose from his seat, extending a welcoming hand towards Manish, urging him to join them, gesturing towards the empty chair at their table.

"I won't be long," Manish said, his voice heavy, "I just wanted to apologize."

"I'm sorry for Ruhi's actions," he continued, "I could never have expected that she would stoop so low as to blackmail the Poddars and claim alimony from Rohit. Knowing full well that she had wronged Rohit, that she had entertained feelings for another man after her marriage..." His voice trailed off, as his eyes darted towards Armaan.

Armaan's eyes shifted away, his expression clouded with shame and guilt. Abhira, recalling the closeness once shared between Armaan and Ruhi, couldn't help but feel a sharp stab of pain.

Yet, despite the discomfort, Manish's words held a certain grace as he addressed Armaan directly. "I know, Armaan beta, that you did not mean to encourage her in her pursuit of you," he acknowledged, his voice tinged with understanding. "You made a mistake by not being forthright with her at the beginning. But when you realized that she was pinning her hopes on you and interfering far too much in your marriage with Abhira, you did break things off. Your family has told me everything."

"What's done is done," Manish continued, his tone somber. "But what Ruhi is doing now... is incomprehensible, unforgivable, and I bear the weight of responsibility... for the upbringing that I gave her."

"I'm sorry," Manish folded his hands, "For what she did to your marriage, for the pain she caused you both, especially you, Abhira. I have since learnt from your Manisha Chachi-sa, what all she did in her obsession for Armaan. It is all my fault for making her believe that she could always have her way. I did everything for Ruhi, whatever she asked for. For Ruhi's sake, I even drove out my granddaughter, Akshu, out of the house, with her young son, even though she was expecting a child at the time."

"And it was for Ruhi's sake, that I never contacted my Akshu," he admitted, his voice breaking up into pitiable sobs. "And when Akshu called me that day, after so many years... I did not even speak to her. I don't even know where she is, so that I can beg for her forgiveness. All this for Ruhi, who today has estranged herself from us completely, because we have been trying to reason with her."

The depth of his remorse was evident as he confronted the consequences of his choices, grappling with the realization of the irreparable damage caused by his indulgence of Ruhi's whims.

"Akshu...?" Abhira repeated weakly.

"My granddaughter," Manish said wistfully, his gaze distant, "The daughter of my son Kartik and his wife, Naira. Akshara Goenka... well, Sharma after her marriage to Abhinav jamaai-sa. Ruhi is the daughter of Akshu's half sister, Arohi."

Part Sixteen

Edited by whimsical - 5 months ago

Marvellous as expected. Thank you so much for giving this to us.

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Amazing 🤩

You did it again 👏

Love when armaan eyes lit up when abhira says Delhi and he confidently says she will be living with him. So wonderful to read the change in their relationship

Hmm I am curious to read on the revelation of abhira finding about her mom from Manish…how will abhira feel after that, i hope armaan will be there as overprotective partner

Very excited to read more

Edited by 8Lucky88 - 5 months ago
Juhi2020 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yay! You are back! I was suddenly visiting IF and saw this one.

Again another beautiful beautiful update. I loved how they took their time with their relation. I love the simplicity of it.

So now abhira knows about akshu! Will wait for the next update eagerly ❤️❤️

Nocturnal7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

You never....I repeat, absolutely never disappoint. Firstly, I am so glad that you found the courage and hope in your to continue this beautiful story that you have so gracefully threaded with your unmatched connection with words and emotions. You made me root for your version of Armaan, with the kind of repentance and remorse that you have managed to portray and in all honesty I am excited about their journey in your story. Abhira has always been a piece of my heart, and the way you have dealt with her trauma with such empathy and sensitivity... it's only possible for someone who feels a lot, and trust me anybody who feels that much, will have a beautiful life.

However, now that you have left us at a cliffhanger, I can't wait for the next update. I am so curious to see where this goes, and I am so glad Abhira wasn't alone when this revelation happened. I know you will pen down her emotions beautifully and I am looking forward to how Armaan managed to be there with her through all this. If it's convenient for you and doesn't hinder your train of thoughts, I would hope to see a panic situation, as in Abhira's mind going blank after hearing the truth that she just heard, and kind of in a zone that's worrisome for Armaan (hint hint: would love to see his soft protective side). Rest, I absolutely trust you as an author, you know the best!

P.s. I am a newbie so I can't tag people but I had really hoped you would read the last OS that I posted, titled "Twelve Sunflowers"🌻

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Yes!!! So happy to see your tag about an update. Welcome back!

Awesome chapter as always!

It was so cute to read about their video calls and the plan to live together in Delhi when Abhira moves in with him.

I am excited to read about the Delhi phase but uske pehle MG has dropped a bomb on Abhira- she's gonna be so shocked. But thankfully Armaam is there to handle her. Cant wait to see all the secrets tumbling out of the closet .

But i for one would want Abhira to keep MG at an arms distance.

Natasha0404 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

I have been reading this series from the beginning.Please update soon.And,don’t forget to tag me.

Milalal27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

smiley32smiley27smiley31

Word Count: 0

SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I am so glad you decided to continue with this story.

I only come to this forum to read the written updates and to read your story so thank you so much for giving us this version of Arman and Abhira.

I loved the update, your words paint an absolutely amazing pictures in my mind and makes my day after reading about the current track of the show.

Can't wait for the next update.