Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 months ago

Sorry I have not been updating or even writing lately.

Some of the feedback I received on the last chapter was disheartening.. and the thing is, I write with my heart so if the heart's not in it, then how do I write?

I don't mind criticism as long as it's constructive. At the beginning of the story, there were many concerns that Armaan might be unredeemable. I took every single word into account and did my best to address all the concerns so that none of the readers would be disappointed. I made Abhira stronger, Armaan more remorseful. This feedback made the story a million times better than it would have been otherwise.

But I don't know what to do with feedback that my writing is tedious to read. My style is based on what I like to read. I like to be immersed in the environment, the mood, as the plot moves forward. As I write, I read and rewrite, and read again, and live every word, even going to the extent of enacting the dialogues :P So it has to be something I'd like to read, right?

An earlier comment had referred to my story as "slow burn" - I loved that characterisation! That's exactly what it is. Some people like it, some people don't - that's fine.

The comment in question also said that if that's my writing style then that's okay, it's just this person's opinion and they mean no hate. Fair enough. But then why comment? Why not just choose to read something else? Our forum is filled with so much creativity, so many lovely stories...

So I have been in a dilemma since the other day. Seeing as I take every single word of feedback seriously, does this mean I should change my writing style based on the opinion of a person who had the choice whether to continue reading or not, whether to write a hurtful comment or not?

I am truly very grateful for all the other comments that I received. And it's not like the one negative comment overshadows the other comments.. I tend to overthink and go into a dark space sometimes, so I did wonder if others feel the same way and are too polite to say it. But I realized that I was being unfair to people who have been so kind towards me.

I have struggled with this decision a lot.

But being in the mind space that I am.. not sure if I can continue for the time being. And I honestly don't know if I'll come back to this, because it does not give me a happy feeling anymore to revisit this. So if anyone else (@Nocturnal7?) would like to continue the story, that would be lovely!

Or, seeing as we didn't exactly end on a cliffhanger for once, and their relationship is definitely on the mend and going towards a positive place, we could make this the ending! And everyone can imagine the rest - aage ka safar.. No piece of writing can beat your imagination.

I genuinely love you all and I am truly grateful to you for sticking around for so long and for having been so encouraging throughout ❤

And to those who were so eagerly waiting for the story to move ahead, I'm sorry. I hope you will forgive me. I'm human too.

Ps. No hate towards anyone. Just be careful about what you post online. To the person in question, I know you didn't mean any harm, but some people are just more sensitive than others. That being said, we all make mistakes, it's fine. All is forgiven from my end.

Edited by whimsical - 5 months ago

Hey girl! You’ve been posting some amazing content here. Me and a couple of my other friends haven’t been active here over a month, but we all read your story and love it. We rave about it in X and soooo many people read your story.

You are the writer. You are the owner. And you know what you’re producing. Don’t let hate comments get to you. I know it’s easier said… cus it feels horrible when random strangers say negative things.

But I wish you best and I want you to know, your writing style was terrific and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your content! Hope this makes you feel a tad bit better!

Love,

Internet stranger!

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: bluech96

Hey girl! You’ve been posting some amazing content here. Me and a couple of my other friends haven’t been active here over a month, but we all read your story and love it. We rave about it in X and soooo many people read your story.

You are the writer. You are the owner. And you know what you’re producing. Don’t let hate comments get to you. I know it’s easier said… cus it feels horrible when random strangers say negative things.

But I wish you best and I want you to know, your writing style was terrific and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your content! Hope this makes you feel a tad bit better!

Love,

Internet stranger!

I love you! Thank you smiley31

Nocturnal7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I am humbled by the fact that you consider me to be capable of continuing the artwork that you have created with your writing. The way you write is so exceptional. As a writer myself, I see your writing style as something so emotionally intricate. There is something so poignant and beautiful about the fact that you feel your characters' emotions so deeply that you find the requirement to describe them with such honest depth. I do understand where you are coming from. But you...have created this beautiful space with your story, something only you are capable of continuing. I will never be able to do what you have done. You are a magician with your words and your vocabulary and I have enjoyed every single word that you have written. And you don't have to apologise, I do hope you will find the joy in continuing the story, but even if you are unable to, I hope you know you have made us all so happy with your writing. You are an amazing writer and always remember that❤️

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I saw this coming when I read that post :(

I feared you didn't give your usual daily update because you must have been disappointed and sadly i was right.

But loyal readers like me love your writing and wait for you to update. And I will be very disheartened if you abandon this story.

Please take all the time you need and come back to finish this.

I know its difficult to take the negative feedback especially when you put your heart and soul into writing and it will take time to shed it off. I used to write FFs earlier on a different forum pertaining another show myself. but I barely got any comments so I stopped writing. So i know that it feels deeply personal when people say negative things or dont comment/like. by the time I got over it and wanted to get back to writing for my own sake, I got disillusioned with the show and stopped watching it altogether.

Ultimately this is YOUR fanfic. Its what YOU would like to see happening and its written in YOUR words. Us readers can suggest things but its YOUR story and you should tell it the way you like. Simple!

Please be back soon. ❤️

I am gonna be so upset if this story is left incomplete.

Edited by Pinecone - 5 months ago

I am sorry I was so lazy yesterday that even though I wanted to write a response I did not do it. I loved your latest chapter and wanted to specifically say that your in depth writing style is what makes the story so enjoyable. In order to understand the intricate thoughts of the characters and why they are saying or doing something, there can be no other better way than explaining the details as you do. Your writing is a masterpiece please do not deprive us from the stories. And also please understand that not everyone thinks similarly. Some readers care more about what is going on with the plot and loves to rush through it and they are not fond of good literature and that is also fine as everyone has different likings. At the end I actually was going to ask you how you want to carry the story forward as your last chapter seems to have already brought Armaan and Abhira together. I would not have minded to read a couple of chapters more before they reached this united decision.Please please carry on your writing.

Edited by Aashiqanafan - 5 months ago
santa1234 thumbnail

Dear Author,

I'm sorry I never commented on your piece. Just got my friend's VPN to write this since IndiaForums login wasn't available in my country (which is weird since I could read all of the content, etc. w/o logging in?).

Anyway, just signed up to say that I am quite disheartened to know that you will be discontinuing Safarnaama. I have been reading the story since you started, and I have been in awe with your writing style and the way you penned Armaan and Abhira's relationship so beautifully. I am SO invested.

Your writing is a respite from studying the whole day. I always look forward to when I am tucked in bed and can read what happened next.

I am sorry for the negative feedback you received, and I can understand that these little comments can tarnish all the motivation you have, since I suffer from anxiety.

I'd just like for you to know that I hope one day you continue the story and we'll be here, rooting for your version of AbhiMaan, since the actual ones aren't making me very happy rn.

Good luck!

CaptDeadpool007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Dil tod diya smiley28smiley28

But I wish you well for the future and hope you will overcome this brillantly and come back sooner. Don't let negative thoughts get onto you.

Each chapter had their own significance and meaning, kudos to the work.

Like some said above your story, you write it the way you like irrespective of readers suggestions.

We are here to read the story in your pov.

You are amazing and passionate at writing remember that.

Gags05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Team Neutrals

You write really well..

The maturity and growth of your characters is far far better than what they are really showing.. This is how ideally Armaan and Abhira should resolve their conflicts and move on...

Chapter 14 is an ending in its own.. But if you still feel that there's some story left in you for this one... Do write.. There are so many here, who are really appreciating your writing.. smiley31

P.S - Also nice dp 😊

Milalal27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Y forgot to tag me, y must be busy.

Do take care and take it easy.

Your words are smiley31