Fan Creations

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Nice update

Ruhi is such a villain and finally poddars can see her true self

Armaan realized his value in his family

Please update soon

Shamitashah1001 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

I am in awe if your writing....such deep meaningful words that make a great impact on the reader's mind to see the depth of the characters real feelings...aur itne bhaari angrezi shabd....meri vocabulary better hone lag gyi.....please make them meet soon in the office 😁

arshisimple thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Part 9: another amazing piece!!! I loved the whole chapter so much!! It was great to see finally Armaan using his brain!!! He is thinking rationally now about him, his past with his so called family and Abhira!! He finally realized what was the core problem of his family!! The torture he had to endure and Abhira too!! I love your writing style and you are outdoing yourself with each part👏👏👏

CaptDeadpool007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Whay a chapter 👏😍

Armaan realising the impact of his actions and him staying mute when his coward family were pounding on poor abhira for no reason.

Excited for next part

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thank you all so much for the feedback smiley27

@8Lucky88 - That's a great idea, thanks! I'll see if I can incorporate the chorus gang at some point!

@Nocturnal7 - You're right, he isn't fully where he needs to be yet. It's a process, I guess.

The realization of how badly his family treated Abhira is quite momentous from his perspective, because throughout his life he has been completely devoted to his family and conditioned to believe that he needs to be grateful to them and live up to their expectations, even if it means stifling himself in the process.

The only way for him to realize how dysfunctional this whole situation was, could only come from him seeing things from Abhira's perspective. When he himself was ill-treated, he accepted it and it only pushed him to do more to please them and conform to their expectations, because he never thought too highly of himself (again, conditioning). But he thinks too highly of Abhira to try to justify that she deserved to be treated so badly.

As for the realization of the part that he too played in her emotional abuse, he will get there too. To be fair though, given his feelings for his family, he did try to protect her. For someone like him, standing up to people like Dadisa and Phuphasa, at the time, was quite something! (Albeit, not enough).

@Pinecone - Indeed. It was high time really!

@Milalal27 -

Although I did not want a completely villainous Ruhi, I think it would make sense, in terms of her character graph on the show, for her rejection by Armaan to push her into further bitterness. The fact that Rohit too would seek a divorce, would make her a woman doubly scorned, and you know what they said about a woman scorned. Her demand for alimony also seems to me to be in tune with her general personality of wanting to be cared for by others, and having their lives revolve around her. Sadly, she does not seem to possess (at least not in this short story), the sense of self-respect and drive for independence that Abhira has.

No, Abhira does not know yet about the Goenkas. I thought introducing that thread at this point would complicate the story unnecessarily. The equation between Abhira and Armaan is quite complex and layered as it is. I am not sure if I will go in that direction, will see.

And no, she is not in touch with any of the Poddars. Not even Charu, who still works at the same firm. Dev Shekhawat has been true to his word to respect her privacy and did not inform anyone that she was now at the Bangalore office.

@Aashiqanafan - That's very kind, thank you! I will do my best!

@arshisimple - I love the fact that even though you might miss an update, you make it a point to post a detailed comment on it. Always look forward to what you have to say!

@Gurveen - Yes, finally!

@Shamitashah1001 - Haha, you're so sweet! Your comment brought a huge smile to my face!

Part Nine was going to be them meeting in Delhi but I felt this little filler-type episode was important to show some more growth on Armaan's side. Will write about them meeting in Delhi soon.

@CaptDeadpool007 - Thanks! Hope to live up to your expectations!

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Eagerly waiting for next part where they meet in professional setting.

Pinecone thumbnail

Aaj ka update kab ayega? smiley42

whimsical thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Aaj ka update kab ayega? smiley42

Abhi smiley4

Word Count: 1

whimsical thumbnail

PART TEN

The cacophony of Delhi hit Abhira as soon as she stepped off the train. The bustling platform, the haggling vendors, the swarm of people moving with a purpose— it was still overwhelming for someone who had grown up in a sleepy mountain town like Mussorie. She felt a knot tighten in her chest.

Accompanied by her classmates Kartik, Vedang, and Saadiya, she tried to keep her composure. Their excited chatter about their placement as interns at the legal aid office in Delhi seemed distant to her, like background noise she couldn't quite tune out.

As they made their way through the crowded streets in a packed taxi, Abhira couldn't shake the sense of déjà vu that washed over her. Delhi was supposed to be a city of dreams, a place she had envisioned exploring with her mother by her side. Dreams that had been so cruelly shattered by a twist of fate.

The weight of her mother's loss settled heavily on Abhira's shoulders. She felt, more than ever before, a pang of longing for her mother's guidance, her reassuring presence that had always been a source of strength. Despite her best efforts to suppress them, Abhira's emotions threatened to overwhelm her. The weight of her mother's absence bore down on her, a heavy burden that seemed impossible to bear. She longed for just one more moment with her, one more chance to feel her reassuring presence by her side. But the cruel reality of her mother's untimely death loomed large, a harsh reminder of all that had been lost.

"Abhira?" a concerned voice next to her. It was Kartik. Abhira had not realized that her eyes were teary. She quickly composed herself, masking her vulnerability behind her well-practised stoic facade.

"Pollution," Abhira muttered, her voice devoid of any emotion.

She recognized the kindness in his voice, in his eyes, but remained resolute in her decision to keep others at arm's length. The wounds inflicted by her past ran deep, leaving behind scars that served as a constant reminder of the pain she had endured. The thought of allowing someone else, even momentarily, into her inner world, of exposing her vulnerabilities once again, filled Abhira with a sense of dread. She had learned the hard way that relying on someone else for her happiness and well-being only led to disappointment and heartache.

Independence was her shield—a shield she wielded fiercely to protect herself from further harm. And so, she remained steadfast in her resolve to stand alone, determined to carve out her own path.

Kartik seemed to understand as he didn't press her further. His face broke into a grin.

"You don't have to cry, man," Kartik quipped, "I won't kick your butt too hard, don't worry."

"It's community service," Abhira retorted, "Not a competition."

"I am just the best at everything," he shrugged, making Abhira roll her eyes at him before she looked away.

Abira's mind wandered over to Armaan once again. She had not stopped thinking of him after their encounter at the courthouse. She remembered the moment when she had allowed herself to lower her defenses and reveal her inner turmoil to him. Strangely, she did not feel shame that she had broken into tears in front of him. Instead, she remembered the flicker of solace, the fleeting sense of connection that had momentarily eased the ache in her heart.

Despite the pain he had caused, Abhira couldn't deny the sincerity in Armaan's remorseful gaze, the genuine regret that colored his every word and gesture. She had appreciated the fact that he respected the boundaries she had drawn around herself, that he was willing to give her the space she needed to heal at her own pace. But although a part of her longed to forgive and forget, to bury the past and rebuild a semblance of friendship with him, she knew deep down that she wasn't yet ready to take that leap of faith.

Abhira remained caught between the desire to move forward and the fear of revisiting the pain of the past, for fear of history repeating itself — a delicate balance she struggled to maintain as she navigated the complexities of her fractured heart.

She took a deep breath. She had come to Delhi with a purpose and her ambition burned bright within her, a fierce determination to succeed despite the pain that threatened to consume her. With each step she took as she got down from the taxi, Abhira pushed aside her emotions, burying them beneath a façade of steely resolve. She would not allow herself to be vulnerable, to let anyone see the cracks in her armor. Her dreams were all that mattered now.

As they reached the legal aid office, Abhira's heart fluttered with trepidation.

The office exuded an air of quiet urgency, its cramped confines filled with the muted hum of whispered conversations and the shuffling of papers. The space was small, almost claustrophobic, with stacks of files teetering precariously on desks and overflowing onto the worn linoleum floor. Sunlight filtered through grimy windows, casting a soft glow on the scene below, highlighting the dust motes dancing in the air.

Despite its slightly decrepit appearance, the office buzzed with activity. There were only a handful of lawyers and paralegals, but they moved with purpose, their faces etched with determination as they navigated the sea of paperwork that cluttered every available surface, and advised the clients, their voices soothing and reassuring.

The clients themselves were a study in contrasts, their faces a tapestry of emotions — hope mingled with worry, determination tempered by fear. The ones who were waiting for their turn sat huddled in chairs, their weary eyes scanning the room for signs of progress, their hands clutching tightly to tattered folders. Despite the weight of their burdens, there was a glimmer of resilience in their gaze, a quiet determination to fight for justice in a world that often seemed stacked against them.

There was palpable sense of purpose that permeated the air. It was a place where the underprivileged found solace, where the downtrodden were given a voice, and where the wheels of justice turned slowly but inexorably forward. And amidst the chaos and clutter, there was a flicker of hope—a belief that, with enough perseverance and determination, even the most daunting obstacles could be overcome.

Abhira felt a rare smile tug at the corners of her lips — a fleeting expression of admiration for the tireless dedication of the people who worked there for a meagre income. Despite the challenges that they faced and the limited resources at their disposal, she could sense that they remained steadfast in their commitment to serving those in need, their unwavering resolve a beacon of hope in a world too often plagued by injustice.

In that moment, Abhira felt a stirring within her — a desire to contribute to the cause. It wasn't just about fulfilling her community service requirement of her degree, or bolstering her resume; it was about becoming a better lawyer, about honing her craft in service of something greater than herself.

Just as her mother had done.

As Abhira and her classmates walked into the office of Mr Qureshi, the head of the legal aid clinic, she couldn't help but notice the weariness etched into the lines of his face. His eyes, though tired, still held a glimmer of determination, a testament to the countless hours he had dedicated to the cause he believed in.

Despite the fatigue that seemed to weigh heavily upon him, there was an undeniable sense of satisfaction in Mr Qureshi's demeanor—a quiet pride in the work that had been accomplished and the lives that had been touched.

"Please, make yourselves at home," Mr Qureshi said, his voice tinged with warmth as he gestured for them to take a seat. "I know it's not much, but we do what we can with what we have. And with your help, I have no doubt that we will be able to make a greater impact."

He went on to outline the structure of their internship, explaining that each of them would have the opportunity to shadow one of the experienced lawyers at the clinic for a week, and they would be rotated to someone else the following week. His words were met with a ripple of anticipation among the students, who exchanged eager glances with each other.

"As you shadow our lawyers, you will have the chance to witness the impact of our work firsthand," Mr Qureshi continued, his eyes alight with passion. "You will learn not only the intricacies of the legal system but also the importance of empathy, compassion, and advocacy in championing the rights of the marginalized."

Abhira listened intently, her determination to make a difference burning brighter with each word Mr Qureshi spoke.

"Ah, AP!" Mr Qureshi greeted as the door swung open, revealing a figure that caused Abhira to snap her head up in surprise. It was Armaan.

"This is AP, one of our finest lawyers."

Abhira's eyes widened in shock as she beheld the sight of Armaan standing there, his once impeccably tailored suit now replaced by a more modest attire, a simple white shirt with navy blue trousers, befitting the setting. She couldn't help but feel a pang of disbelief on seeing him, the man who had once been a partner in Poddar & Poddar Associates, now standing before her in the humble surroundings of the legal aid clinic.

It was hard to believe that this was the same man who had once worked in a sleek corporate office, his name emblazoned on the door of a corner office overlooking the city skyline, a rising star in the legal world, navigating complex cases for high net-worth clients involving crores of rupees, commanding respect and admiration from peers and clients alike.

The contrast between the life he had once led and the life he seemed to have chosen for himself now was stark. Gone were the trappings of wealth and privilege, replaced instead by a quiet humility and a sense of purpose that spoke volumes. And as Abhira grappled with the shock of seeing Armaan in this new light, as a new man, she couldn't help but wonder what had led him to this place, to forsake the comforts of his former life.

As he caught Abhira's gaze, Armaan's breath caught in his throat. He remained silent, but his eyes lit up with a warmth that spoke volumes, a silent testament to the emotions that welled up within him at the unexpected reunion.

"AP will be one of your mentors," Mr Qureshi continued.

Catching on to the silent exchange between Abhira and Armaan, he announced, turning to Abhira, "Perhaps, you, Miss, would like to shadow AP this week?"

Armaan looked at her uncertainly, but to his surprise, and to hers as well, she nodded with a small smile.

Part Eleven

Edited by whimsical - 5 months ago
Pinecone thumbnail

Not fair . You left us hanging. Needed to read more ..

This chapter ended too quickly, lol.

Edited by Pinecone - 5 months ago