Cinema got me fame"Vibha Chibber

Anashah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
language=javascript src="http://www.tellywatch.com/Script/Stargazetitle.js"> TV STAR TRAIL

"Cinema got me fame" says the versatile Vibha Chibber
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jul 07, 2008, Bangalore

She played the assistant coach to Shah Rukh Khan in Chak De, which was a blockbuster hit and now is portraying the role of a prejudiced mother Kaushalya in Bidaai. It is none other than Vibha Chibber that we are talking about who has come a long way. In a candid chat with Vidhya Krishnan, Vibha talks about her experience in theater, cinema, direction, upcoming projects and more…

A rewind…
Actually my theatre experience is very vast which I am doing for the past 25 years. I played an assistant coach in Chak De India, which I admit has got me fame.

Currently working…
For TV I am playing Kaushalya in Bidaai. I am doing a couple of movies, one with Ram Gopal Verma and another in Ghajini. And I am also doing theater simultaneously.

In the pipeline….
I will be a part of a dance reality show (the name is not yet confirmed). And as far as movies are concerned I will be a part of Leena Yadav's "Teen Path" and Amitabh Bachchan starrer "Contract". For theatre, I will be directing a play and coach students on acting skills.

Theater or Cinema or TV…
Since I have worked for theatre for 25 years, I consider it as my soul and I enjoy theatre a lot but I can't say that I don't enjoy the other two. I personally enjoy films too. You really cannot compare because the medium is different and the work, attitude differ. TV and cinema have huge audience and initially when I started with TV, I was a little uncomfortable because of the work pattern but now I am in the groove. For a daily soap, shooting will happen regularly and you are uncertain about the storyline. Whereas it is not the case with cinema and I have got substantial roles and still continuing to get. I got fame because of cinema but of course the medium is such. Theatre has limited audience; I have been working for theatre for a long time and only after I started working in films that people have started recognizing me. But I am very comfortable with theatre.

Reality shows…
I love it! And I will be a part of a dance reality show, which I have been awaiting for. I love dancing and have learnt Kathak. I personally cannot stick to doing the same stuff but always go hunting for change; that is very essential for me to keep myself going

As for the reality show, I am learning dance and building on my stamina.

The balancing act…
I set a time-table for myself and strictly stick to it. I have been used to it from the beginning and that is how I plan my lifestyle. It is always good to be occupied and experiment on various things. I take my weekly off on Sundays and once a year, I go on a vacation.

When I'm not working…
I listen to music and watch movies. I also like to spend a lot of quality time with my family especially my two kids who keep me very busy. I also read the newspaper regularly but I don't prefer watching TV.

If not an actor, I would be…
An athlete. I was into sports when in school.

Dream role…
I do not have any specific dream role as such but like taking up different kind of roles, which of course I have been getting. I like to work with different people and when it comes to working, the sky's the limit.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thnkz she lookz pretty in the pic
prettylady thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
oh wow i want to see her dance... i can't imagine it!
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wanna see her dance...she is a talented actress