Zeba Bhaktiyar's son Azaan aims to be a f

Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Zeba Bhaktiyar's son Azaan aims to be a filmmaker

Panaji (PTI): Azaan Khan Bhaktiyar, the 14-year-old son of Pakistani television producer-director Zeba Bhaktiyar aims to be a filmmaker and contribute his might to revive the film industry in his country.

Azaan's short film 'Meri Kahani' was screened at the closing ceremony of the South Asian Film Festival(SAFF) here on Monday.

Talking to reporters here, Azaan said he focusses on the problems faced by his generation in Pakistan. "we have forgotten our culture, religion, values and morals while aping the West. The film is about my view on how parents behaviour to earn money through wrong means affect children," he added.

Azaan has written, directed and edited the 40-minute film. He has also sung two songs and acted in it. He said his mother has produced his debut short film.

"Having seen my mother in the profession since a young age, I was in two minds whether I would want to take up film making. I decided to make this film and also portray what I strongly feel about," he said.

Azaan said he has made up his mind to persue filmmaking as a profession. A student of standard ten, Azaan plans to take up filmmaking as his subject for higher studies.

He said he has been editing his mother's television dramas since the last four years.

Azaan who looks like his father singer-music composer Adnan Sami, said he lives in Karachi with his mother.

"My mother has been a great source of strength," he added.

Azaan said he shot 'Meri Kahani' in and around Karachi in June.

"I am planning a worldwide release of the film in July-August", he said.

He said television was more vibrant and popular in Pakistan than the film industry. "efforts are being made to revive it and I want to be one of the contributors when I grow up," he said.

Azaan said his friends were not surprised about his decision to direct a film because they always knew about his passion.

When asked whether there were film institutes in Pakistan, Azaan replied, "I am aware that there is atleast one Institute in the country."

Speaking about his ambitions, Azaan said he was happy that his debut film will see the light of the day. "But I am scared. I do not want people's expectations to be too high....what if I make a mistake.....", he wondered.

'Meri Kahani' is an English and Urdu language film, Azaan said. Azaan who is on his first visit to India lauded the SAFF initiative of 'dissolving boundaries'.

"I do not think people of my age need to be told that the need of the hour is to dissolve boundaries. We understand that war is no solution and we have to live together. I applaud the efforts of the South Asia Foundation to bring people from the region together," he said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nazeeei thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

thanx for the article.

par kisi ne azan khan ko dekha hai..

Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
haan mein ne Dekha hai
ek baar Masala Tv per aya tha Shai ke programme mein 😊
irtaza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
haan yaar mainay bhi dekha hai i think mothers day par woh apni mom kay sath dr.shaista kay program main aya tha uss ko dekh kar hi sab bata saktay hain kay woh adnan sami kaa beta hai ussi ki terha fati boy hai 😆 😆 aisa lagta hai jaisay adnan sami hi ho

oh thanx for the artical
nazeeei thumbnail

Originally posted by: irtaza

haan yaar mainay bhi dekha hai i think mothers day par woh apni mom kay sath dr.shaista kay program main aya tha uss ko dekh kar hi sab bata saktay hain kay woh adnan sami kaa beta hai ussi ki terha fati boy hai 😆 😆 aisa lagta hai jaisay adnan sami hi ho

oh thanx for the artical

acha maine nai dekha aur tumare paas agar pics ho to mujhe zaroor dikhana 😃

irtaza thumbnail
yaar nazie itna haseen tu hai nahin kay main uss ki pic rakhti 😕 😆 ok i will try to find some pics of Azan
Edited by irtaza - 16 years ago
irtaza thumbnail

here is azan naziee yaar iss main thora cute bhi lag raha hai aur yeh thory old pic hai abh tu kafi bara ho gaya hai 😉
nazeeei thumbnail

Originally posted by: irtaza

here is azan naziee yaar iss main thora cute bhi lag raha hai aur yeh thory old pic hai abh tu kafi bara ho gaya hai 😉

thanx yaar itna bhi bura nai bas thora zyada mota hai😊

ahada thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yea he is not ugly, its just that he is fat as his father. he does look exactly like his father. i think being fat is in their jeens as Adnan got so fat that doctor said he will die if he doesn't lose weight. Adnan lost weight and i think he looks cute know but he needs to lose more weight. i just hope Azaan starts losing weight by know so when he gets in his 20s he looks hadsome.