article:And the much in love couple retor

Anashah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
TV STAR TRAIL

'And the much in love couple retort back'
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jun 30, 2008, Bangalore

Two sides to a coin is the thumb rule of journalism. And earlier in the day, we had reported feisty Madhura's famous words, "I don't scare easily, so Ali and his new found love can take their threats elsewhere!" We got cracking on unraveling the mystery behind the threats and decided to get our fingers into the pie.

We caught up with the much-in-love- couple, Ali Merchant and Sara, to unveil the facts based on what we heard from Madhura Naik. And the puzzled couple said…

Ali Merchant

I really don't understand what is being cooked up. Let me make things clear, I am in this industry much before Madhura stepped in. We met 2-3 years back and were good friends and as a friend, I referred her to play a role in 'Amber- Dhara' but however she has come on her own after that and I don't deny that. Why should I threaten her? I have my own commitments and I don't even have the time to catch up with my friends. So when there are enough and more things to keep me busy, for what joy will I get into doing such things?

Ask anyone, and they will tell you about her. She is doing this purely to gain publicity at my cost. And she is also very jealous of my relationship with Sara but I consider her and the story that she is cooking up to be SMALL to cause any strain in our relationship. I have asked Sara not to bother and be professional about it. Anyways it won't make a difference because we may tie the knot within a year or two from now and nothing can shake this beautiful strong relationship that we have.

You can check with anybody but the fact is that. I play the lead in two serials and I don't need any publicity!
But Madhura clearly does need the attention and the publicity. She was just an acquaintance to me and she is generally not so friendly with anybody. Pure jealousy, attention seeking tactics – call it by any name, it is an under hand move by Madhura and it reflects very poorly on her character.

Sara Khan

What! Are you serious! Jeez, this is the first time I'm hearing this. Madhura and I are very good friends and it is strange to hear such things. However she has told me several times to be careful about my relationship with Ali and I have asked her not to interfere in these matters. I wish not to comment on this matter any further because nothing is true and there is no use talking about it.

So each one has a different story, but what the REAL TRUTH is, is a million dollar question? Publicity gimmick or truly a divide between colleagues caught up in the love-lust triangle…either or, it's a good way to kick start the week!

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_Features/