Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

secretz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
In the painting the black one is Ram but somewhere he is shown the shyam rang or the blue colour,But i want a clear theory of his colour.
_rajnish_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nidhz1

Sugreev does marry Taramati-wife of Vaali out of mis-understanding when Vaali was away and also he marries her after Vaali dies. It was a custom among Vanars, not just that even ancient vedic people followed this custom of marrying a widowed girl to her brother -in-law.

yah u r right nidhi .this custom is being followed even 2day by some caste especially Brahmans. in bihar the rural ppl even marry mature widow to her minor brother in law.
_rajnish_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: secretz

In the painting the black one is Ram but somewhere he is shown the shyam rang or the blue colour,But i want a clear theory of his colour.

ram was of shyam color neither black nor blue. vishnuji is of blue color.
_rajnish_ thumbnail

The Vaali-vadha episode has some very deep meaning attached to it. Ram doesn't kill Vaali just becoz Vaali had abused Sugriv's wife Ruma but because he had allowed crimes to take place in his kingdom.

Vaali while questioning Ram's authority of killing him says that" Had Ram approached Vaali, he could have got Maithili/Sita in one day"?
Now when he says this, it clearly shows he's saying this as a last minute repentances which he would not have done at all if he were alive and alright.
and secondly the question comes is that 'why did he stop Ravan when he was carrying away Sita?? Ravan carries away Sita passing through Vaali's kingdom-Kiskindha, thus Ravan had violated the code of 'air-raiding' other kingdoms over which he did not have authority specially when Ravan was defeated by Vaali in a fair combat. Vali is well aware of the fact about who is Sita and that she was being abducted by Ravan. Why doesn't he stop Ravan when he is carrying away Sita, why should he wait for Ram to ask him for help?? Wasn't he the sovereign ruler of Kishkindha?? Wasn't that his prime duty to stop a crime specially when he was aware of this? That is one of the main reason why Ram punishes him because Vaali had allowed a crime to happen when it could have been stopped.

Next thing is that, How was Sugriv to get justice?? Who would give him that??Vali had mis-used his powers. He being a protector of hs people and of his brother Sugriv, what will happen of the victims if the protector them self abuse their own dependants? We have been seeing that from ages a common man is a victim to its ruler/gov't ,in such cases how is justice to be obtained and from whom-this was the same case of Sugriv and therefore Ram had to intervene even though he did not have any direct enmity with Vali and thus killed him in an indirect manner.

ya u r right nidhi. vali had done so many crime that he should be punished. when he was asking questions to ram about his crime ram said that one who has done wrongs to his daughter , younger brother's wife , bhagni and sister is worth of killing. killer of such ppl suffers no guilty. though ram has got authority from bharat to take care of vans but if this would not had been then also ram killing of vali in this way is not a crime. when vali started to ask ram that was the way of his killing was acc to dharm and which maryada does ram followed by killing him in this way then ram reminded him that the one who himself doesn't followed dharm in his whole life is giving dharm lecture during his last breath. Ram said "O bali ur crimes has made u even worse than forest innocent animals like deer and i being a representative of bharat have all right to hunt u"
At last vali was so much satisfied that he fell on sugreev feet and started to ask forgiveness. Ram then soothed him by saying one's a person is punished 4 his crime then he becomes dosh-mukt(guilty less). bali being punished has became free of all of his crimes. then ram asks hanuman to call raj-vaidh for vali's treatment but vali stopped him saying every one has to die on day but this kind of death only few fortunate person receives. sri ram is so kind that in spite of his so much crime has opened 4 him the gate of salvation by killing him 4rm his own hand.
At last moment he gives his invincible neck ornament 2 sugreev and ask him 2 take care of angad as his own son. and then ask sri ram 2 accept angad as his devotee and ask angad 2 to never to treat ram as his father slater and devote his whole life 4 his service. after speaking these words he dies with sri ram as his last word
Edited by rajnish_here - 16 years ago
coolpurvi thumbnail
Thanks Rajnish n Nidhi. These r my fav chapters from this kand. Baali deserved that. Before dying he repents for his sins n asks sugriv to take care of angada as his own son and also aska angada to help Rama in his mission. Though he was a sinner yet there r some great qualities in him. His greatness reflects from his last word which he uttered before dying. His ANTIM SANSKAR was done by Ram

Though Hindu marriage r sacrament n considered as indissoluble even after death yet remarriage was allowed to women under certain circumstances in Vedic age. Narada n Parasar mention circumstances in which a women may abandon her husband an marry another ---when husband is missing for long time or he is impotent or become outcaste women can remarry

Do u know Sita n Tara r some way sisters. Both of them appeared from Churning of of the ocean. Sita is incarnation of Laxmi.
Edited by coolpurvi - 16 years ago
Nidhz1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolpurvi

Thanks Rajnish n Nidhi. These r my fav chapters from this kand. Baali deserved that. Before dying he repents for his sins n asks sugriv to take care of angada as his own son and also aska angada to help Rama in his mission. Though he was a sinner yet there r some great qualities in him. His greatness reflects from his last word which he uttered before dying. His ANTIM SANSKAR was done by Ram

Though Hindu marriage r sacrament n considered as indissoluble even after death yet remarriage was allowed to women under certain circumstances in Vedic age. Narada n Parasar mention circumstances in which a women may abandon her husband an marry another ---when husband is missing for long time or he is impotent or become outcaste women can remarry

Do u know Sita n Tara r some way sisters. Both of them appeared from Churning of of the ocean. Sita is incarnation of Laxmi.

Yes coolpurvi I've heard the story that Taramati emerged from churning of ocean but have failed to find any mention from the written versions of Samudra-Manthan also watched videos of serials showing Samudra Manthan but none have mentioned about Tara's appearance 😕 I also have the sanskrit version of Samudra Manthan but that even doesn't mention about Taramati
Below is the sanskrit version:
LakshmiHi KaustubhamaNi, Parijatak-SuRa,dhanvantari chandramaH
GavaH KamdrumaH SUreshwarogajo Rambhadi devangaNaH
AshwaH SaptamukhaH Visham Haridhanu,Shankoamrutam ChambudhEH
RatnaniH Chaturdasham pratidinu kurvantu Vo mangalam.

The fourteen jewels obtained from Samudra-Manthana(Churning of ocean) are listed below. These jewels obtained were to do good for all.

1 Lakshmi-goddess of wealth(Abundance)
2 Kaustubha maNi- A very rare and huge jewel which adorns the chest of lord Vishnu
3 Parijata tree-Nyctanthes arbor-tristis
4 SuRa- goddess of wine
5 Dhanvantari-divine physician (Ayurveda ?)
6 Moon
7 Kamadhenu cow (wish fulfilling)
8 Kalpa-vrikha-coconut tree
9 Airavata-Mount of Indra, a mammoth
10 Rambha and other Apsaras(beauty)
11 Uchaishrava-one horned horse- Bali-the king of daityas claims its possession.
12 Shankha-Panchjanya(?) conch of lord Vishnu
13 Hala hala-Poison,drank by lord Shiva and was stopped in his throat,thus turning it blue. Shiva is called Neela-KanTha-blue throated one. This marked the beginning of 'Shiv-Ratri' festival
14 Amruta-elixir of immortality -Salt (?)

@ coolpurvi: Do u know, in which version of Samudra manthan mentions Tara to have emerged from it???
_rajnish_ thumbnail

@ coolpurvi: Do u know, in which version of Samudra manthan mentions Tara to have emerged from it???

yah i also want 2 know the story. in ramayana vali ones said to tara that because of his strength he got her when she appeared from samudra manthan but no stories related to that was shown. i haven't read or watched any serials depicting this story if any one of u know this plz tell
Edited by rajnish_here - 16 years ago
coolpurvi thumbnail
There r many TARAs in our epics other than Baali's wife( name of Brihapati's wife is also Tara,name of Harishchandra's wife is also Tara.) Cant say exactly which of them emerged from samudra manthan. I read it in an explanatory note given in one of the Chapters of Kishkindha Kand that Tara emereded frm Samudra manthan.
I also read somewhere that PanchaMahakanya status to Tara n Mandodari, Kunti, Draupadi, Ahilya was given by Lord Krishna. I need time to answer this question n name the text. At present I m getting no time to thoroughly read Ramayana or other epical books. I'll hav to search for it. At present I'm preparing for an exam n my practical. I will be busy all throughout July n will be free in August.

_rajnish_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolpurvi

There r many TARAs in our epics other than Baali's wife( name of Brihapati's wife is also Tara,name of Harishchandra's wife is also Tara.) Cant say exactly which of them emerged from samudra manthan. I read it in an explanatory note given in one of the Chapters of Kishkindha Kand that Tara emereded frm Samudra manthan.
I also read somewhere that PanchaMahakanya status to Tara n Mandodari, Kunti, Draupadi, Ahilya was given by Lord Krishna. I need time to answer this question n name the text. At present I m getting no time to thoroughly read Ramayana or other epical books. I'll hav to search for it. At present I'm preparing for an exam n my practical. I will be busy all throughout July n will be free in August.

no problems take your time
and best of luck 4 ur exams👍🏼
coolpurvi thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajnish_here

no problems take your time
and best of luck 4 ur exams👍🏼

thanks bro
Edited by coolpurvi - 16 years ago