Sameer aka Sid gets chatty-Article

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Small screen is a power packed medium

Sameer Dharmadhikari.
You've seen him as Vivek Chauhan in the Hindi flick Satta and Agnipankh as a dashing Air Force officer and in countless advertisements.

Now actor-model Sameer Dharmadhikari, can now be seen on the small screen in a lead role in the Main Teri Parchai Hu. In a freewheeling chat, Sameer talks about his new projects and his experiences of working on the small and the big screen.

After having established himself in Bollywood, this is Sameer's first stint on TV. And needless to say he grabbed the opportunity for working with the Rajshris. "When Rajshri offered me the role of Sachin Tyagi, I couldn't say no to it because this is a very strong role," says Sameer.

On why he chose to step into the small screen he says, "Today television has become a very strong, power packed and fast growing medium and people have begun recognising TV actors. TV actors have become as popular as Bollywood stars."

Sameer is an old face on the modelling circuit and has done numerous advertisements. He's of the opinion that it's easier for models to migrate to acting, "It becomes a bit easy for a model to shift to acting as people are familiar with his face and the audience-actor connection is established."

He's also of the opinion that apart from this recall factor there is no other added advantage in being a model. "Only hard work can make you a successful actor," says Sameer.

That's just not all. Sameer is also an accomplished Marathi theatre actor. Speaking about his favourite medium he says, "Theatre has its own values. It teaches you how to act with the best expressions. I have worked with the best artists and learned how to be a good actor along with a good human being."

After giving a negative performance in Satta, a pilot in Agnipankh and a good friend in Raincoat, this good looking actor is ready with his new film Mohan Das – A Man LOST in his Own Nation where he's playing the role of a news reader. He is very excited about his new release and talking about his role Sameer says, "It's basically a cameo. I am playing Sonali Kulkarni's boyfriend in the film. It's a small role but a strong one and the most important thing is that I am working with the actors like Sonali Kulkarni and Sushant Singh."
Similar to his on-screen character in the serial which is being aired on NDTV Imagine, Sameer is a dedicated family man. He says that he's do anything for his family, "I love to be with my family whenever I gets some free time. My family is my source of inspiration and gives me the strength to perform in the most difficult situations," he says.
cheers
resh

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayenee_rs thumbnail
OMG I was last few days that where I have been seem our Sidharth but now I just cant believe this he is the same person I saw in movie satta. I hated him so much there in that movie but I am loving him so much here in this show.
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for posting, interesting article! I think the article got it wrong tho, he plays Sidharth Tyagi... not Sachin =P