ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Akki's in Imtiaz's Ali's next, too!
Author: Amul Sharma Date: 16 Jun 2008

The mature romantic saga rolls in 2009

Busy Man: Imtiaz Ali
Jab We Met director Imtiaz Ali's next project for Ashtavinayak Cinevision will feature Akshay Kumar. Imtiaz has a three-film contract with the production house.

It is learnt that Akshay has given his nod for the project. The story is described to be a mature romantic saga with a dose of wit and humour.

Although the script is not yet completed, Akki is going with the track record of Imtiaz post his suceess with Kareena-Shahid starrer Jab We Met.

The source adds, "Kareena Kapoor also has a three-film contract with Ashtavinayak.

Bebo is already doing their next, Rohit Shetty's Golmaal Returns — the sequel to the 2006 comic caper Golmaal. She will feature with Akshay in the Imtiaz Ali film as well."

Bebo's in talks

Ashtavinayak's media spokesperson, however, states, "This project is ined up for next year.

Akshay Kumar and Imtiaz Ali are definitely on board but we are still in talks with Kareena.

Considering their past working relationship, we are certain that she will give us the nod for this project, too."

Meanwhile, Imtiaz is shooting in London with Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone for his next, produced by Saif. After London, the film will be shot in San Francisco, Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkatta.

Adds the source, "This busy schedule will provide little time to Imtiaz to finish the Akki project. But Ashtavinayak is confident that Imtiaz will pull it off and complete the script of their film simultaneously."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MamtaB thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am waiting to see them together.
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

hmm.. i personally don't like akki and kareena together. they've done so many films together but i don't even see a sparkle of chemistry between them. however imitaz ali always brings out the best in his actors, so i'm waiting to watch how he'll create magic with akki & bebo.😛

Zoe28 thumbnail
he should have signed shahid with some actress rather than kareena and akki, since shahid deserves more better roles after jab we met and kareena signed so many movies that im bored of her 🤢 😆
b_queen thumbnail
oh cool...luking 4ward to it...luvd their jodi in tashan 😊
cola_gul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i dunt like them together either....ughhh i dun lie kareena at alll!!!
xChandnix thumbnail

Originally posted by: jigglypuff726

hmm.. i personally don't like akki and kareena together. they've done so many films together but i don't even see a sparkle of chemistry between them. however imitaz ali always brings out the best in his actors, so i'm waiting to watch how he'll create magic with akki & bebo.😛

I know what you mean, they don't have much chemistry, hopefully there should be some sparks between the two this time!!😆

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Look thats what I don't like about Imtiaz now....

When he needed a hit so he went to Shahid and then Shahid got her Kareena too.

But now that his movie is HIT he has changed his camp from Shahid to Kareena - Saif.

Why can't he make a mvoie with Shahid...Poor Shahid he must be hurting after reading this news.

He will knwo what will happen to his movie...Kareena had very few hits to her credit-JWM was a fluke...

look what happened t o Tashan and we will see what will happen to all her otehr movies...