Bolly winners in 54th national film award

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
While the big winners at the 54th National Film Awards came mostly from regional cinema, Bollywood did have its share. Rajkumar Hirani's Lage Raho Munnabhai got as many as four awards including Best Popular Film, Best Screenplay and Best Lyrics.

Director, Rajkumar Hirani said, "We are very delighted that we won the Best Screenplay award and I am very happy for Abhijat Joshi. I think that he rightly deserves this award and also Swanand, who won it for the song, Bande Mein Tha Dum.

Meanwhile, Dilip Prabhavalkar was announced the Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi in the film.

Hirani said, "I am actually very, very happy for Dilip for getting this award, because I know how much of an effort he has put into perfecting the role."

Other prominent winners from the Hindi film industry include the sleeper hit Khosla Ka Ghosla, directed by Dibankar Banerjee. The film picked up the award for the Best Hindi Film. Konkona SenSharma was named the Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Omkara and the film's director Vishal Bharadwaj bagged a Special Jury award.

Filmmaker Madhur Bhandrakar was adjudged the best feature film director for his 2007 release, Traffic Signal. A surpirse win for a film that was panned by the critics.

"In terms of critics, I've always had a mixed bag of reviews for everything. There were people who didn't like Page 3 and asked me what was great about the film? It was just a story of a journalist. There were people who didn't like Chandani Bar and said that it was a very depressing film. However, there is a solution in the film."

Other key winners from mainstream Hindi cinema include Hrithik Roshan starrer Krrish, which won the award for Best Special Effects and Kabul Express, which bagged debutant filmmaker Kabir Khan the Indira Gandhi Award for Best New Director.

~~~~~