Priti Amin - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

doweshowbellyad=0;
Priti Amin (TOI Photo) More pics
In the ever increasing crowd of faces on the small screen, there are some who stand out. Priti Amin is one such actress, who debuted in Jhoome Jiya Re.

A find of the talent hunt contest conducted by the channel, Priti had been doing serials in the South before she got this break. "I was looking for something good and didn't want to do the regular saas bahu serials. This serial gave me the perfect break. I have a deglamourised look and ample opportunity to show my dancing skills."

Working on daily soaps can get quite tiring, admits Priti. "Doing TV serials is maddening. You have to work nearly 28 to 30 days in a month at a hectic pace. At times, I feel like running away from it all?" Coming back to the subject of saas bahu serials, though Priti may be averse to acting in them, yet the fact remains that these serials enjoy maximum popularity. Tell her this and she agrees, "I was an avid viewer of these serials till sometime back. But now changes are happening in this format too. The current strategy is to keep the basic structure of a family drama but give it a touch of youthfulness."

Actors need to constantly reinvent themselves, she says. "If the role is not moving, then we have to move on to something better and more entertaining." But stringent contracts with the production houses or channels can thwart such a move. Priti replies, "Undoubtedly so. Everybody here is doing business. Newcomers are hired by big production houses and they actually have no say at all. But it makes smart business sense, if after gaining popularity, the actor has a strategy to encash upon."

And amidst all this smart business talk, does she find time to think about love or marriage? "I am happily single, and have no such plans at the moment, I am too bogged down by work and want more of it," she laughs.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shariefah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
posted before. please check section before posting

shaheen