Jannat to release in Pakistan

Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Jannat to release in Pakistan

Press Trust of India

Monday, May 5, 2008: (Islamabad):

Bollywood film Jannat starring Emran Hashmi is set to hit the screens in India and Pakistan simultaneously on May 16.

The film's premiere in Pakistan will be held in Lahore on May 13 and the entire cast, including Hashmi are expected to attend the gala event.

Though Hashmi's films have been huge hit in the country and he has featured in a popular television advertisement, this will be his first visit to Pakistan.

Jannat, which was shot in South Africa, revolves around the life of a bookie who fixes cricket matches and is said to be a take on late Pakistani cricket coach Bob Woolmer's life.

"It's a love story primarily, with cricket and match fixing being the wallpaper -- a subject both Indian and Pakistani audiences haven't witnessed on the big screen yet," said Hashmi, who is eagerly looking forward to his visit to the country.

The film, written and directed by Kunal Deshmukh and co-produced by Pakistan's Suhail Khan and India's Mahesh Bhatt cost around Rs 150 million.

The music of the film was composed by Pritam Chakraborty while Neelesh Misra penned its songs.

Bhatt camps last few films, especially Awarapan, were big hits in the country.

"The revival of the Pakistani film industry is very much attached to co-productions because if one produces a film with a budget of over Rs 200 million, one does not have the kind of market in Pakistan to (get) one's money back. Having only 15 to 20 good cinemas in the country is a big problem when it comes to the exhibition of the film," Khan said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Barbie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
sorry but I just saw his name in the article that's why.
I dont know what i shud say about it's going to release in PK. I just hope it doesnt have the normal Emraan Hashmi style, wid kisses and stuff
cuteface_321 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
oooooo I realllyyy wanna watch this movie 2 bad its not releasing YET in Canada!! 😆
ajnabi_143 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I am waiting for the release
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
yayyy finally its releasing in PAK also i was waiting 4 dis 😃
fahimataq thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thnx i like the songs of this movie. 😉