Apara Mehta Interview SP mention- article

parm11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Screen India Interview with APara Mehta (Kaki Sa)

You seem to have got hooked onto reality shows. After Jjhoom India, Comedy Circus this is your second outing.
Yes. Everybody is offering me reality shows. As an actor I am already well-versed with comedy, dancing and singing. So, if I am getting a chance to showcase my talent, why not? My intention is to enjoy myself and learn something in the process. Winning or losing is incidental.

Your experience in Jjhoom India was not exactly great..
Why? I was the one who garnered the highest votes in the first episode, yet I was eliminated. I was recalled through a wild-card entry. Though I didn't win, I sang very well in the finale. What's more on my recent trip to US, I had many people telling me that they loved my singing and that made me happy. What prompted you to be a part of Comedy Circus?
Comedy Circus is a stand-up comedy. I am a theatre actor who is extremely comfortable on stage. So far on television, I have always got serious roles. So, when I got this opportunity to be humorous, I immediately took it up. Did you watch the show in its first season?
No. I don't have the time to watch television as I am shooting for it all the time! Are you going to have a say in the script or is your partner Shailesh going to do all the writing?
No, I will have a say in it because I don't want the humour to be below the belt. It has to be meaningful and have a message at the end of it. What do you think of your co-competitors?
All of them are young and talented. I am the senior-most. Right now, we are all friends and I hope we remain that way. Smriti Irani is back in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Any chances of you revisiting your role as Savita?
It is great that Smriti that is back as Tulsi. I have not got any offer as yet.

What is happening to your role in Saat Phere?
I was shown to be in a paralytic state so far because I was in the US for two-and-a-half months. Now, they will think of something for me. (Laughs)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

145665 thumbnail
thx 4 the artilce i think she will cum back after few months bcuz she will b busy in CC2
jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing...
Nice article 😊
I think she will be come back
~Simz~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for posting. I am sure she will be back soon. Her son just made his entry.