gauri_hiten thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Manasi Varma
Manasi Varma, who plays Monalika in Star Plus's Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Aliya in Sony's Kaisa ye Pyar Hai, has opted out of both shows.

Varma says she took this decision because nothing much was happening for her on either show.

Sidelined

"I didn't decide impulsively; it's been quite some time since I had stopped being part of the tracks that were going on, especially in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii," she laments. Varma last shot for Kahaani for only two days, when Om (Kiran Karmarkar) was killed.

"Before that, I shot for just three days in Jodhpur, for the 1000th episode. In both cases, I was required simply because I had to complete the family circle."

Creativity stifled

On Kaisa ye Pyar Hai, Manasi says, "I was having a fair share of scenes in KYPH, but those were quite similar — I had to say the same thing in different ways.

There was no creative satisfaction. Now, I am doing only CID Special Bureau (where she plays Tejali) and will be looking out for other meaty offers," adds the actress.

Says Sandip Sikcand, creative head for both shows, "Manasi has informed me of her decision. She said she wanted to quit because she wanted to give the dates to CID Special Bureau."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Destiny007 thumbnail
Its a shame, they could have done so much with her charachter in KGGK. These creatives nah 😡
thee_goddess thumbnail
awww man that really is sad she was one of my favourite characters 😭
reenaos thumbnail
can someone send me the video when sameer finds out that shruti is his wife
asianpride05 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Destiny007

Its a shame, they could have done so much with her charachter in KGGK. These creatives nah 😡

Yh i so agree with you.... 😊