pmahesh thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

AADESH SHRIVASTAVA

Aadesh wanted to become a doctor, but his passion for music was so strong that he decided to make his career as a composer. He learnt to play the drums, and shifted to Mumbai, where he met Sapan-Jagmohan.

He then proceeded to gain a foothold in the industry by playing drums for stalwarts like O P Nayyar, Shankar-Jaikishen and Salil Choudhary. He assisted Laxmikant-Pyarelal for almost a decade before gaining a good enough grip as a professional composer.

Aadesh is the composer who has given hits like 'Sona sona', 'Shava shava','Gustakhiyaan ' and his career best ' Gur nalon ishq mitha ' and more..

The composer had a comparatively prolific 2000, with his scores in Kunwara, Tarkieb and Shikari making it to the top charts. He roped in the silken voices of Jagjit Singh and Alka Yagnik for the lilting ghazal "Kiska chehra". He also achieved a rare honour by bringing together Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle and Jagjit Singh for his album "Dil Kahin Hosh Kahin". But Aadesh' s biggest draw in 2001 was "Bas Itna Sa Khwaab Hai", Goldie Behl 's debut film. His score in this film is clean, fresh and simple.

In 2003, he composed the music for 'Baghban' starring Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini. This film's music is fresh and has a youthful flavor. "Baghban" proved to be a hit. Besides that he also composed for Shah Rukh Khan's home production "Chalte Chalte", for which he was nominated for Zee Cine Awards-2004 in the 'Best Music Director' category. The film's music has a romantic touch typical of Shah Rukh and almost all its songs were hit. Gaurang Doshi's "Deewar" and Kash Aap Hamare Hote" are some other ventures in which Aadesh worked.

AWARDS AND HONORS                           

Award                          Song-Movie

Filmfare Award - 1998, 'Best Background Score'           - Border

SOME OF THE BEST SONGS BY AS

Song                          Movie

Satrangi, satrangi                          - Deewanapan

Say Shava Shava                          - Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham

Gum shuda                          - Chalte-Chalte

Suno Na Suno Na                          - Chalte-Chalte

Layi Vi Na Gayee                          - Chalte-Chalte

Phatela jeb sil jaayega                          - Aankhen

Gustakhiyan Hain                          - Aankhen

Chali Chali Phir Chali                          - Baghban

Main Yahaan Tu Vahaan                          - Baghban

Om Jai Jagdeesh - Aarti                          - Baghban

Dharti Tarse Ambar  - Baghban

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanx mahesh for this article
Inderuma thumbnail
Adesh had promised to give Rajeev a break, but it appears that he only gave him one background alaap in the movie. It is sad that these big people make promises on spur of the moment and then forget about it. Does Adesh Srivastava remember his promise?
rocker1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Inderuma

Adesh had promised to give Rajeev a break, but it appears that he only gave him one background alaap in the movie. It is sad that these big people make promises on spur of the moment and then forget about it. Does Adesh Srivastava remember his promise?

I'm sure he'll give him more chances in the future, when  a song suiting Rajeev's style comes along. A background alaap in a decent-budget movie is a good step for an aspiring singer.

By the way, the above list of songs reminded me.. I loved Rajeev rendition of Layi vi na gayi from Chalte-Chalte in C2005.

Surpremi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Rajeev fits songs that have high notes and needs some training of classical to modulate/control his voice especially on th elow notes wherein he tends to wander. I am sure AS loves him a lot as was evidenced when he kept asking Diya if Rajeev had touched her heart. I like Rajeev a lot but I think AS is giving Rajeev time to tune himself up or wait for high note songs.

Sometimes there is only so much an MD can do - the singer has to step up to the plate too ..... in this case the microphone .... 😉 😆
vinit_1242 thumbnail
Thanx For Sharing...Nice of you......

susmitha3 thumbnail
Priti, It was initially your posts which I started reading and awaited to read them. The updates were very good. I miss your posts these days. Hope everything is fine at your end.

Thanks once again.