JJR = Jassi look alike. yes ? no?

Shariefah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I feel that the show has many similarities with Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin

JJR is not about a person's looks, its about love and dance,

Now the similarities......we too have an unhandy girl, who gets her self embarresed constantly, she loves a rich guy who has a dominating girl friend, a strict dad and a loving biji (bebe)....

Do you think people don't watch it because they might expect to see a jassi copy?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

talkativetaurus thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yeh , but still theres a difference.........jassi was really ugly duckling turned pretty .... jiya is nt the same she is dabboo ... whereas jassi was intelligent ... jiya has still got looks jassi didnt..........
daisy_luvs_ ff thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i dont know yaar, somehow i dont agree

jassi's family ws her support, her toh her father is the biggest prob in her life.
jassi ws confident where jiya being forced to believe that she is a dabboo, lacks that confidence.
she is beautiful(apu himself told her so) where as jassi's main prob ws her odd looks.

i guess except that fact that they both were underdogs, their battles are very much different........
i guess ppl dont watch JJR mainly becoz zee next isnt that popular yet and JJR story is subtle, not over the top.........so in this fasttrack world may be JJR is facing a prob in curving out its niche.....but for likeminded viewers who love subtle stories and dont mind JJR's lack of melodramatic plots JJR is much adored......
i guess with time JJR will gain its popularity and all of us must try our best to get it a good publicity and make it a talked abt soap!! 😃
talkativetaurus thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
the problem is majority of the public loves saas bahu sagas and romance.. they r not ready to accept an actual show. the romance is a part of the story n nt the always the story itself which the public cannot digest easliy after so many love stories which were originally something else n made into something else!
daisy_luvs_ ff thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i agree to that, but i guess many is nt even aware of the soap....publicity is very important, i think. i mean if can get ppl talk abt something for a bit long, may be create a hype everybody more or less buys it even if the content is nt that good.
but here the content, material is excellent........the only big prob its facing is that it is being aired on not that popular channel.......if it were in zee, who knows may be more wd have watched and it cd have got more popularity.............
but i really like zee cafe and zee next........so hope and pray that JJR get its due appreciation and fame!!
Shariefah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow guys nice to see your indepth analysis of Jassi at one hand and JJR at the other

After following the recent developments in the show i do feel that jassi was a confident girl where jiya has no faith in her self at all
awesomedisha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yup they have sum similarities...but i think jassi's father had many similarities with mahesh...
Tomiko thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

JJKN was a story about a girl who aimed to fight prejudice and make a place for herself in the world and maybe even find love...

I guess JJR is quite similar only Jiya lacks the self belief that Jassi did and in many ways; Jiya's like a child in a woman's body.

Maybe because other than Dadi; she's found no emotional support in her family?

As for the lack of publicity - that annoys me the most....it may not be Saas Bahu but JJR is a great show; JJKN wasn't saas bahu and was a very popular show na?😛

I think it's down to the publicity....how many people know about ZN?....Also; I think it's only been launched in India so basically in the entertainment market where over 50% of viewers come from outside of India; how can ZN hope to be successful if it's only limited to one country?

If it wasn't for I-F I wouldn't even know this show existed!😕