mehak.S thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
Shraddha in Hollywood Partition
   By: Tushar Joshi
   September 16, 2005

Shraddha Nigam
Even though her last TV show, Dekkho Magar Pyar Se (DMPS), went off the air without fanfare, Shraddha Nigam is visibly excited about her latest career move.

The actress has been signed to play an important role in a Hollywood production, titled The Partition; directed by Vik Sarin, the film is based on the 1947 partition of India.

"I cannot reveal much since I am bound by contract," says Shraddha, in an interview to hitList…

International audience

The Partition is my first big project for an international audience. The film is set against the backdrop of the Partition; I play an Indian girl named Manjula. My look will be very traditional and I will use little make-up. I am leaving for Chandigarh today for my first schedule with the cast.

I love Neve

I love Neve Campbell and have seen her previous work. I will be working with her very closely. All I can say is that Manjula and Neve's characters are important in taking the story ahead. I give her shelter and take care of her in her time of need. Jimmy is already popular in India for his hilarious role in The Guru. I think it will be awesome to know him and work with him.

Shooting in Chandigarh

We start shooting in Chandigarh today, along with the rest of the cast. Since we have a North Indian setting, the shoot is happening around Chandigarh. I still have to take a look at the clothes I will be wearing. From what I have heard, there will be lots of churidaar-kurtas and traditional Punjabi attire. 

On DMPS

Even though Dekkho Magar Pyar Se didn't do as well as I thought it would, for me it was a step forward. Star Plus is a great channel to be in and coming back there was amazing. I am being offered roles for TV shows, but I don't want to take up something I am not convinced about.

Paisa Bhari Ho Gaya

I recently came back from Rishikesh, where I took part in the adventure show Paisa Bhari Ho Gaya. I think it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life.

The place is heavenly and more than winning money, I wanted to spend time travelling and shopping. In fact, I am already making plans to go back whenever possible.

As far as the show is concerned, I think the fact that I could complete the hurdles and the race itself is a huge compliment. There is lot of unpredictability in the competition, which isn't an easy thing. You don't know what challenges will come your way. I anyway wanted to carry less money and have more fun.

[email protected]

Neve who?

Hollywood actress Neve Campbell became hugely popular after the Scream series. Neve played protagonist Sidney Prescott in all three films, Scream, Scream 2 and Scream 3. She was also a part of the sex thriller, Wild Things, along with Denise Richards and Kevin Bacon.

i know she is not from kyunki but i jus feel like posting this artticle

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cutereems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Since article is not related to Kyunki I am closing it.