Movie on Benazir Bhutto

nazeeei thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Bhatt to make movie on Benazir Bhutto

A Pakistani film company is rushing into the production of a movie based on the life of slain former premier Benazir Bhutto in collaboration with noted Indian filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt.

Well-known Pakistani writer and poet Aqeel Ahmad Ruby would write the script of the movie that is already in its pre-production phase, Karachi-based Skies Unlimited Films said.

The film will be released across the world, it said. The film will be completed in collaboration with Bhatt, Aneela Khan, and a producer with the company, told the Daily Times.

Khan said the director of the film "will soon be announced" though the makers had not yet decided who would play the charismatic Bhutto.

"We have not decided yet. It could be someone famous or a completely new face. There are possibilities that some of the scenes would be shot in India, but we are not sure," she said.

"The project is running through its pre-production phase and we will soon be on the set," Khan said. Aamir Rizvi will be the film's associate producer and Indu Mirani its official coordinator in India, she said.

"The film is going to be released internationally and we don't want to create any controversy with this film. The basic motive behind this announcement is just to dedicate this film to Benazir Bhutto," Khan said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

irtaza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yaar bhaat bana raha hai tu hmmmm 😉 hope this movie will be a hit but i dont think so 😕
noorejahaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Actually, apparently Asif Ali Zardari denied Bhatt the rights to make this movie. He said that he had already promised some Hollywood filmmaker the opportunity to make a film on Benazir or something. 😕 Don't know the story exactly, but apparently his lawyers advised him against having a B-wood movie made about Benazir.
nazeeei thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: irtaza

yaar bhaat bana raha hai tu hmmmm 😉 hope this movie will be a hit but i dont think so 😕

hope so😃

ahada thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
EVEN THOUGH I DON'T LIKE BHATT BECAUSE HE ALWAYS MAKES VOLGER MOVIES THAT REQUIRE ONLY ADULTS TO WATCH. IN ONE WAY I AM HAPPY THAT HE WON'T BE MAKING A MOVIE ON BENAZIR BHUTTO BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I HATE THE FACT THAT HER HUSBAND ALLOWED HOLLYWOOD BUT NOT BOLLYWOOD.

Cup-Of-Chai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well lets see..how it goes 😉