Meet the beautiful Priti (Jiya) pic

Shariefah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Priti (Jiya) looks like Hema Malini πŸ˜›
Model-cum-telly star Priti Amin proves that she is much more than just a glam girl

SHE COULD pass off as Hema Malini's daughter β€” the physical resemblance is so striking. This model-cum-television star-cum-film aspirant is a far cry from the archetypal glam gals. For one, she is articulate, not figuratively, and can speak her mind in no indefinite terms. She is Priti Amin for you, a girl with beauty and brains.

Not that she is an entrant in the field, if not movies, in television soaps, Priti has more than proved her pluck. Her fairy-like figure belies the mettle within. She comes out as an actress of consequence whatever be the character she is doing. Her daily soaps aired on the Telugu prime channels have already catapulted her to fame The penchant to take up acting as a career was a bold decision in the face of opposition from her family. After graduation, Priti preferred a diploma in acting along with classical dance (Kathak) from the University of Hyderabad to her chartered accountancy. Modelling happened as a matter of fact. "I am not the ramp sort of model, only the ad model, and I didn't want to end up as just that." Her first stint with the theatre happened with Katka Gora by Nishumbita ballet and theatre group. Her role made people sit up and watch for here was a talent unknown and untapped. Very soon, she got "good offers from television and not-so-good offers from films," she says frankly. "From day one, I was pretty sure I will do roles where I am noticed and remembered not just for looks but for something more meaningful. I decided to accept the television serials where I could really perform and wait patiently for sensible, significant roles if it comes to movies." This is called a mind of one's own and an intellect to boot. "I can't be a hypocrite to say money doesn't matter, it does but then money is not an end in itself. Name and fame also have to go along with it. If people judge me as having the potential, it is my most authentic testimonial." Such level-headedness compliments her visible assets and these are sure to take her places.

Source: The Hindu: Metro Plus Hyderabad

Edited by Shariefah - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daisy_luvs_ ff thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wowwwwww thanx for the article.............
fresh beauty, brains and a focused mind........thats priti aka jiya for us!!! πŸ˜ƒ
andriya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks you so much,it's a great article!!!! πŸ˜›
Love Jiiya!!!!!!
Haadiyaa thumbnail
tnx 4 the article.....i love jiya duboo....
Tomiko thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Thankooooooooo for the article Shanu!

I'm so glad they zeroed in on her to do the role - she surely does justice to the character of Jiya!πŸ˜›

Shariefah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ur welcome guys
i never thought she was an actress with such high level views
I have started to respect her even more😊
and she is soo pretty na 😳