innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

I was thinking why Manas would let the friendship between him and Simran get so out of hand and this is the thought that came to mind.

Could it be that as Manas knows Simran was a major reason behind him and Urmila breaking up, and also that Simran was the reason for Kiran's insecurity, he didn't want her to be the reason for any possible future conflict between him and Riya Sen, so after warning Simran to get out of Abhi's life, he made sure she is no longer a part of his life. It was possible the only way he could control the matter, otherwise Simran may start to show herself as being superior to Riya - although Riya is a tough cookie so that may have been harder than anticpiated.

Would like to know what anybody else thinks about this..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Manas is more straightforward than that... and not equipped with the benefit of so much hindsight and foresight 😉 ... it was a clash of wills, and he refused to give in becos, as usual, simran's ego did not allow her to consider that she could be in the wrong. But I do think that his attitude of 'I'll work with you only as long as you're my friend' is pretty unprofessional. He just can't accept her as just his boss, unless she's ALSO his buddy. Typical fragile male ego at work!!!
sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: innocentindian

Could it be that as Manas knows Simran was a major reason behind him and Urmila breaking up, and also that Simran was the reason for Kiran's insecurity, he didn't want her to be the reason for any possible future conflict between him and Riya Sen, so after warning Simran to get out of Abhi's life, he made sure she is no longer a part of his life. It was possible the only way he could control the matter, otherwise Simran may start to show herself as being superior to Riya - although Riya is a tough cookie so that may have been harder than anticpiated.

Would like to know what anybody else thinks about this..

ya this is a fresh and refreshing aspect of Manas. I somewhat like the way you have thought.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Nice thoughts innocentindian but I don't think that was the case.I think it was more of his own breaking of the norms that had tied him down for so long rather than anything else.He had lived by set rules all his life and subconciously he felt guilty about breaking them.Yet he did not want anything to take away his newfound happiness and Simran would always remind him of the kind of guy he actually was and which he didn't want to be anymore........

Had it been the normal Manas,he would have cooly gone to Simran and would have told her Neha's point of view and typically ended with..'you r an adult capable of taking ur own decisions and so think about whai I said..' and Simran would have thought,seriously.

But he didn't do that.Instead he accused her.It's been said offense is the best form of defense......In his mind,he himself was doing something forbidden and somehow he wanted to pull Simran to that level subconciously so that it would be OK for him too..........

rat718 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I totally agreee with you minne. HOwever I think Manas is confused. All he cares is his own life. He is now after riya sen, I think he should concentrate on his kid first before messing around with riya or telling his best freind what a pain she has been to her X husband. What is his bussiness anyway?he has hundreads of his own problems he should solve before getting to tell others how they should behave.
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Minnie,

After the party in which manas overheard (always always a very dangereous thing to do, from much past experience) neha and pooname talking, he discussed it briefly with riya on the way back home, and riya put him of it. i think riya shouldn't have done that as other wise manas would have done it in his usual cool manas dude way. but riya is way too clever.

It was unfortunate that simran confronted manas the way she did, hence this is the way it all came out, and ended up.

In some ways, riya is quite nice, but she is VERY smart....