Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
Questions

1.) What do you guys think of Konkona's statement saying that "'Chak De' and 'Taare Zameen Par', we don't know what it would have been without a Shah Rukh Khan or an Aamir Khan." she said we are very dependent on stars, do you agree?

2.) What do you guys think of Ranvir and koko pair? do you think they make a great match?
293418 thumbnail
1. I 100% agree with her on that part. Looking at Johnny Gaddar, which was a very good film, failing is an example there. But looking at the success of Bheja Fry, the tide is turning so I think we will see more indie cinema in Bollywood. It will just take some time.

2. I like them together. The scene in Traffic Signal where Konkona breaks down after Ranvir dies was so touching. Actually their scenes together were the only saving grace in that film. Rest of the movie was quite a bore.

By the way I love your new siggie.
Terenaina thumbnail
thanks, I added this siggy and avi on the first page too πŸ˜›

Johnny Gaddar? you know Neil is a star kid right? so yeah star kids or super star are making huge impact and also Johnny Gaddar had dharmendra and the lead female in the movie is a big star too

I didn't see a movie with full newbies that made a hit so we depend on stars, I also agree with koko on that statement.

About ranvir-koko pairing, not sure about that, kunal-koko is more like it πŸ˜›
Edited by veryuniquestyle - 16 years ago
293418 thumbnail
Oh definitely, on screen, I do prefer Kunal-Konkona too.
Terenaina thumbnail
I just found out from Maya, a member in our deepika FC, she was saying that Ranvir and Koko are living together😲 they are in a live-in relationship.
293418 thumbnail
Yup, I knew that.I will be honest in saying that it does not bother me personally. But it is something I could never do. What bothers me more are the men in Bollywood, who have wives and then affairs (too many to mention) or who have two wives i.e. Salim Khan (Salman's dad) and Udit Narayan (and the wives just accept it). I don't know; it just gets me shaking my head. And to do that sort of thing takes in India takes alot of bravado. But then Konkona was raised in a household where her parents got divorced when she was a kid so she has a different outlook on that sort of thing.
Terenaina thumbnail
but still it doesn't matter if your parents are divorced or not, anyways it's her life and I don't like that choice of hers living with ranvir
Terenaina thumbnail
Having two wives depends on ones' religion if it's okay to do.

But if your in a relationship with a man, you live together but not married it's a different all together.

Oh well, I love Koko in a perfessional level I guess, her movies and all that, what she does with her life, it's her choice 😊
293418 thumbnail
Look I don't endorse living together before marriage myself. But just I find the other issue more of a problem, personally speaking. Nonetheless I try not to put actors on some sort of pedestal that I should try to emulate. There are plenty of people that I admire but would lead the personal life that they do. For example, I love Aamir Khan, but I don't really care so much about his personal life. I try to look at the artistic contributions separately. Same thing with Scarlett Johannsen and Jonathan Rhys-Myers, if we want to take some Hollywood examples. But regardless of what we think of the decision, Konkona's mom was happy with it if we take the pictures of her with them at some events seriously.
Terenaina thumbnail
yeah artistic contributions 😊 I agree with you, there are some celebs who I love for their work but not for their personal life so yeah 😊