Users

Frequent Posters

15836 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi Aishu-)
Very off topic, but Nimmi I love that quote in your siggie section ji
293418 thumbnail
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hollywood/news-interviews/I-thought-industrywallahs-were-ego-centric-Suzanne/articleshow/5106393.cms

I thought industrywallahs were ego-centric: Suzanne

ZINIA SEN , TNN 10 October 2009, 12:00am IST
Till Suzanne Bernert found her soulmate in Akhil Mishra. In Kolkata to shoot for Aparna Sen€™s Iti Mrinalini, the actor talks to TOI aboutlove, life and much more.

How aware are you of Aparna Sen€™s body of work?
It€™s my husband, Akhil Mishra, who got to me introduced to Indian cinema. I had seen Aparna€™s 36 Chowringhee Lane in 2005. It was followed by 15 Park Avenue. After watching her directorial debut, I realised what a wonderful film-maker she is.

And what about Konkona?
Mixed Doubles is her first film that I saw. I thought she was truly impressive. Konkona has also given a stellar performance in Omkara. I€™m looking forward to seeing Wake Up Sid. What I like about her is that she€™s very genuine. Some people in the industry fake genuineness, but Konkona€™s different.

293418 thumbnail
Hey, it is all good. I am very good at being off-topic. So I would like to thank Amrita for bringing this to my attention. Hola Simran.

Since Aparna Sen is Konkona's mother, I can post this. *winks* It is related after all she has worked with Rahul Bose quite a bit too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c04HZrhTS0[/YOUTUBE]
415781 thumbnail
I also think that she was the best thing about Laga Chunari Mein Daag and Aaja Nachle honestly wasn't too bad. I am glad that she did those roles and isn't afraid to do the smaller roles if they are interesting.
15836 thumbnail
The Japanese Wife! Thanks so much Nimmi; I"ve been trying to yaad this name for ages. I really want to watch it.
I love that about Konkona too, she doesn't make one specific area her safe zone; the "vastness" is her safe zone.
293418 thumbnail
I hate the title of this article, and this will be the last of article posting on my side for now. Yeah, I think The Japanese Wife releases at the end of this year, but I don't know exactly when, maybe December.

Okay, this looks quite interesting. I will try to see this movie when it releases for sure.

Printed from

Konkona deglams for mom's film

ZINIA SEN & RUMAN GANGULY , TNN 8 October 2009, 12:00am IST A perfectionist to the core, Aparna Sen leaves no stones unturned when it comes to filming a venture.
Konkona and Shaheb at College Street More Pics

In her latest, Iti Mrinalini, that stars her talented daughter, Konkona Sen Sharma, currently riding high on Wake Up Sid, the director is all set to capture 70s-80s Kolkata. The shoot that happened on Howrah Bridge and Presidency College so far, will capture more of the city€™s essence in the coming days.

Shaheb Bhattacharjee, who plays Abhijeet, Konkona€™s love interest, said after the first two days of shooting, €œI play a Naxalite. The character doesn€™t confess his love for Mrinalini (played by Konkona and later, by Aparna). It€™s kind of understood.€ After having shot at the boi para in the morning, the unit headed to a caf, where an adda sequence was shot. €œI recited a Sunil Gangopadhyay poem for the scene,€ said the actor, who in his own admission, was €œall jitters having being paired with Konkona.€ But a helpful co-actor, Konkona helped him get over his initial nervousness. €œI€™ll be wearing bell-bottoms, high-waist pants, big-collar shirts and photua. Every detail of the look has been taken care of by Rinadi (Aparna),€ the actor added.

In keeping with the storyline, the other characters are also flaunting a 70s-80s look. Konkona, who€™ll not be seen in any designerwear, is likely to drape herself in traditional saris. €œThere will be no opulence in her costumes,€ said a source. Locket Chatterjee, who€™s playing Rajat Kapoor€™s wife in the film, will also be seen in saris. €œIt€™s a completely different look for me. I€™m really excited. I might wear a few of Rinadi€™s (Aparna) saris. Apart from that, she has also selected a few from my wardrobe. Ami ki jewellery porbo, setao Rinadi bechhe diyechhen.€
Kaushik Sen, who€™ll be seen in kurtas, is keeping a stubble for the film. €œThere€™s something called continuity. I€™m grateful to my television directors, who are putting up with me,€ said Sen. The actor€™s all set to shoot from today and has scattered dates till November 5.

The only actor who gets to wear contemporary clothes in the film is Priyanshu Chatterjee. €œMy character, Imtiaz Choudhry, is one to have studied abroad. A successful man, his trendy clothes reflect his personality. To enhance the character€™s sense of classy dressing, I€™ll be carrying clothes from my wardrobe as well. Shooting for me begins around October 17,€ said Priyanshu.

The film€™s music is scored by Debajyoti Mishra. The music director, who€™s happy teaming up with Aparna yet again, said, €œThere are three songs in Iti Mrinalini. It€™s a film-within-a-film format, where one song is part of Bish Kanya, a film that stars Mrinalini and will see her attaining overnight success. Another song, which is also part of Bish Kanya, is in Konkona€™s lips. The third one is based on Sunil Gangopadhyay€™s poem, Smritir Shahar. I€™ve used swing and Latino.€ The singers, who€™ve lent their voices in the film, are Shaan, Shreya Ghoshal, Bonnie and Bobo.

This sure is music to the ears.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-5097712,prtpage-1.cms

415781 thumbnail
Yeah I hate the whole glam-deglam business too. Acting is acting and good films are good films.
293418 thumbnail
So, the TOI are being kind of pains by not letting you post an image from their article, but I really like the scene chosen and the sari she is wearing in the still. Do click on the link to see it.
415781 thumbnail
Here you go:

I agree she looks great here and I love the Saree.
293418 thumbnail
Thanks Geet. I read a crapload of blogs, but I am very technologically challenged or so it seems.:(