Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

220680 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I can't wait to see Date with WUS. Koko is actually really funny! (KWKs).

Amu made me cry in the second half; it is such a good movie! Thanks to Nimmi for the links. :P

How many bengali films has Koko done?
293418 thumbnail
I want to say she has done 3 or 4. And I haven't seen Dosar either, which I really regret. She has also done some films as kid though they were small roles.

Thanks for the link there. I was so checking out Ayan. 😉😆
Edited by dizzyonlemonade - 15 years ago
293418 thumbnail
Saturday, September 26, 2009
The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it? While we were shooting for Wake Up Sid, I couldn't wait for the movie to be done so I could sit on a cushy chair and watch it on the big screen. And now that it's almost over, I wish we could delay it a bit, just to stay in this same atmosphere for just a little longer. Because once a film is over, the air just changes, and you can never get that feeling back again. Ok, I think it's time I stopped being so sentimental. Mostly because Wake Up Sid wasn't exactly the easiest film to have done! There were lots and lots of days when I was tortured and exploited too!

Seriously, everyday started with Ayan coming into my van and asking me to lose weight, and be healthy and eat right and work out, etc etc. Then, what seemed like hours and hours, were spent in picking out my outfit and accessories for the day's scene. Of course, then there was another hour attributed to doing my hair and makeup. By the time we actually began shoot everyday, I would be exhausted already! Ayan isn't shallow in the least, which will be clear to anyone who watches Wake Up Sid, but he is obsessed with being healthy. He's the fittest out of all the crewmembers, and works out more than any of us do, including Ranbir. Eventually, though, I'm glad he pushed me. I'm very happy with my look in the film, and surprised by my own transformation.

Of course, there were far worse horrors that lay in my path during Wake Up Sid, and my look was the least of them. The shoot wasn't a very easygoing shoot. We shot at all kinds of hours, everywhere around Mumbai, in all types of conditions that I had never shot in before. The worst day I had on this film could go to either one of two days. One - the day I had to do a really emotional scene while being drenched by a mixture of real and fake rain. And two - the day when I had to have a mouse run over my body! Ugggh. Ok the mouse day wins hands down, because Ayan might be able to convince me to shoot in the rain again, but I'm NEVER letting a mouse near myself again! I have no idea how he convinced me to do it the first time. I was almost in tears and scared to death!

Speaking of scared, nobody is a bigger scaredy-cat than Ranbir! That boy is afraid of everything. We had to shoot a song cut with a pigeon, and as soon as the pigeon was let loose he just ran! And he slipped and fell down in the middle of the shot! The whole unit cracked up and we had to stop shoot just to pull ourselves together again. He refused to do another take, but Ayan sweet-talked him into it and I promised to protect him if he were attacked. When we did do the shot, he ran and hid behind me and wouldn't even look up till we got hold of the bird! We've kept both those shots in the film, and they work because that's how our characters are too. He isn't a 'brave hero' and I'm not a 'damsel in distress'. We're both regular people, who laugh and scream and get scared and run away like everyone does. Ayan loves capturing these organic moments and knows how to put them in context. I just wish these real moments involved fewer animals!

Ok if I give away all my memories like this, I won't have much left for next time!

Until then,

Konkona
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/blogs/wakeupsid/200909/169/index.html
415781 thumbnail
Thanks for posting this Nimmi. I love the way she writes.
293418 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -bluemoon-

Thanks for posting this Nimmi. I love the way she writes.

Yeah, me too. Though you are a good writer too, Geet. I could definitely see her writing and directing her own screenplays in the future if she wanted to.

There is a certain natural flow to her writing. There is no abruptness at all. The transitions all flow seamlessly. Now, I sound like a teacher.😆
Edited by dizzyonlemonade - 15 years ago
dana13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
konkona a really lovely girl y3<3<3
293418 thumbnail
Hi Dana. Please feel free to join.

Hey Geet, do you know of any way I can watch the Date With Sid videos?

I have to go for a meeting in a bit so just to let you know.:)
dana13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hiii dizzy
ok I join the FC if I can ^^
hmmm where find the With Sid Videos, I don't know... try in youtube... I have try yet but find anything =(
293418 thumbnail
I found them on Dailymotion. Here are the links.:)

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/date+with+sid/video/xan0xn_28-sept-date-with-sid_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/date+with+sid/video/xan10e_28-sept-date-with-sid-part-2_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/date+with+sid/video/xan125_28-sept-date-with-sid-part-3-of-3_shortfilms
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
nimmi, geet, dana.... hello and to all the konkona fans

did anyone watched wake up sid?.... I haven't watch it yet. I can't wait to watch it