Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

415781 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
It is ridiculous. On DD I have watched Tamil, Marathi and Bengali films in the past. But these days DD too doesn't show them very often.

293418 thumbnail
That's true. The downfall of Doordarshan has lead to the thriving of the saas-bahu saga. A sadly inverse relationship, okay on topic, let's see, have you seen Mixed Doubles?

I think I may be the only on I-F to have watched it, but I really liked it though the second half left more to be desired.

Apparently Rajat Kapoor and Anurag Kashyap wrote it like just spur of the moment I think in a night or two nights. The ending was a cop out, but if it hadn't been, it would have been good.
415781 thumbnail
You are not the only one. Yeah the ending was a cop out, but I think the performances and the first half made up for it, for me.

But I liked the fact that Ranvir's character doesn't really know the truth.
Edited by -bluemoon- - 15 years ago
293418 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -bluemoon-

You are not the only one. Yeah the ending was a cop out, but I think the performances and the first half made up for it, for me.

But I liked the fact that Ranvir's character doesn't really know the truth.

I really liked the situational comedy. The subject may have been mature per say. But I didn't feel uncomfortable watching it. There is more to cringe when you see a double meaning dialogue that is just gross. Like the title in Hey Baby, I honestly found more degrading even though I guess the censors would consider that clean.

415781 thumbnail
Hey Baby is full of crude dialogues with double meanings. Can't stand that film, and like you said even the title is is degrading.

That was one of the things that pleasantly surprised me in the film. When I watched it I wasn't sure how they would deal with the subject. But they didn't let it get inappropriate or crude.

I didn't know the script was written that fast. I am sure you read the blog, but wasn't Black Friday written in some ridiculously short time as well? But I guess they had all the research prepared in the form of the book.
293418 thumbnail
I think he wrote Black Friday in a period of a few days with redrafts done a couple of weeks later.

But I didn't mean the title. I am not that overly hypersensitive. The title song with drinks being poured over the women in certain areas. Like is making a cameo in an item song that important, really now? Of course, Farah did choreograph it, but whatever.
415781 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dizzyonlemonade

I think he wrote Black Friday in a period of a few days with redrafts done a couple of weeks later.

But I didn't mean the title. I am not that overly hypersensitive. The title song with drinks being poured over the women in certain areas. Like is making a cameo in an item song that important, really now? Of course, Farah did choreograph it, but whatever.

Oh I watched the movie on DVD so I FFed all songs. I guess I missed that atrocity then.
293418 thumbnail
Alright, I am back.

Thought I would paste a couple of my favorite stills here.

415781 thumbnail
415781 thumbnail
Saw her on the last 20 minutes of Date with Sid. She was really sweet and funny. Looked stunning too.