Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

unknowndesires. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Terenaina

she was really good in life in the metro. The recent movie I watched of Konkona was The President is coming, it's a dark comedy. I also loved her in movies like ek je aachhe kanya and 15 park avenue

Yeh she waz really gud in 15 park avenue!!! I never bothered watchin the president is cumin!! Is it a good movie?
220680 thumbnail

finally a still from WUS. credit - hiru!
415781 thumbnail
Ayan talking about Konkona:

The movie also stars the super-talented Konkona SenSharma. So was it difficult for a newbie to direct an experienced actress? "Konkona is a delight to work with. People think of her as this serious actress, but she's easy to work with. She doesn't take herself or her work too seriously. In fact, in the beginning I used to think that I have to make some comment after every shot and I would do that," he laughs.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/You-are-responsible-for-everything-Ayan/articleshow/5038008.cms
415781 thumbnail
Vinay wrapping up his film Mirch
Mail Today

Vinay Shukla's film Godmother had won a number of awards, including the National Awards. However, his next film, Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe, was a huge disaster. As a result, he found it difficult to find a producer willing to make a film with him for years after that.

"After the flop, no one wanted to make a film with me," says Shukla, who is currently trying to wrap up his next film Mirch. This time he got lucky to find producers in Big Pictures.

And Vinay is hoping that this time his film will be liked by audience. "It is an interesting and relevant story about what happens to a woman when she is caught red handed committing adultery by her husband. There are four stories and then another story interconnects them," says Shukla.

"The film at some level also aims at raising the issue of gender bias," adds the director.

Mirch stars many actors including Konkona Sen Sharma, Shreyas Talpade, Raima Sen, Shahana Goswami and Boman Irani.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&issueid=110&id=62924&Itemid=1&sectionid=67
Edited by -bluemoon- - 15 years ago
293418 thumbnail
I am here. Okay, so new info wise, I will try to post some of the info from
Wake Up Sid as well.:)

I am hoping it is not a sidelined thing as much as that she is the one, who probably doesn't transform as much. So the focus is more on the one finding himself.

293418 thumbnail

Kolkata calling for Konkona

RUMAN GANGULY & ZINIA SEN Times News Network 20 September 2009, 12:00am IST Mom€™s the word for Konkona Sen Sharma. So, when mummy calls, daughter dear is only too happy to oblige
The actor, who shot to national fame post Aparna Sen€™s Mr and Mrs Iyer, will start shooting for her mother€™s next from October 6 in the city. Iti Mrinalini, as the title goes, deals with an actor€™s (played by Konkona and later, by Aparna) life in the 70s-80s Kolkata.

Besides Aparna and Konkona, the cast includes Kaushik Sen, Rajat Kapoor, Priyanshu Chatterjee and German actor Suzanne Bernert. News is that even Subrata Sen has been approached to play the actor€™s first director in the film. Priyanshu plays an ambitious and passionate director, who is devoted and eager to learn new things. In the film, he approaches Mrinalini for his international project. The actor, who along with other members of the cast, is attending a workshop held by Sohag Sen, is all geared up. €œYes, I€™m doing the film... my character€™s name is Imtiaz Chowdhry,€ says
Priyanshu, refusing to spill the beans on his role. About attending the workshop, the actor explains, €œIt€™s been a huge help. Workshops always help one get under the skin of the character. I€™m sure that will reflect onscreen.€ Konkona plays an actor, who slowly rises to fame. The film delves into her innocent side and the way she adapts to her changed status.

€œNeedless to say, Konkona is an excellent actor. It€™s always great doing workshop with her,€ Sohag adds. Kaushik plays an South Indian author, Chintan Nair, who eventually becomes Konkona€™s friend. €œBorn to a Bengali mother and a South Indian father, Chintan is well-versed in Bengali. He is also a Santiniketan passout. The director wants a hint of South Indian accent in my diction,€ says Kaushik.
Suzanne, on her part, is also excited to be part of the film. The actor€™s coming down to Kolkata to shoot on October 9. €œI€™m playing the wife of Konkona€™s brother.€ For the first leg of shooting, the unit has zeroed in on a two-storey house in Baghbazar, overlooking the Ganges. Says a source from the production unit, €œRinadi (Aparna Sen) has approached the owners of a house in Baghbazar. Shoriki byapar bole oneker motamot nitey hobe. An official letter has been handed out. Hopefully, the shoot will happen here. If all goes well, the house will be done up according to the film€™s requirement on October 5. The camera will start rolling from the following day.€

So far, so good.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-5031099,prtpage-1.cms

415781 thumbnail
This film sounds really interesting Nimmi thanks for posting it!
293418 thumbnail
I really shouldn't be promoting this. If you look on Youtube, you can find two of her finest performances for Amu and Titli (Bengali with English subtitles).

These movies are particularly hard to find in my neck of the woods. But they are amazing. Amu makes everyone cry though, fair warning. On a girl's journey to find out about her birth parents and she finds out about the grisly nature of the 1984 Sikh riots.

Titli shows the relationship of a mother and daughter when the mother's old paramour meets them on a chance encounter and how they are affected by it as well.

415781 thumbnail
Haven't seen those films. Will definitely watch them. It is actually really hard to find films in other Indian languages in North India. I don't know why. So I will watch Titli on YT and try to find Amu DVD. I am thinking of getting a BIG flicks subscription, but not sure I can afford one.
293418 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -bluemoon-

Haven't seen those films. Will definitely watch them. It is actually really hard to find films in other Indian languages in North India. I don't know why. So I will watch Titli on YT and try to find Amu DVD. I am thinking of getting a BIG flicks subscription, but not sure I can afford one.

Anyways, that is pretty ridiculous. Then again, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. It is easy to caricature when you are not even able to see any of their movies. Sorry, that is my frustration at other people speaking unrelated to this thread. There is news about Konkona doing a Mallu movie with Manmooty, but I think she has been offered it, not said yes.