Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

293418 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
My guess is it will be a marriage comedy, which would be different ground covered. So maybe a comedic version of Saathiya. You need to see the Tamil version of that film by the way, so much better. Shaad Ali may have copied it very well, but he still couldn't emulate the Mani touch.
220680 thumbnail
What is the Tamil version called? I think I might have come across it... I saw some marriage comedy and the description said it was the best and made by Mani so.. might have been that one!
293418 thumbnail
It is called Alai Payuthey. And it was Maddy's first film with Shalini(whose last film it was). They were great together. I think that means jumping waves in Tamil if I am correct.
220680 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dizzyonlemonade

It is called Alai Payuthey. And it was Maddy's first film with Shalini(whose last film it was). They were great together. I think that means jumping waves in Tamil if I am correct.

I think that was it! I will try to watch it!
293418 thumbnail
Konkona says 'NO' to smoking
by Rajiv Dutta

After talking about it for months Konkona Sen Sharma has finally kicked the butt. A close friend reveals that Koko has stopped smoking since the last few weeks.

In fact, she has even asked boyfriend Ranvir Shorey to cut down on the number of packs he goes through, in a day if he cannot give up the nicotine fix completely.

However, Ranvir has made it clear that he can't stop puffing. A source reveals, "Koko had set aside a date for herself to quit smoking and has stuck to her resolution."

Former health minister Anbumani Ramadoss should give her an award. He was always trying to get actors to quit smoking on-screen, she has given up smoking even off-screen.

http://www.indiatarget.com/cgi-bin/detailnews.cgi?id=9005
293418 thumbnail

The Blue Mug with Konkona, Ranvir and Vinay

by sneha_kar | 02. July 2009

"A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever." Konkona Sen makes her theatrical debut in the city with Atul Kumar's 'The Blue Mug'.

There was once the age of innocence but now the age of confusion seems to have taken its place. "A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever." Moments both significant and insignificant. The Blue Mug debuted in Bangalore originally five years ago and was back with its revival fitted out with a bigger and somewhat starry cast. We are talking of Mumbai's Company Theatre and their theatrical production, 'The Blue Mug' at Ranga Shankara with a cast boasting of Konkona, Vinay and Ranvir to boot.

From being the talk of the town last week with tickets selling like hot cakes , the play had a lot of expectations and excitement locked on it. And why not! It was going to be the theatrical debut of Bollywood actress Konkona Sen. The star studded ensemble also comprised the inimitable Vinay Pathak and Ranvir Shorey, Rajat Kapoor, Sheeba Chadha and Munish Bharadwaj. Without disappointment, the play was a laugh riot as the artists took stage one by one,narrating memories from childhood, some blurry, some crystal clear. All the actors, apart from Konkona and Ranvir played themselves on stage animatedly narrating their stories.

Ranvir and Konkona's performance was based on "The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat" by Oliver Sacks. They played doctor and patient and the chemistry was phenomenal even though they were on opposite sides of the stage. Ranvir Shorey's act wasnothing short of brilliance as he played the role of a patient who's only memory is of himself as a child. The bang-on Punjabi and innocent jokes were clearly a favourite with the audience, the applause in unison every time the duo was on stage, was witness to this. "It is such a pleasure coming back to Bangalore. The audience here is great. I will be coming back to this city in a couple of months from now." said Rajat Kapoor.

Celebrating seasons, the warmth of the early years, circus, addiction to those digestive golis, similar to those of the hajmola family, a favourite mug at home no matter in what shape , pranks played in all boys school, lazy summer afternoons, childhood games, the Emergency, they spoke of it all. The actors shared their experience of working on the play. Brainstorming, writing down childhood memories of their own and enacted it on stage. They scribbled on blackboards on the stage as they took off on each of their dream sequences. There was music, maths, equations, algebra, and letters. For them, these were memories.

"It was lovely. I had good fun being on stage." Konkona said. Ranvir Shorey was visibly excited too. This is not the first time he is in town for a production and he clearly states that he has no qualms to come back time and again to Bangalore as he simply loves performing here. Kudos to him for the brilliant act that he put up on stage. The humour was subtle yet piercing with none of the histrionics dampening the tempo. What it must be to live and feel as a neurologically impaired person came across very strongly by Ranvir.

The theme that bound the play was all the characters, juggling variables with their memories and deriving the equation that a person is the sum total of all his memories.
http://mybangalore.com/article/0709/the-blue-mug-with-konkona-ranvir-and-vinay.html
293418 thumbnail

Indians set record with 25,000 jigsaw images online

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/indians-set-record-with-25000-jigsaw-images-online_100215334.html
July 8th, 2009 - 11:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 8(IANS) Indian jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts have put together 25,000 images of a puzzle in an online challenge. The Limca Book of Records and the World Records Academy have cited it as the biggest jigsaw puzzle available on the Internet.
The challenge, which was initiated by Lipton Yellow Label Tea, was an attempt to put India on the sharpest thinkers' map, said Lipton spokesperson Vikram Grover at an event here Wednesday.

"The challenge was in perfect fusion with the interests of our brand. Our tea has adequate levels of Theanine (a green tea component) which helps to clear one's mind and stay sharp. The jigsaw challenge was an effort to bring the sharpest minds together to put India on the thinkers' map and set a world record," said Grover, who is the Category Head (Beverages) at Hindustan Unilever.

"Now we are going to apply to the Guinnes Book of Records too," he added.

According to organisers, the online challenge attracted over 180,000 participants. Each of them worked with 1,000 blocks of 25 pieces each to put together a large image especially designed for the challenge by international jigsaw genius Royce McClure.

The 12 fastest scorers were then called on to put together the image in its physical form, which measures 3616 feet, and depicts animals and marine life and has lots of colour. According to McClure, the jigsaw simply depicts "Life".

It took the challengers eight weeks to put together the image online after which 12 top scorers took a week to give shape to the same image in its physical form at the Select City Walk Mall here.

The top scorers, who were aged between 18-45, were joined by Grover, McClure and Bollywood actress Konkona Sen Sharma to put together the last pieces of the jigsaw.

The challenge began April 22 and concluded June 30.

"I am glad we have created a record which actually required people to use their brains and not by just showing the number of parathas you can eat," quipped Konkona, who looked elegant in a white kurta and black jeans.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Critically-acclaimed Indian actress Konkona Sen Sharma, who has mostly done author-backed roles in movies like "Mr.& Mrs. Iyer", "Page 3" and "Omkara", says she isn't as serious and moralistic in reality as the characters that she essays on screen.

"I don't identify with my roles - for instance my character in 'Page 3' was very serious and earnest. I keep getting roles of women who are earnest, moralistic and serious. But I'm not really like that in real life, " said Konkona.

The 29-year-old, however, doesn't wish to do much to change people's perception about her.

"Even if I am getting these roles, I'm happy because I feel you can't always play yourself in films. One is not in control of one's image. The only way I can control my image is by choosing my films... I choose only those films which appeal to me. I have done the best of what I have got...and it happens to be more serious roles. There's nothing wrong with that, " she said.

The National Award winning actress feels her serious image is a blessing in disguise for her.

"People think I am really like that, which is okay because no one messes with me on the sets ever. Also, I'm mostly associated with brainy things, which is good. I can't complain if people think I am brainy... how can I say it's a bad thing... it's a great thing, " said the actress who was in the capital for an event.

On the Bollywood front, Konkona is busy with two projects - "Wake Up Sid" with Ranbir Kapoor and "Mirch" in which she plays a double role for the first time.

" 'In 'Wake Up Sid', I'm playing a well-written character. My character is called Ayesha Banerjee, who has just finished her Master's, has come to Mumbai to become a writer and then she meets a complete opposite person, played by Ranbir Kapoor. It's all about their friendship, " Konkana told.

Talking about "Mirch", being directed by Vinay Shukla, the actress said: "It's a film about women and their desires and how they go about accomplishing them. I play two characters - a Rajasthani queen and a contemporary woman and Raima (Sen) plays the other two."

In the near future, Konkona is looking forward to do a period film and also approve of some scripts which "provide me with a platform to do some interesting work".

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
okay will add you
welcome to this fc
unknowndesires. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

okay will add you

welcome to this fc

Thnk u!😛