Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

293418 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey there, Aisha. You always have new siggies and banners and things. It looks nice. I for one am way too lazy on that score. I didn't participate in that topic you had on that sexism in the industry bit, but I suscribe to that sentiment completely. It really turns me off when people start calling actresses, who are in their early 30s, aunty. I literally have to pinch myself from not saying anything back like would you want someone treating you that way when you get to be that age. Phew, back to topic.

The Times of India cracks me up with its insanity. They actually had this feature, which actresses would be good as ghosts. Some people must be out of ideas.

Konkona Sen Sharma... yet another bong beauty, a strong performer and blessed with big beautiful eyes. We feel Konkona Sen Sharma fits the bill!

http://movies.indiatimes.com/Features__Events/Features/Which_Bollywood_actress_can_play_a_ghost/articleshow/msid-4077187,curpg-8.cms

293418 thumbnail
By the way, I watched The President is Coming last weekend. It was really funny unlike Akki's comedies. I don't know if you have seen Oye Lucky Oye Lucky, but it is by the same person, who did Khosla Ka Ghosla, but I liked it alot.
Konkona was very good, but the supporting actors were good. Some of the film was very LOLfunny and in a good way. It was nice, breezy, and I did not notice the time go by at all.
293418 thumbnail
Lo and behold, Konkona agrees with me too on OLLO. She was in TOI's Quote of the Week segment.

The week's most quotable quotes
01 Feb, 2009 06:00 am IST
lINDIATIMES MOVIES

Print EMail Discuss Share Save Comment Single page view Text:

Konkona Sen Sharma

"Jab We Met I liked very much. I mean I don't necessarily think I could have done that, but I liked it very much. Om Shanti Om I liked very much (disagree about second half, but then the girl was not allowed to watch Bollywood until age 13 so she has been deprived😆), Lagey Raho Munnabhai is I think fabulous and I thought Oye Lucky Lucky Oye was great."

Konkana Sen Sharma on films that she made wish : 'I wish I was in this'

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
LOL I keep changing siggies. A very sweet girl and whose a friend of mine made this siggy for me so I had to use it quickly. It's very beautiful. she's creative
whose in Oye Lucky Oye Lucky and Khosla Ka Ghosla??
btw konkona can play any characters. I'm loving all the characters she played so far. I can't wait for her new movies
Terenaina thumbnail
Nimmi: what u disagree with? I agree with Koko, I liked oso and jwm so much.
293418 thumbnail
I liked the first part of OSO alot, the 70s part. But when he goes all modern, it just seems all put on. I like SRK when he plays guys like Suri more.

Oye Lucky Lucky Oye has Paresh Rawal, Abhay Deol, and Neetu Chandra. But it and Khosla Ka Ghosla have the same director. Both movies rock. Khosla Ka Ghosla has Anupam Kher, Boman Irani, Ranvir Shorey,Parvin Dabas, and Tara Sharma (she is kinda of annoying but luckily does not have many lines in this).
Terenaina thumbnail
suri is so boring. I like it when he plays romantic or villian type of roles.
Abhay deol is such a boring actor. Have u watch that movie of neha with abhay? I watched a little bit and fall asleep...LOL hopefully koko doesn't do a movie with him hehe
293418 thumbnail
Well, Suri is boring. Who said he wasn't? But it did seem more believable. Have you seen Kabhi Haa Kabhi Naa? It involved SRK trying to woo Suchitra Krishnamurthy, but she was more interested in Deepak Tijori. Look at them now. He was the loveable loser in that film, and it was romantic and funny at the same time. I liked Darr too and even DDLJ too. But the trembled lip gets to me. KKKG is soo good until Kareena's story comes in the second half and make it all annoying.

As for Abhay, I will say that he is an acquired taste. Ek Chalis Ki Last Local is a slow movie, but I like his roles in his films. He takes risks, and he has survived. Of course it is easier to do that when you are an actor, but he is doing it his own way. He is the Amol Palekar of this generation but better looking.
Terenaina thumbnail
I agree with you on srk roles. Those were he's great roles.
nimmi, of course he's going to survive, he's a star son after all. He looks like bobby deol in a way. Anyways I don't like he's acting, it's like one expression through the whole movie. He needs to do something, acting is all about expressions and movements but he's like standing there. For example the movie SNT with ayesha takia and him.
293418 thumbnail
Chalo, we will agree to disagree. But he did not come into the industry with really any tailor made launch. He is one of the few star sons I am glad to see in the industry. He worked behind the sets, actually helping to design sets before he caught the acting bug. I like him and Neil better than that overhyped Ranbir "womanizer" Kapoor. Lekin chalo, have you seen LBC or been busy? I know you saw Victory or are you planning to see that this weekend as Kully and I are.

Also, a more Konkona related topic. But did you remember the 2007 Filmfare Awards and her reaction to winning for Best Supporting Actress. I thought it was adorable, but I was suprised no one thought it was controversial. But then again she isn't Kareena or Rani so she gets away with stuff.