Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetmagic4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: sapphire9

Hi there, I love the progress of the story so far!πŸ‘πŸ‘
Aww...Kripa seems so sweet and adorable.....she's a princess material indeed!
Can't wait to see sparks fly between AK 😳😍
Continue when you can 😊

thanks so much for your sweet comments!😳 I made Kripa as "princess" as I could in a modern day setting.πŸ˜ƒ continuing in 2 min...
sweetmagic4u thumbnail

Originally posted by: iamsmart

ye khala bhi na...baadmein nahi aa sakti thi. till then kripa would have seen her prince charming faceπŸ˜‰. hope she'll meet him soon. wonderful part

thanks Sana!😳 ab tho chehra real life mei hi dikhega!πŸ˜‰ (part 5)
Edited by sweetmagic4u - 16 years ago
sweetmagic4u thumbnail

Originally posted by: khnk_rox

hi reading ur fic for the 1st time.. really nice so far.. luv the concept.. waiting for angad's entry n longer parts plzzzzzzz.. cant help asking for that since u write so well..

that's so sweet of you!😳 ok, I made this part double long on your requestπŸ˜ƒ
sweetmagic4u thumbnail
Thanks again for the comments everyone! 😳

Ok, good news and bad news; Good newsπŸ˜ƒ: On special request I have made this part double the length of what I usually write. I was also kind of feeling bad that I hadn't upated properly since I started this FF. I think you will enjoy it, it's a playful scene. Bad newsπŸ˜•: Because of the time it took me to write I didn't get a chance to write the ball scene yet. Phew, now I know it feels to be on the other end of the line! πŸ˜› As a reader I enjoyed long parts but I didn't realize how much the writers worked to provide them for us. Some stay up late nights to update for us, a big hand to them! πŸ‘

SO sorry, I know many of you all were looking forward to the ball. I will try my best to get that up as soon as I can. In fact I have a little game at the end of the part that has to do with when the next part will be posted. πŸ˜‰

--------…~*~…--------

Part 3:

Flashback to when the party was being planned…

"Hum 20 lakh se na ek paisa kum lenge na zyada" repeated the skinny- faced, long- mustached businessman opposite Mr. Sharma.

"Mr. Bhatliwala," sighed Mr. Sharma, How will my company profit from this deal? Please try to understa-"

*Tring, Tring*

"Just a minute sir," said Mr. Sharma picking up the phone, "Yes?…Rosy (his secretary) please I told you not to disturb me when-…what? Kripa? Send her in immediately! Oh and prepare a check for 21 lakh in the name of Bhatliwala and 19 Sons Co. and send it in." (yes the #19 is meant to be there, no typo, you will see why)

A rosy faced Mr. Sharma turned to Mr. Batliwala, "Ok sir, done! 21 lakh mei deal pakki! I'm giving you a wonderful offer!" he shook Mr. Bhatliwala's hand vigourously in excitement, "I have some important business to attend to, now if you'll please excuse me..."

"Dhekiye, hum 20 lakh se na ek paisa kum lenge na zyada," repeated Mr. Bhatliwala stubbornly, he mustache wiggling with every word. "Yeh humare Company ka usul hei. Each deal is split evenly me and my sons, we can't take anything more or les-"

Mr. Sharma saw Kripa walk in through the glass doors and sit quietly on one of the waiting chairs.

"Ok, ok" cut in Mr. Sharma, "I'll have my secretary send you the new check by today or tomorrow."

"Today or tomorrow?" questioned the exact Mr. Bhatliwala.

"Tomorrow by 9 to 10 o'clock you will receive the check."

" 9 o'clock or 10 o'clock?" Mr. Bhatliwala enquired.

"By 9: 30 a.m sharp tomorrow morning you will have a check in your hands for exactly 20 lakh rupees, delivered to you by my secretary Miss. Rosy who will be wearing a pink colored dress as she does everyday!" cried Mr. Sharma impatiently.

Mr. Bhatliwala nodded satisfactorily, bid goodbye, and left the room.

Mr. Sharma was a stout, rosy man, who colored easily when he was excited. The color would start in his cheeks and spread all the way to his bald head as it had now.

Kripa giggled as she went up to her father and placed a kiss on his pink "tuklu."

"How the best Papa in the world?" she asked lovingly.

"Bhuhot khush! Mera ek beta jo ane wala hei!"

"PAPA?!" she said shocked. "Yeh koi umar hei? Kab se? Ma ka socha bhi nahi! Aur mere hote huye aapko beta…" she bombarded him with accusations.

"Paagli, mera damaad! Bas ab teri shaadi kardonga, your husband will be just like a son to me!" He said smiling.

"Tho phir tho aap affair hi kar ligiye!" retorted Kripa "Mei koi aise waise se shaadi nahi karne wali!"

"Look Rajkumari, you are turning 21, it's the perfect time for you to get married" he reasoned.

"No, I'm not ready to leave you and Khala for some stranger." Kripa shook her head.

"Ok fine, how about we throw a grand party for your 21st birthday. I will invite all the eligible young men in town so you can meet and pick someone of your choice."

Kripa shook her head stubbornly.

"Kuch tho rehem kha apne is budhe baap par! Itne sare stubborn logon se dealing karni padh rahi hei mujhko. Pehle Mr. Bhatliwala ab tum..." he pleaded.

Kripa giggled again, "Ok, par meri shart mani padegi…"

"Anything!" said Mr. Sharma excitedly (coloring up again).

"We will have a masquerade ball. Everybody will have to wear a mask to gain entry to the party" she spelled out her terms.

"But then how will the boys be able to see you? How will you be able to see them properly?" said Mr. Sharma in dismay.

"Exactly papa, I want them to fall for me, not my looks." And to herself she thought, "Mujhe apne Prince Charming ki pechan uske chehre se nahi, uski aahat se hei."

--------…~*~…--------

Angad stepped outside the "Natwarlal" mansion in a crisp white kurta and jeans with the necklace box in his hand. He checked his watch, "6: 30 pm" it read.

"Good I have time, I'll deliver Katik's necklace to the party and then I can come back home early." He was looking forward to spending a peaceful Valentines Day afternoon to himself, as both Natwarlal junior and senior would be at the party.

His neighbor Sher Khan spotted him hurrying down the drive. He was a middle-aged man of medium built, with a black sherwani on, and mehndi-colored red hair. "Angad beta!" he called.

Angad went up to Sher Khan's porch as he respected him a lot. Sher Khan was a close friend of Angad's dad Mr. Khanna. They had both built their business empires side by side as brothers, Mr. Khanna with his jewelry business and Sher Khan with his garments business. The two were inseparable, the only difference was the "na" between Khanna and Khan! (one of my all time favorite dialogue's from bheegi's di's FF "Faasle" If you're reading this, I hope you don't mind di!)

After the death of Angad's father, Sher Khan became like a father figure to Angad. He had always warned his bhabiji (Angad's mom) not to marry the sneaky Natwarlal, but the fear of Angad becoming an orphan had possessed her heart and she has not heeded Sher Khan's words.

"Salaam Khan Chacha, kaise hei aap?" he asked respectfully.

"Tumhe dekh, tabiyet khush ho jati hei" he exclaimed cheerfully in his thick accent. "Magar meri jaan, itni jaldi mei khaha jata hei tum?"

"Bas ek delivery karni hei Chacha"

"Humph! Kam, kam , kuch aur bhi karta hei tum? Woh Natwarlal ka chua (mouse), hum jaise sher ek bhari mei kha jata, agar bhabie ne humse vachan (promise) na liye hota!" he exclaimed with his eye narrowed, furious in his anger.

"Aap ka saya kismat walon ko milta hei,
magar aap jaisa dil dhoondne se bhi nahi milta hei"
Angad smiled at Sher Khan's concern.

Sher Khan smiled at Angad's placating words, "buhot miti batein karta hai tum! Chalo aaj aapne Chacha ki ek baat mano, ek party ka dawat aya hei hume. Likha hei ke mujhe aapne bete ka saath ana hei. Tho tumhe jana hei is jashan mei, humare saath!"

"Nahi Chacha, mei jakar kya karoonga?" Anagd protested.

"Ab tumhari Chachi aur mere tho loi aulad nahi. Tum hi humare saab kuch ho. Kya tum bete a farz nahi nibayega?" said Sher Khan with a somber face, knowing his emotional blackmail would work on Angad. He knew his friend, Mr. Sharma's hidden agenda of finding a groom for his daughter, Sher Khan was sure that Angad was the one.

"Acha Chacha, boliye kaha jana hei" Angad relented.

"Humara jigri dost, Sharma saab ki dawat hei. Unki beti Kripa ka janam din hei." Sher Khan said excitedly, elated at Angad's acceptance.

"Arre, unhi ke yahan tho mujhe delivery karni hei!" Anagd said, happy that he would be able to kill two bird with one stone. "Chaliye!"

They sat in Sher Khan's luxurious white vintage Rolls Royce. "Driver, botique chalo!"

Angad did not question Sher Khan's instructions as he thought he might have some work in the botique before they went to the party.

When they arrived at the botique, Sher Khan stepped out with a spring in his step. Then he poked his head back in through the door, "Meri jaan tum buhot der lagata hei!"

"Mei kya karoonga yahan Chacha?" asked Angad quizzically

"Aur sawal bhi buhot puchta hei! Party mei aise thodi jayega!"

He hurried Angad inside his botique and with a few quick words with his manager (he owns the botique remember) he had Anagd surrounded by attendants.

After about an hour, when Angad had tried on nearly every thing in the men's formal wear section, Sher Khan finally gave his approval to a white/crme colored sherwani with light silver embroidery around the neck.

Angad protested but his words fell on deaf ears, Sher Khan was insistent! He also presented Angad with a silver ring with a single diamond in the center.

"Yeh tumhari Dad ki ring hei. Woh chate the ki mei tumhe dhoon. Meine tumarhe finger size ki re-shape karwali hei."

Angad was speechless. He hugged Khan Chacha with delight, and thanked him from the bottom of his heart.

"Bas, bas, ab tumko late hota hei. Tum jao. Hum baad mei aayega" said Sher Khan giving Anagd a slight push toward the door.

Angad sat in the car and waved to Sher Khan, who stood beaming at him from the steps of the botique.

On the way to the Sharma mansion he looked at the ring, for once his expert eyes were not looking at the details of the stone and metal, they gazed lovingly at his father's nishani.

--------…~*~…--------

Ok, lets play a game shall we? Sher Khan is based in a certain character from one of Amitabh Bachchan old films. If you guys can give me the name of the movie (by tomorrow night 9 pm US time) I will post the next part (pakka, this time for sure it will be the masquerade ball!) tomorrow night, otherwise it will be up Thursday. What say, who's up for a challenge? πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

Shalini

Edited by sweetmagic4u - 16 years ago
sidra01 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ooh amazing its kinda of funny in a way kripas dad throwing a part for her to select her prince charming anyways loved it
patelniyati2004 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
ooooo is that movie khuda gawah???? with sri devi? but im not sure
sweetmagic4u thumbnail
sorry, not khuda gawah, good guess though! 😊 I will give clues throughout the day, how about that?
Rimsie. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i think that sher khan is played by pran i can't remember the movie name i think it was zanjeer or something else i will try to think of another name that i can later anyways amazing part thanks for not copying the oringinal version continue soon πŸ˜‰
AKForever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey great part..can't wait till they meet..continue soon πŸ‘ πŸ‘
sapphire9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Angad is quite clueless on whats in store for him eh?....at the ball?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Hmmm...about the game part, I don't think I've watched the movie before especially if its from the Amitabh era....so I almost gave upπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
But I took up the challenge and did some research on it πŸ˜³πŸ˜†....Is it Zanjeer? 😳
You've got to continue as soon as you can!😊