Sameer can’t stop crying!

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
Sameer Dharmadhikari can't stop crying!

Sameer Dharmadhikari who plays Siddharth in Main Teri Parchhain Hoon was really emotional while enacting a scene where his wife died in an accident. The actor couldn't hold back his tears even after filming. Sameer explains what happened on the set that day.
"I have a habit of getting into the character completely. So when I was filming the scene I was in tears as we were filming the death of my on screen wife. But even after the scene was canned I couldn't get over it. I was in a shock for sometime after doing the scene. I had to cry in the scene and because it was a crucial scene I could not talk to any one on the sets for few moments," says the actor.

The actor says that this reaction stems from his intense preparation for any emotional scene.

"Whenever there is any emotional scene in the show I ask the entire unit and my co-stars to maintain silence on the sets. I have been lucky that so far I have got such a nice unit that they really maintain pin drop silence for me."

Talking about his role Sameer says, "I am playing a middle class guy in the show. It is an extremely realistic character. He owns a factory and has a beautiful wife. He is a complete family man."

Sameer is one of the few actors who has pursued a career in TV after having made an entry into films.

"I started with commercials and then I have done some regional shows. What made me to this show is the production house behind it. Rajshree production house is very nice and they really take good care of their artists. There are a couple of films which I am doing as well. One of them is Control which stars the cast includes Mukesh Tiwari and Govind Namdev in this film. Casting for the female lead is still going on. The film is based on a social cause of No Tobacco but it will also have a commercial angle. Then I am doing one Marathi film called Nirop. Currently I cannot do more than this as this is a daily show and I have to give 20 days a month for this."

Sameer's first film was Dil Kya Kare after which he has done films like Satta, Agni Pankh and Husn.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/February/N ews_20080209_78

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scribbles thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
he's so amazing.
i love him!<3.