Meera has ashamed us all

Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Meera has ashamed us all

by Subhash K Jha

When Jagmohan Mundra chose Mikaal Zulfiker to play the lead in his ready-for-release Shoot On Sight after auditioning over a 100 hopefuls little did the young Pakistani actor know what awaited him.

Now he is down in Mumbai shooting a music video directed by Anu's brother Abu Malik which will promote Mundra's volatile film about a veteran Asian-Muslim cop in the British police force (Naseeruddin Shah) whose loyalty to his service is questioned after the subway bombings in Briton.

Says Mikaal, "I consider myself very lucky to have shared so much screen space with an actor of Naseer's caliber so early in my career. I play his nephew a seemingly innocent boy from Pakistan in Briton in whom we discover a dark side as the film proceeds.

It was a very challenging role for someone who has only done lots of Pakistani television and one other Indo-Pak feature film Godfather (based on Coppola's film) directed by Hriday (Pyar Mein Twist) Shetty. It had Vinod Khanna Saab in the Brando role.

I was paired with Preeti Jhangiani. It was released in Pakistan but not in India," informs the young Pakistani actor.

Godfather also starred the Bhatt discovery Meera.

Mikaal crinkles his nose. "She isn't someone I'd like my name to be associated with at all. She has no standing back home, how can she be expected to be taken seriously in India? All of us Pakistani actors with some sense and sensibility would cringe at the statements she made in India.

All of you in India must've thought all the actors from India are like Meera. I'd like to correct the image of Pakistani actors in India.I've been visiting India regularly since 2001 when I came to Delhi for modeling."

Now Mikaal intends to release a music album in Mumbai very shortly. "We're living in a world of multi-tasking and I want to be a Mumbai-based actor-singer. I'd love to work from Mumbai. I've been working on my album for four years.I'd like to record it in India. The music companies here are reliable."

Mikaal has a problem relating with the entertainment industry in Pakistan.

"I had several movie offers there. But I didn't see myself fitting into films back home. Jagmohan Mundhra's Shoot On Sight was a challenge for me because I'm seen in the chocolate-box cute-guy-next-door mould.

Strange that I got negative roles in both my films so far. The role came to me because I was recommended by Vinod Khanna and Nafisa Ali to Jag. Meri qismat achchi thi.I couldn't have hoped for better."

Mikaal has been approached for more roles in Bollywood. "I've offers, yes, including one from Mallika Sherawat to be part of her Fauj Mein Mauj," says the product of a British mother and a Pakistani father.

"I've been brought up in both Pakistan and England. I've experienced both the best and worst of the east and the west. That does give me an edge as an actor. Maine duniya dekhi hai. Though I live in Lahore I'd like to settle down in Mumbai.

I love Bollywood. I love the work of Naseeruddin Shah. He's like a father figure. And I love Mr Bachchan, Paresh Rawal. And I'm a big fan of Aamir Khan as an actor.

And when it comes to marketing himself Shah Rukh tops. Among the ladies Rani Mukherjee and Priyanka Chopra are my favourite. I guess I've a thing for older women."

He shyly confesses he has a girlfriend in Lahore. "She's a film actress. But we aren't in a steady relationship. I don't want to tie myself down. At the moment I can't look after anyone else when I've to look after myself. My ultimate dream is to own a home in every major city in the world."

🤢

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What problem does he have with Meera? I mean, I'm no Meera fan but why is he staying bad stuff about her? Does he think he's any better than he's gossiping about her?
anji thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh my God i used to like him,but after this i think it's hard for me to like him it's like isko koi tameez hi nahi hay. 🤢 Meera is a weird person but aik insan ko itna bura bolna woh bhi dosray mulk main what a retard apnay mulk kay stars ki izat nahi kartay dosron ki kya karain gay. In this case i totally agree with u amy.
Edited by anji - 16 years ago
aishiya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well, i think yeh koi new baat nahi hai, meera sey kissi bhi kisam ki tawaka ki ja sakti hai
missmalika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amy22

What problem does he have with Meera? I mean, I'm no Meera fan but why is he staying bad stuff about her? Does he think he's any better than he's gossiping about her?

yea I really totally agree with...i dont get it aswell....but thanks anyways for the article😃

***sonia*** thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I just hate her i don't know why can't she just stop all those stupid things 🤢
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
what exactly did meera say?
sspk19 thumbnail
can i get the link plzzzzzzz
tha_german thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amy22

it'S good that he says his opinion..i mean meera talks in a much ruder way abt. her collegs🤢 🤢

and it's funny that she once said in an interview :
I'm the most beautyful and talented woman in pakistan and all of my collegs are just jealous on me because of not getting any bollywoodmovie-offers😆 😆 😆
ooh pleaaaaaaasee

i just hate her shes soo arrogant anddd
GANDI 🤢 🤢

bb^^
Cup-Of-Chai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yukh... i hate tht lady ... 🤢 🤢 🤢 she looks so weird in tht pic😕