Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down - 7th - 11th July
Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down - 7th - 11th July25
Catch the weekly twists and turns in the serials brought about to capture its audience. A thumbs up where the audience likes the track, and a thumbs down where it fails to meet the expectations!!
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2843
Anashah1980 thumbnail

Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa is surely going the filmy way as the entire Ranawat family is taken aback when Astha, the loyal Bahu of the house decides to marry Swayam, played by Rahil Azam.

To get an insight on the track ahead, we talked to Ratna Sinha the Producer of Babul who says, "Well, the story now takes a new turn with Astha going against the elders of Ranawat family and marrying Swayam". So what does the future hold for Shubh?, we ask her. "The very interesting part is that Shubh is the only person who accepts this marriage", quips Ratna.

She adds on to say, "There is a big reason for Astha to take this step. I cannot go into more details as of now. But I can tell you that Shubh supports Astha in all her decisions. The track will now focus on varying points of view, whether it be Astha leading a happy married life with Swayam, to the fact that the whole family has turned against Astha, while on the other hand, Swayam is still under the impression that he is wedded to his love, Payal". So does this mean that Payal is alive? To this, Ratna comes up with, "Maybe or may not be!!".

Whatever it is, the thought that lingers in our mind right now is, What has prompted Astha to take this major step? Is Payal really alive? If this is the case, where is Astha? Or is it that Astha has suddenly developed 'silent love for Swayam.

i cant belive this.omg this is a really new twist.

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Sana Saeed wants to learn singing

Sana Saeed, famous as the little Anjali in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, has bagged her first lead role in Lo Pooja Ho Gaye Iss Ghar Ki in which she will be playing an aspiring singer.

"I am playing the role of an aspiring singer who runs away from her family to become a singer. I like and enjoy singing now. My mother had once asked me whether I want to learn singing. I said no to her then but now I feel that I should try my luck in singing too. Maybe I will start my training soon," says the actress and adds, "I have not tried singing in the show yet but I did dubbing for it. Presently I have a sore throat but at some point of time may be I will sing for myself."
Sana left her last show Babul Ka Aangann. About it, she says, "I was there in the show for two months, but I had noting to do there. I took up the show because I though it will consume less time since I am also studying. I want to complete my Bachelors Degree in Commerce and am also doing my Diploma in Advertising. But I realized after two months that there was no track so I informed the production house and they agreed to relieve me. Here too I have already informed the production house that I will take holidays for my exams and they promised me that they will make adjustments for me."

About her role, she says, "It is a very bubbly character. This is a comedy show and of course we will have a love story too. I come to Mumbai to become singer and enter a house as a cook. But I do not know anything about cooking. How I win over everyone's heart in the family is what the story is about."

Sana also plans to go to abroad for further studies and then will choose whether to do films or shows. She did three films as a child artist – Badal, Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, June 27, 2008

• Anashah1980 thumbnail

If I could, I would play Lord Shiva", says Kiran Dubey
    by Meenakshi Shankar
    Jul 08, 2008, Bangalore

In an exclusive chat with Meenakshi Shankar, Kiran unravels her journey now and to destinations she is yet to reach. In an interesting turn of events, what started off as a story lurking amidst the juicy snippet that came our way, talking to the actress proved to be a far better copy. To do justice to the quintessential actor, she defines herself, as ...from the lovely mountains of Mussoorie to the hustle-bustle of Mumbai, from the aim to pursue a career in journalism to the opportunity to discover myself through the profound medium of acting – my journey so far has been just a glimpse of the first few rays of the sun. I aspire to witness the entire sunshine in the never ending sky of creativity."

The snippet that came our way was a recent skirmish that happened 'a-la' Hindi movie style where in Kiran's boyfriend was beaten up by one of her 'jealous' friends. And unlike certain celebs that would raise hue and cry over a 'kiss' issue or losing a laptop or two on the sets, Kiran chose to sidestep the gossip. She said, "Gossip and gossip mongers and publicity stunts will always be there. I don't deny that the incident didn't happen. Yes, it did. But, it's a personal space, so please respect my need for privacy!" We tried to remind her that once a celeb, you are married to the paparazzi and the press. To that she said, "Yes. I know. But I respect my personal space and my need for privacy."

What happened to all the 'publicity creating dramas'…isn't that what our industry survives on? On creating a mountain of a molehill. But unlike most of her breed, Kiran comes across as a hard hitter and someone who believes in speaking out her mind. So much so, that, there were moments, when she came across making controversial statements - "Why wasn't the IPL match played for a cause?" or "I would like to educate Mr. Vijay Mallaya to channelize his funds effectively!"

Honest to the hilt, Kiran Dubey gets candid with us about her dreams, her aspirations, her need to reach out to the sky…

"I love this industry, but I'm in the industry purely for the money! Of course, the added advantage is that I've loads of talent and I've been associated with select highest TRP generating serials What I really want to do is something meaningful…something that makes me happy when I go to bed in the night

" We agree about the oodles of talent that this firecracker has in abundance. From being the youngest anchor to have interviewed His Holiness, Dalai Lama for a documentary called 'The Spiritual Journey' to working her bouquet of serials from the 'K' camp to the recent cameo on Ratna Sinha's 'Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na' she's a master juggler who is biding her time to do what she loves to do best. She's a little hush hush about a movie which is in the pipeline, though, she whispered, "It's a controversial topic. Let it streamline before I talk about it."

Another quality that we found rare. What happened to the lines that - "Oh there are a lot of projects in the pipeline..." which all of us know translates into, "I'm sitting home and twiddling my thumbs." But here, we know for a fact that Kiran's in talks, but still chooses to talk about her pet causes.

She says, "I want to do something for the rural masses. Ring in a reality show around the rural masses or how many kids you can make literate or how many women you can employ in work. If I were to make a reality show, it would be along these lines. The new age shows are all about info-taintment. Singing and dancing works well for some of my fraternity, but not for me." Without mincing her words, Kiran used the choicest of adjectives to define reality shows.

And we couldn't help, but ask her about the next rage which has taken over our television fraternity – that of making epic mythologies. With mischief and imp dancing in her eyes, she says, "Make me Lord Shiva because he's a rock star. Look at him – all that long locks and the well toned body – now that is some character that arrests my attention. The rest of them are well, been there, done those types." Mythologies she says, will always rule roost for the Indian viewers.

Currently busy with her cameo role in Ratna Sinha's popular, Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na, she says, "I am planning to write. I would like to explore that side of creativity too…I am a creative person and love to dabble in creative forms – be it cooking, be it art or something as simple as doing up a nook and cranny of my house"

Kiran Dubey is a fresh one, a rare kind in her breed

So much so, that after the interview, we actually asked her, "Are you sure you are an actor…how can you be so unaffected by all that you are surrounded with!" She laughs it off by saying, "Probably I'm jaded, and probably I'm smart…" Either ways, we have our sights on this firecracker!
    http://tellywatch.com/Telly_Interview/Kiran_Dubey_interview/ July-08-2008/Kiran_Dubey_interview_3.html

Anashah1980 thumbnail
    'Reality shows are silly'
    8 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN
     Print  

Write to Editor
    Kiran Dubey (TOI photo)
    She appears in a very cute role in the serial Ratna Sinha€™s Babul Ka Aangan Chhotey Na after quite a gap.

Ask Kiran Dubey about the break and she says, €œIt was becoming quite regressive to do the same kind of roles. I€™m a person who€™s driven by passion more than making money. So I need quality work around me.€

Her next obvious step has to be films, she says. €œIf you are from the TV fraternity, people as it is have a difficulty in accepting you in any major role for films. To top that if you are stereotyped, things can get from difficult to impossible,€ she thinks. What about the reality shows that are happening around, wouldn€™t she like to participate in any of those? €œI think reality shows which include singing and dancing and €˜all that jazz€™, are plain silly and stupid and you do nothing other than make a fool of yourself! And I shall never do anything which I think is senseless,€ she avers. €œPlus these shows are nothing but money-making fundas and that too only for the makers and the participants. Why can€™t they take up a moral cause. They could pick up subjects like who can better educate a child in the rural areas or how many kids can you make literate. Or if that is unaffordable, why can€™t they do a plain Oprah!€

So does Kiran do anything close to this on her own? €œEvery year on my birthday I can afford to throw a lavish party. But instead I spend it with disabled and orphan children. That€™s so much what I can do from my end. And whenever given a chance for something more towards the betterment of these kids, I jump at it!€

Recently she was part of a controversy surrounding her personal life (there were reports that one of her friends was assaulted by a guy, also a friend of hers, simply because he thought there was something brewing between her and the former guy). €œIt was really not such a big deal,€ says Kiran. €œJust because I hail from the TV fraternity, things had been hyped up. It was a squall between friends which took a little serious turn and I just got myself involved in the scene to stand by my friend!€
    type=text/javascript>var imgid = '3207004';var capt = 'Kiran Dubey (TOI photo)';var cnt='1'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ' '; } var b2 = '
    '+ capt +'
    '; belly ad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;
    http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buz z/Reality_shows_are_silly/articleshow/3206984.cms
    Anashah1980 thumbnail

Different heights
    Aastha Chaudhary and Siddarth Shukla the main leads of Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Angann Chootney Na have a major height issue. Siddarth is six feet and two inches tall and Aastha is too short comparatively. So during romantic or hugging scenes she has no choice but to either stand on high stool or wear high heels too. The co-stars often joke about them that their on-screen combination is like Amitabh Bacchan and Jaya Bhaduri and one day they will be successful and famous too. We wonder if this joke gives them a high or makes them sad as it is their debut show and they have a long way to go to even make a mark in the fast paced TV industry.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/His-true-colours/330861/

Anashah1980 thumbnail
    Rahat Ali Khan duplicates Vijay Kashyap!

by Vidhya Krishnan

Jul 08, 2008, Bangalore  

The snippet screamed – "Creative supervisor of Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Angann Chootney Na got bald to act as duplicate of Vijay Kashyap as he didn't turn up."

My my, that is what we call true dedication and going that extra mile to make things happen. We admire such dedication. And, without oozing sarcasm, we also appreciate that this is the reason why 'Babul Ka Angann Chootney Na' is one of the top eyeball catchers.

An important shaadi sequence in Babul Ka Angann Chootney Na was being shot. And since Vijay couldn't make it, the shoot, contrary to being cancelled and having a loss of time and money, took off because the creative supervisor Rahat Ali Khan stepped in. He instantly shaved his head off for continuity sake.

Apparently the actual person who had to duplicate Vijay Kashyap didn't suit well. We agree that it's not a mean feat to duplicate somebody – more so, Vijay Kashyap.
    So how did Rahat manage to make it happen?

We caught up with him to get an insight about the behind the scenes and he said, "We were shooting for a big sequence and Vijay was not available. So we arranged a duplicate for him but he was not up to the mark though for duplicates it is only the back portion that is shot. Nobody else fit the slot. It is not easy to get dupes and for this one it was all the more difficult because people must be ready to go bald." He added, "Without a thought, I pitched in since my height, body structure and neck size match closely to that of Vijay's. And for that I had to shave my head off and got bald to play his duplicate. I am fortunate enough that I fit the bill."

"The entire unit was surprised the moment they saw me because they didn't expect it. And there was a lot of 'patting on the back'. I didn't for a moment, think otherwise because the medium is such that works on killer timelines and the stress levels are way too high. And, the creative team behind the show goes with the flow.

A little embarrassed by the 'wah wah's that he's been getting, he says, "It's all part of the work. Anybody will do it!" We tend to disagree…we've yet to see another production house come to us with a snippet like this! Kudos to Rahat for the timely help!

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_News/Rahat_Ali_Khan_duplicat es/July-08-2008/Rahat_Ali_Khan_duplicates_Vijay_Kashyap_Babu l_Ka_Angann_Chootney_Na.html

Anashah1980 thumbnail
    Astha weds Swayam in Babul...
    Sony's Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa sees a new twist which will leave the audience in shock!! Get an insight here...

Casting couch exists….
    by Vidhya Krishnan
    Jul 04, 2008, Bangalore

Casting Couch –

Does it exist or doesn't it? Is it a fabrication of imagination or are there truly predators waiting to lynch on wannabe's who want to make a break into the world of glitz and glamour? The "casting couch" concept in many respects is connotative of the entertainment industry, but may apply to any industry for which entry is highly desirable and competitive. Definitely not a fabrication of imagination, it exists and we caught up with our telly stars to unearth their views…

Divyanka Tripathy –

I think it is more for the actress. But one thing is clear that it is not a forceful act but self approved and nobody can pull you into it. It is a personal choice and it is not wrong if one does willingly. I thank God I didn't have to go through anything like that and I was very scared before I stepped in this industry. I am from Bhopal and from a middle class family. I have been lucky enough because things came my way and worked for me. And I am pretty laid back and it is not hard and fast that I desperately go running for work.

Kiran Dubey –

It is not only in this industry but exists in each and every field. Even men go through this and I know a few of them. It is unfortunate that some people are put in such situations to get their dreams and I can only pity them. Nobody has ever dared to ask me anything but one or two times there were instances when few of them almost crapped with me but with just one look that I gave, they got petrified. I may choose to be with a beggar but I don't like it if people dictate terms on me. I am not so dumb to choose this way to get work done. I have my potentials and I believe in them and that is how one can grow. One may choose the short cut; initially it may be rosy but later on you are sure to come down. Having faith in self and working hard towards it can get you reach the sky and there is no better way. People are blinded with the thought that success is about money but there is something above that which people don't realize…I mean values

go out to prove themselves and with the lack of shrewdness are misused in the process. I think people need to be wise to exist in the present day. Especially girls need to be careful about whom they are hanging out with and make sure that they go with people whom they really trust. Staying away from toxicants helps in not getting yourself pushed in such situations. It is also better if you have a guard and be sensitive to who is watching you. I suggest that schools have classes that counsel students on a professional and personal level. Also parents should have faith in their kids at the same time inculcate values and also keep a watch on what they do. Give them the freedom and make sure that they don't misuse it.

Itishree Singh –

May be it exists but I have not been through it. It is a personal choice and depends on the individual who is making the choice and the comfort level of the person. It is like business and I feel the existence is more in cinema because someone puts so much money and expects something in return. But personally I don't favour it.

Ashita Dhawan –

When I entered this industry, I didn't know what a Casting couch means and also didn't know that the term compromise also means the same. Initially when I got work I was particular about getting into TV and not movies and there was this person who offered me with some role and told that I have to make some compromise. I was not aware about his meaning of compromise and assumed that it could be extra working hours, money and stuff like that but he could sense that I didn't understand and explained and I was clear that I am not so desperate to get work that way. Only later I got the meaning from my sister.

People who are put in such situations are usually who come from small towns. We are not aware in what circumstances people get into this. But it is sad that they give in to achieve their dream. In my opinion most of them in the movies go through this to get what they want.

Sumeet Raghavan –

I really think it exists. In fact guys are on danger It is common in all the fields and just not this field since it is glamorous and people like to know more about it. It is up to a person to get into a situation like that but we don't know in what situation people are put into and it is better we don't talk about something which we are not aware about. But I sincerely pray for such people.

Angad Hasija –

I don't think such a thing exists and people come up with their own talent.

Kinshuk Mahajan –

It exists everywhere, because of the media, the existence in this field is obvious. It differs from person to person and only fools get into it. Nobody can force you and it is out of your will that you end up making a choice.

Indraneil Sen Gupta –

I have heard of it but not faced it. In my opinion people out of desperation to achieve give in and fall into this. The existence is present everywhere and not just this field.