mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 19 years ago

It was a narrow escape for Shahid

"The tsunami waves swept everything away. Amongst the thousands killed could have been us," says actor Shahid Kapoor. The entire unit of producer Boney Kapoor including Kareena Kapoor, director Satish Kaushik and choreographer Ahmed Khan was scheduled to be in Phuket on December 24.

"It gives me goosebumps to think that the hotel we had booked on the beach doesn't stand anymore," adds Shahid.

Looking back, Shahid's mere request to Boney, to let him stay back for the premiere of his film, seemed to be a godsend. Today, the entire unit remains grateful to the actor.

"Three days before the 9/11 tragedy, Ahmed Khan was shooting next to the Twin Towers. And they collapsed. He was to accompany us on this trip too. He has been thanking me over and over again," says the actor and adds, "I told my grandmom about this incident. Now she's restless because recently I bought a house next to the beach. But what's going to happen will happen."

The entire incident, says the actor, has taught him an important lesson in life, "Life is so fragile. Here I am, 23, starting my life and career so enthusiastically. But this tragedy is such an eye opener. What's the point of such a life, which can be wiped away in a second?" he asks.

Switching gears, the actor brushes aside the lip-locking fiasco with girlfriend Kareena. "I don't want to say anything. It's my life and nobody's business. I can only say that everybody is entitled to his or her own privacy. Grant us that much respect please," he states.

He adds that he is secure, committed and happy in this relationship. And marriage? "Haven't thought of it. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it," he says.

After the release of Dil Maange More , Shahid confesses, "This film's premiere stopped me from going to Bangkok, I hope it spins its magic again."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

that is true gigli. Everything happens for a reason and death does not come by seeing who it is...

So basically this is his 2nd escape he should say.

popkurn thumbnail
wow😭 my friend would be very upset to hear that Shahid has passed away...luckly he didnt...my friend loves Shahid alot
xsonyxo thumbnail
ur right gigli.. :) ....but imagining articles of "Shahid Kapoor found DEAD" ... or anything else like tht sounds just..wierd...n bad :(