Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RedButterfLy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
hmmmmm I would have to agree with euro-pakigal.. seriously we really cannot believe what media says .. wether its in Pak or here in States... the only way to see the truth is from your own eyes .. which in this case is not possible
aishiya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RedButterfLy

hmmmmm I would have to agree with euro-pakigal.. seriously we really cannot believe what media says .. wether its in Pak or here in States... the only way to see the truth is from your own eyes .. which in this case is not possible

AGREE WITH YOU 😊

euro_pakigal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amy22

First of all, euro_pakigirl, leave me out of your posts. I'm not here to debate with you whether Musharraf is to be blamed or not or whether I should believe Geo or not. It's my own will whom I wanna believe... I'm kinda getting sick of your posts about me.

Anyways... whatever information I discussed in my posts some time back, was not solely based on Geo. I'm sorry but even if Geo is showing bad things of Pakistan only, aren't they actually happening? Geo hasn't made up these things... I dun need to defend Geo cuz mere phuphi ke bete ka naii hai vo channel... agar channel USA ka hai, phir to bilkul bhi naii. 😉

Some facts remain even if Geo is fake. Musharraf had the place where BB was assassinated, cleaned REAL fast so no evidence is left... and this is a current case that's why it's on my mind. This was also talked about/shown on PTV Global, btw.

People do not have food or water... did Geo make this up? You guys need to stop blaming everything on a single channel. I mean, if the Geo people really are traitors, it's damn bad and I highly disapprove of it like all true Pakistanis, but you cannot forget the facts and blame evrything on a channel and portray the government as a good one although it's obvious how badly they're failig as a government. We have highly illiterate people like the Chohdury brothers in the government... do you think they can do anything good for our country? This Musharraf who you, euro_pakigirl, so are always defending, has sent his own children outside Pakistan since BB was assassinated... if he's so fond of his country and has nothing to lose, why the hell did he send his family outta the counhtry? He knows the country isn't a safe place anymore... if these people who're leading the country aren't safe, how the hell is a normal poor person to lead a normal life? Did Geo make this up, too? Geo isn't the only channel in Pakistan or outside Pakistan... there are enough other channels which show the same.

Now coming to the actual topic... I have to say the mail is very thought provoking... it's hard to believe that people like Shahid Masood can be traitors. You also have to keep in mind that they're only doing their job. It's not their concern where the money comes from as long as they're doing their job with honesty cuz they're paid for their work. But the owner of the channel indeed is to be blamed if the channel really is portraying what USA wants the Pakistani people to see.

well amy22, well you cn believe what you like but im saying all this cuz ure always defending bhutto and zardari lot !!!

your previous posts were geo posts , i coudlt tell you watch geo alot and are plunged in their propaganda. geo never shows the good sides of pakistan always negative negative negative!!!always criticising da presidetn and the government( like you) the things they show they always make a scandal!!! and life the email said they dont discuss anyhing but things happening in pakistan wheras in the rest of the world other bad thingz happened too how long did they cover that for??? and no politician is safe today in pakistan not even musharraf!! the one that you all blame for these attacks!!

governement has provided all da imprtant people, memberz of da goverment, opposition party leaders with bullet proof cars and theres is a high security alert. i havent heard of his children going away it could be true may be not and if he has then its for their safety. EXTREMISTS AND TERRORISTS ARE TRYING TO DESTABLISE OUR COUNTRY and kill our roots but inshallah we'll never let them do that instead we will pull them out from their root ad make them pay for what theyve being doing!! zulm itna agaya ke no one is safe because of sum bas***dz who call themselves muslims and cant bare to see our country go forward!!! and what ure saying abt no paani and a poor country well PAKISTAN as a matter of fact IN MUSHARRAFZ DAUR HAD BEEN THE 3RD RAPIDLY GROWING ECONOMY IN THE .WORLD. has geo ever shown any good points!!! theres are so many good facts abt pakistan jina naam kabhi geo anhi letaa!!!

and u still cant believe it??? you think its their job to do their country badnaam to create a scandal in the world n show a bad negative image and woh bhi poison illeterate minds of ppl living in pak unko to jahan lagaye gain woh lagjaenge!!

Edited by euro_pakigal - 16 years ago
desi-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
geo is not usa conrolled and i can say dis because they own the jang in pakistan jang is a newspaper and frm tht they hav carried on the channel
further to the reports etc u guys hv been taLKIN ABOU BEIN UNTRUE AND GEO LYIN etc in a way
people think frm both points of view geo might be telling the thruth i mean news changes every second however to say tht geo is lying i think tht lying is not a nice way to put it but
geo exxagerates a lot, to an extent to dramas indian/pakistani mixed actores in a way is a gd thing because its kinda tightening the relationshoi[s 😃 with india thts gd hing

bu my overall point is tht geo has portrayed pakistan really badly becasue of da exxgeration and thts the only problem wih geo. and because it is a loved channel because of its news, hey tend to make themselves loookk more inrestin like this so hope u ake my point of view asweelll

i ain going for or against any1! thnx 😳
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kim_

that's what geo said, it's not true, they have all the evidences and all these evidences are handed over to scotland police... but geo is keep saying that the place was cleanned with water, even if you have watched one mystery movie or read one mystery novel you'd know that you cannot wash blood with water, nothing can clean human blood, and geo says that they did it very quickly, how quickly??? all the reporters were there... how can some one clean a place filled with all the dead bodies so quickly????????????

and Pakistan's police obviously crossed lined it so no one trasspass that area, they are professional enough and much better than these scotland police, because it took scotland about a month to discover whether bob woolmer was murdered or just died😆

That's NOT what Geo said... that's what a journalist asked Musharraf in his programme "Ewan-e-sadar Se" on PTV Global... GOSH! you people are making me mad with your stubbornness to prove me wrong. LOL.

amy22 thumbnail
Okay, once and for all... Geo mere phuphi ke bete ka channel nahi hai that I'm defending it. If they want to ban the channel, they can sure go ahead. My point is that I do believe that there's a lot bad things happening in Pakistan and Geo didn't make it up. They ARE ACTUALLY happening. Euro_pakigirl, you are so bent on proving your point that you are just typing whatever comes to your mind, without properly reading my posts and trying to understand them... and now you've started portraying me as a PPP Lover. I was never a PPP or Zardari fan... one and and ten thousand times I have written down here that everything good that I say about Benazir is cuz she's no more now. And when did I prove Zardari right or when did I defend him? Euro_pakigirl, I'd REALLY like to see my post where I defended Zardari... please give me the link to THAT particular post of mine or just quote me here so I also see since when I've started defedning that man. I'm Anti-Musharraf... but I'm not Anti-Bilawal. If Bilawal in future proves to be a good leader for Pakistan, I'll surely come here defend him... but for now I cannot write crap about him to please you... I haven't seen his policies... I dunno what kinda leader he's gonna be one day... so I'm not going to write bad stuff about him.

And one more thing, euro_pakigirl, for a second let's suppose I do defend Zardari, why does it bother you? Your opinion does not hold any place in my life, so why the hell are you intefering in my opinion of things and so desperately trying to act all politically well-informed?

One more thing... even if I watch Geo all day, what problem do you have with it? I can watch Geo 24/7 and choose to believe whatever they say... how is this any of your business? Don't you have anything else to do other than try and change people's opinions about certain things?

amy22 thumbnail
Now there are some points I'd like to make about the original post regarding Geo:

Some of the points in the original post sound really valid... but what I'd like to know is how the person who wrote the mail knows how much everyone earns... it must be an insider either or he just wants to ruin everyone's image.

Next thing is about Dr. Shahid's image... if USA actually own Geo, Dr. Shahid prolly has to stick to USA's rules as well. And USA are in favour of Salman Rushdie, because they are obviously Anti-Islam... but some time back Dr. Shahid did a show AGAINST Salman Rushdie. Why is that if he's a traitor? This is a contradiction, if you ask me.

Another point in the original post is that CNN and BBC took images from Geo to report everythingabout BB... but one thing the person missed is that all these channels also took images from Aaj TV in Pakistan. Now... is Aaj also full of tratiors?

Now there is another channel that Geo launched called AAG... why did they launch that channel for youth if they were doing enough propaganada with Geo News and normal Geo already? Do they wanna ruin our youth too? 😛
Kim_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

That's NOT what Geo said... that's what a journalist asked Musharraf in his programme "Ewan-e-sadar Se" on PTV Global... GOSH! you people are making me mad with your stubbornness to prove me wrong. LOL.

no one's trying to prove you wrong, well, we have just met I guess I mean talked😉

but I watched it on geo saying all this crap about washing the place with water😛

however I don't know if geo is linked to USA or not, but GEO IS DEFFINATLY NOT PAKISTANI CHANNEL no Pakistani would do what geo does to ruine our image in the world... plus they promote tarrarrisum, by showing all these news, because that's what terrorists want the media coverage and geo is always forward to help terrorist in getting the media coverage they want and why no other contry show such things about their country because it's bad for country but geo does this against Pakistan because they are not Pakistani they are either "Munaafic" or our enemies like they are linked to some enemy country😡

Kim_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Another point in the original post is that CNN and BBC took images from Geo to report everythingabout BB... but one thing the person missed is that all these channels also took images from Aaj TV in Pakistan. Now... is Aaj also full of tratiors?

CNN did say that they got the images from GEO and so did Aaj tak they both say the same thing..

and GEO it self claimed that they are the first one to provide all the images, but what is your point😕