If looks could thrill-MINI MATHUR

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
If looks could thrill
doweshowbellyad=0;
Urvashi (TOI Photo) More pics
Can an average looker make it in tinsel town?

Urvashi Dholakia

Rather than good looks I think it is important to be well groomed! If you carry yourself well then it automatically adds to your charisma, though your looks may be okay.

I have seen My Name is Anthony Gonsalves and I think Nikhil Dwivedi has done a great job in his first film. It is his talent that is adding to his looks. Also I feel the concept of looks is very subjective. The person I find good-looking may seem ugly to the other person and vice-versa.

Sudha Chandran

I don't think good looks are important any longer in the glamour industry. I would love to watch a face which is different and not the typical chocolate-boy or a PYT. People now appreciate good performance rather than mere good faces.

Ajay Devgan is the hottest hero around and so is Sharman Joshi, they belong to a different genre. Also Amitabh Bachchan was an ordinary looking man, a common man's hero!

For me Parveen Babi was a very glamorous and unrealistic heroine, so I couldn't relate to her. The audience today is very intelligent and they prefer to watch common, relatable faces rather than the larger than life faces on screen.

Renuka Shahane

I don't think good looks are that important when it comes to film actors. In fact, some of our greatest actors would not have made it big if good looks were the main parameter.

For instance, Yusuf Saab was not a conventionally good-looking man, but he went to be one of the greatest actors we have. Amitabh Bachchan arrived in a lanky avatar, but his looks grew on people.It may have something to do the success they achieved.

For actresses, audiences are less forgiving. Everyone wants girls to be pretty and attractive. In the TV industry a lot of plane Janes, including me, managed to get good work. May be the homely look worked well on the small screen.

Chetan Hansraj

I think good looks are important, but most important are your connections. It's sad but true. I don't want to blame anyone, but I guess the problem is that our industry is not organised at all.

I know a lot of people who are very good looking and have great talent but could not do anything because they don't have the right connections. Good luck and great looks work perfectly in this industry. The TV industry is a little better as a lot of people have made careers here without connections and with average looks.

Neena Gupta

Good looks are a ticket to climb up the ladder and to get a break in the glamour industry, good looks are a pre requisite. But if one is a good actor one can go a long way. Good acting skills along with luck can fetch a hit role in this industry. An actor's ability, hard work and persistence make him look good on screen naturally.

Mini Mathur

I think it was in the yesteryears that looks were given importance to be in the glamour industry.

Not anymore! Today it is more about personality and attitude. It is also about how well-read and knowledgeable you are! If you possess these qualities, looks can go take a hike.

cheers

resh