Amita was never my girlfriend-KARAN/ROBBY

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Karan looks towards cinema

doweshowbellyad=0;
Karan Patel (TOI Photo) More pics
Stories about Kasturi's rebellious Robby, Karan Patel, turning tardy are filtering out of the production house.

With surprising candour, Karan admits that there was indeed a problem at Balaji. "Yes, I did come late for the shoot. But that's because I'm anchoring a new show Kaho Na Yaar Hai and initially there was some problem synchronising the two schedules. I'm sure it'll be sorted out very shortly. For now I regret the inconvenience caused to the Kasturi team and to Ekta." Karan admits Ekta was upset about his latecoming. "We had a meeting and I explained my situation. And she's okay now. Yes the Kasturi cast did walk out en masse because I arrived late. But it's not something I did intentionally."

Karan makes another strangely disarming confession. Amita Chandekar, who has a vamp's part in Kasturi, and who was his partner on Nach Baliye 3 recently was never his real-life girlfriend. "I'd like to clarify that I don't have a girlfriend. This was something I needed to clear for a long time. It's a misunderstanding that has been allowed to go on for too long. Amita and I were close friends. And we were together for some time, though not as a couple. Our togetherness was mistaken for something else. I'm much relieved to clear this notion."

So how did they end up being a couple on Nach Baliye? "We were friends and we suited the rules and regulations of Nach Baliye. You could say we were a pair, or you could say we were never a pair. I never proposed to her. There was never a girlfriend-boyfriend tag. We were two people who hung out together quite often."

On the work front, the actor says he was always confident of his success. "But I never knew it would happen so suddenly. One day I was just another face on television. The next day I was Robby in Kasturi. Then Nach Baliye happened. Now I'm anchoring a show. I couldn't have hoped for more."
He admits the fan attention has increased. "I'm now craving to make the next move to cinema. Insha Allah, it should happen soon. Yes television has its own place now. But when you do a lot of television, you become identified as the character you play in the soaps. But age and time are on my side. So I can be patient. I'll have to cut off from television, reinvent myself for the big screen. Yes I do have film offers," he says.

cheers

resh

Edited by a Viewbie to add link to the article.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Con fession_time_for_Karan_Patel/articleshow/2686499.cms
Edited by *Shruti* - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divzzhere thumbnail
thankz for the article!!

div
simrat91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks 😛 wow so they werent even 2gether?? soo was that whole lovey dovey act on nach baliye fake???
Jessuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks...yay relieved to hear he was never with amita..he deserves soemone better 😊 not that amita is not good but she does not at all suit my karan 😃
love, jess<3
second_chances thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wat? wat the ehck ? so nb was like another role for them? im sooooo confused. this interview makes no sense.
knumnum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: simrat91

thanks 😛 wow so they werent even 2gether?? soo was that whole lovey dovey act on nach baliye fake???

Hmmm, I dont think there was any lovey dovey thing went on NB sets.. I mean, they never showed Karan as sooo much in luv with Amita or doing something for her. Their relation was always shown and restricted to sets and practice😆.. So Iam not surprised actually😳

Haha, Man, Iam sooooooooo relieved to hear this news. Now, I guess I dont have any competition and i can continue😉, Robina, Are u listening??😆

Thanks for the article yaar😛

Krishi

pragalbha thumbnail
OK.....I am confused! How were they allowed to participate in NB3 then? I thought NB was for people who were a couple, married or otherwise!!

I really don't care whom he dates or does not date. I had the same opinion when an article came out saying that him and Amita were together (though I did feel they did not suit each other) and I still hold the same feeling when this new artivle has come out about him not being with her!

All I care is his work and as long as as he does a good job at it, that's all I am concerned about!
That's really stupid.. if they were never a real couple, they should not have been allowed to take part in Nach Baliye. I think they just pretended to be together, in case they won. Great job, Karan Patel. 🤢
simrat91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: knumnum

Hmmm, I dont think there was any lovey dovey thing went on NB sets.. I mean, they never showed Karan as sooo much in luv with Amita or doing something for her. Their relation was always shown and restricted to sets and practice😆.. So Iam not surprised actually😳

Haha, Man, Iam sooooooooo relieved to hear this news. Now, I guess I dont have any competition and i can continue😉, Robina, Are u listening??😆

Thanks for the article yaar😛

Krishi

mmmm now that i think about ur rite...the only ppl who talked about their love was the judges n hosts....they never really said nething...

yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
everything is fine but hello...NB is for real life couples and if they were not one, y did they take part 😕