Pakisan-THE WORLDS MOST DANGEROUS COUNTRY

love_kush thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

LONDON: Using a dramatic illustration of a hand grenade in the colours of Pakistan's national flag, the world's arguably most authoritative journal has anointed Pakistan "the world's most dangerous place".

The Economist newspaper, staid and doughty campaigner for free trade, free speech, in fact freedoms of every sort – within parameters - has succinctly declared that "for some time Pakistan has been the main contender for the title of most dangerous country on earth. Since the murder of Benazir Bhutto on December 27th its claim has been strengthened."

The Economist's depiction of Pakistan as a dark and frightening country, possibly the most dangerous on earth, has got the chatterati going in many Western capitals. In London, which twins with Washington in the possibly delusional line that gives former General President Pervez Musharraf license to rule, the characterisation is seen as a huge blow to Western attempts to gloss over Pakistan's obvious lack of democracy.

The Economist , which quaintly styles itself a newspaper in the way it was more than 150 years ago, offers many reasons that Pakistan may now "seem a frightening place". It points out, in its newest issue, that Bhutto's December 27 assassination frighteningly illustrated that "terrorists could strike in Rawalpindi, headquarters of the Pakistani army, despite having advertised threats against Miss Bhutto, and despite the slaughter of some 150 people in Karachi on the day she returned from exile last October, (which) suggests no one is safe".

And it adds that, "if, as many in Pakistan believe, the security services were themselves complicit, that is perhaps even scarier. It would make it even harder to deal with the country's many other fissures: the sectarian divide between Sunni and Shia Muslims; the ethnic tensions between Punjabis, Sindhis, Pushtuns and 'mohajir' immigrants from India; the insurgency in Baluchistan; and the spread of the 'Pakistani Taliban' out of the border tribal areas into the heartlands."

The journal concludes that "for too long, Mr Musharraf has been allowed to pay lip-service to democratic forms, while the United States has winked at his blatant disdain for the substance". And in a crushing blow to Western aspirations the world will accept "the justification" Musharraf has been the pre-eminent source of "stability" in the world's most dangerous place, it concludes that it's time Washington and London accept "that democracy is not the alternative to stability. It is Pakistan's only hope."

or a long time, in fact since its genesis most Indians have believed that Pakistan is the most dangerous country in the world and its now been confirmed by the Economist after six decades.

Weapons - especially the Nukes - are surely part of the reason - but in my view, it has got to do with the national mindset. When a country's creation and existence is based on a "Negative" ideology (I am NOT like you, so we cannot live together) then there is little positive that can come out of it.

The "You" and "They" in this negative ideology (which is what the "Two Nation Theory" was) might soon have different protagonists. In 1947, it was the Hindus, and thereafter were different people but the same relationship with the "They". Along these years the "They" in the un-ending Two Nation theory have seen the Mohajirs, the Bengalis, the Ahmediyas, the Civilians, the Elected Leaders.... the roster has changed. But the mindset - the relationship with that character called "They" has remained the same. The Two Nation theory is still at the VERY HEART of Pakistani existence.

This is why a country which has exactly the same ingredients as India - except the religion part - has never seen democracy for more than half a decade at a time! The Economist suggests that it is probably time to "try democracy" - which to me is nonsensical and naive at its best!

Can you replicate or force "Love"? Could Ranjha have "taught" Love to another? Democracy is like Love. It is FOR the people, OF the people, and BY the people. The last one "BY the people" is an expression. Expression of love that may not be perfect.. but "Tolerant" nevertheless. The expression that I may not be "like" you, but we can live together! And this is exactly where Pakistan's basic DNA fails! It was formed with the cry - that if you are NOT "like" me, we are "Two Nations"! If I am not "like" you.. we are enemies!

The presumption of enmity in the face of diversity is a dangerous trait. It is what makes working together with diversity impossible! And that "Circle" where completely disagreeable diversity exists, shortens as the time goes on! Its legitimacy in the eyes of the central character never comes down, though!

Soon, one reaches a point when just "another" human being is enough of a diversity to attack.

We are nothing but our thoughts. When strong and negative expressions in terms of thoughts become the central precept of your existence.. the raison d'etre then they become the existence itself.

Yes, Nukes are devastatingly dangerous to all and yes, the missiles like Ghori - named after a barbarian (the reflection of the negative, as opposed to a positive mindset) - are dangerous. But the Mindsets is what I am most worried about. THAT is what makes Pakistan the "Most Dangerous Country on Earth"!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RedButterfLy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Pakistan?? and MOST Dangerous??? obviously who ever wrote article has just probably been to tribal areas only... And what country is considered safe?? United states has the top most security force of all and every possible weapon to keep it so called "safe" but what happened??? 9/11 ... was it worse than Bhutoo's death?? more then 2500 people had died in that attack. Articles like these are published to get our country's reputation and image down... but obviously the writers/journalists concentrate on dramatic events rather than talk about how life is all over Pak..
Edited by RedButterfLy - 16 years ago
jadiy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i think afghanistan or israel/palestine area is probly the most dangerous? 🤔
rizwanag thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Please friends do not post any articlales like

that....Every country go through some difficulties

sometime in life so what if it is Pakistan this

time. WWe should not stop

hoping.....Pakistan will Rise Inshallah Talah...why

should we become Hopeless...for what reason
????
Edited by rizwanag - 16 years ago
*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Uff i don't understand this girl.... Honey avoid building tensions okey...This article is absurd..Moderators please close this topic!
RedButterfLy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Fiza*

Uff i don't understand this girl.... Honey avoid building tensions okey...This article is absurd..Moderators please close this topic!

I agree... why is it that we get one person everytime who has to come in n try to prove how our country is bad and how our country is evil.. its about time people should pay attention to their own business, their own countries ONLY.. and stop worrying about otherz, WE will take up some time, but we will rise for sure Inshahallah God willing...!!!

red_moon thumbnail
No country is safe today, nor our homes are safe too. But those who have faith they are alive and happy even in Baghdad today :)
Edited by red_moon - 16 years ago
euro_pakigal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
one word
sorry but i call this "BULLSHIT"
dis article is sooo absurd lyk sum1 said
pffffff its not tru in anyway its propaganda againts pakistan from all its enemies as we are a danger to the west because we are da only islamic country with nuclear bomb and they cant accept dis fact so they're trying to step all over us!!!
but we will never let that happen
god bless pakistan and all the pakistaniz!!!
euro_pakigal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

sorry but i call this "BULLSHIT"
dis article is sooo absurd lyk sum1 said
pffffff its not tru in anyway its propaganda againts pakistan from all its enemies as we are a danger to the west because we are da only islamic country with nuclear bomb and they cant accept dis fact so they're trying to step all over us!!!
but we will never let that happen
god bless pakistan and all the pakistaniz!!!
Edited by euro_pakigal - 16 years ago
tumhari? thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
no place on this earth is safe and thats why you cant say one country as the most dangerous